The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Sandby Hall Vs. Gill Street

So I know that Gill Street is the nicest accomodation and ideally it would be my first choice, but it's a bit pricey. However, Sandby Hall is also in a great location and cheaper.

Gill Street:
Standard en-suite (42 wks): £4,389.42 per year (£104.51 per week)

Sandby
Standard en-suite: £3,948.42 per year (£94.01 per week)

So to any current students, is Gill Street worth the extra money or should I pick the cheaper option Sandby? Also what is Sandby like? because on the Open Day we could only look round Gill.

Thanks in advance.

Scroll to see replies

I second this question with the addition of Blenheim to the mix!
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Yeah I'm thinking Sandby or Blenheim too... Gill Street costs a bit much!
Hampden is also one of the best locations and a lot cheaper... but it doesn't look as nice from the pictures (and the rooms aren't en-suite)
...any advice???
anyyyy update on this?

Never mind, Gill Street = waste of money.
Reply 4
Sanby hall is where its at!! Alot cheaper still got an ensuite and the people will be so much better.. Sanby raves here we come!
Reply 5
.X.alysha.X.
So to any current students, is Gill Street worth the extra money or should I pick the cheaper option Sandby? Also what is Sandby like? because on the Open Day we could only look round Gill.

My mate Will lives at Sandby Hall at the moment and says the bedrooms are small and that it gets annoyin sharin a kitchen area with 12 other people! But yea Gill Street is really expensive!
But Blenhiem looks pretty nice and thats en-suite not far from campus etc! And I have been told Norton Court is really nice rooms, en-suite etc and has a common room and that by people who are currently there! (:
Reply 6
xzoe18x
My mate Will lives at Sandby Hall at the moment and says the bedrooms are small and that it gets annoyin sharin a kitchen area with 12 other people! But yea Gill Street is really expensive!
But Blenhiem looks pretty nice and thats en-suite not far from campus etc! And I have been told Norton Court is really nice rooms, en-suite etc and has a common room and that by people who are currently there! (:

I thought blenhiem had shared bathrooms?? I think sanby is good as even though you get slightly smaller rooms that gill it is still worth the money.. Sharing with like 12 other people would be cool in someways as you would get to know people quickly
joshchilds
I thought blenhiem had shared bathrooms?? I think sanby is good as even though you get slightly smaller rooms that gill it is still worth the money.. Sharing with like 12 other people would be cool in someways as you would get to know people quickly

Yea makes it more memorable, bigger crowd means more chances of finding good friends to get along with.
Reply 8
joshchilds

No Blenhiem is en-suite (:
Reply 9
i cant decide between gill and sandby!!!!
gill is huge compared to sandby!
n i havnt had a look at sandby in a while n its currently not on the website.. i want my id number to hurry up at come! :smile:

i like the sound of bigger crowds, bigger places to throw partys :smile:
Sandby is my choice
Has any1 noticed tht sandby has been taken off the ntu website ?
pauleverest
Has any1 noticed tht sandby has been taken off the ntu website ?

Oh yea, what's happening?
I heard it was just Maintanece(sp?)
Hampden hall is ex council housing so is quite run down. Norton Court is ok but very far out, a good 30 min walk to uni. Sanby is even closer than Gill Street, looks a bit run down but cheapest on site accom with ensuite. Gill street is lovely, but everyone wants to go there and it sells out in a couple of hours (it did last year anyway) also they got RINSED by all the other halls in freshers week, sooo many chants about them!! Everyone goes on about how everyone at gill st is really rich, but that's not true, it's just they got there first! Everyone i know there is nice but there seems to be a few stuck up kids who have the mentality that they're all loaded and therefore better than everyone else. Word of note also, nottingham trent accom is known as being the most expensive outside of London unis!
Thats not fair. We dont have our ID's yet!!
Gill Street is MAJORLY overpriced for what you get, Sandby and Hampden rooms are like boxes. Not sure about blenheim and norton court, never been.
..But..
Clarendon Court is The Shiz :awesome: Rooms 1 and 4 are ginormous!!!! The biggest you will get in uni accomm by far! Its so underrated as accommodation, its the cheapest and the best :P:
superduperawesome
Hampden hall is ex council housing so is quite run down. Norton Court is ok but very far out, a good 30 min walk to uni. Sanby is even closer than Gill Street, looks a bit run down but cheapest on site accom with ensuite. Gill street is lovely, but everyone wants to go there and it sells out in a couple of hours (it did last year anyway) also they got RINSED by all the other halls in freshers week, sooo many chants about them!! Everyone goes on about how everyone at gill st is really rich, but that's not true, it's just they got there first! Everyone i know there is nice but there seems to be a few stuck up kids who have the mentality that they're all loaded and therefore better than everyone else. Word of note also, nottingham trent accom is known as being the most expensive outside of London unis!

when did u last look at hampden halls?? its has been redone this year and i spend my 1st year and it was mint!!!! much better than sandby and gill street is so over priced!!
gill street is so much nicer, my boyfriend lives there and i have a friend in sandby

HUGE groups of people go out together from gill and pre lash in a different flat every night
huge new kitchens and massive court yards for bbqs and drinks in the summer.

definately choosing gill street, its worth the money

xo
Reply 19
Hi ya. have u seen Hampden Halls. would u reccomend that? I have seen Gill Street and feel in love with it but im looking at an alternative just in case I dont get a place :s-smilie:
Original post by Hayleyannerose
gill street is so much nicer, my boyfriend lives there and i have a friend in sandby

HUGE groups of people go out together from gill and pre lash in a different flat every night
huge new kitchens and massive court yards for bbqs and drinks in the summer.

definately choosing gill street, its worth the money

xo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending