The Student Room Group

How does the IB check for plagiarism?

HI,

I have my TOK essay due tomorow (midnight) on turn it in. I am not quite sure if it is an internal deadline or an Official IB as I have the hard copy due on the Monday. If for example, I submit a copy of my TOK essay on Turn it in, but decide to work on it over the weekend (to make it better) and add/ change it partially and give it as a hard copy on Monday will i face any significant consequences?

Thnx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That's an internal one - the IB needs them in middle of march ish - april i think...

which means you could, but why not just not give it in on turnitin, and work on it till monday and hand it in then? you wont face anything as it is an internal one....
Reply 2
Fandellos
That's an internal one - the IB needs them in middle of march ish - april i think...

which means you could, but why not just not give it in on turnitin, and work on it till monday and hand it in then? you wont face anything as it is an internal one....

Thats what I meant :P, thanx for the quick reply btw.
Reply 3
tounol
Thats what I meant :P, thanx for the quick reply btw.

No probs, im trying to get through my EE *weeps*

which question are you doing btw?
Reply 4
Fandellos
No probs, im trying to get through my EE *weeps*

which question are you doing btw?

ahh, I feel your pain. Ive been through that, and Im not feeling confident (EE). I chose the last question: “There can be no knowledge without emotion…until we have felt the force of the knowledge, it is not ours” (adapted from Arnold Bennett). Discuss this vision of the relationship between knowledge and emotion.

yourself?
Reply 5
"Seek simplicity and distrust it" Is this good advice for a knower?

I love TOK, i got full marks in the presentation and cant wait to finish the essay, but this blasted EE, grrr.....

im hoping to scrape a pass in the EE, but make up for it with TOK....
Reply 6
tounol
HI,

I have my TOK essay due tomorow (midnight) on turn it in. I am not quite sure if it is an internal deadline or an Official IB as I have the hard copy due on the Monday. If for example, I submit a copy of my TOK essay on Turn it in, but decide to work on it over the weekend (to make it better) and add/ change it partially and give it as a hard copy on Monday will i face any significant consequences?

Thnx

which country are you in? (just wondering, since our school's deadline is tomorrow as well)
Reply 7
Fandellos

I love TOK, i got full marks in the presentation and cant wait to finish the essay, but this blasted EE, grrr.....

My school has a stupid policy. They refuse to give us our Presentation grade and so I have no idea what I was given. I quite enjoyed it though. I'm hoping the same actually :P

What was your pres on?
Reply 8
jy9626
which country are you in? (just wondering, since our school's deadline is tomorrow as well)

denmark, you?
Reply 9
oh, nevermind.
belgium
Reply 10
Fandellos

What was your presentation on?

I'm in the process of planning one now and I'm really enjoying it....
tounol
What was your pres on?

Graphix
What was your presentation on?

Deception, and the problem it presents us as knowers. You guys?
Reply 12
Fandellos

Ah, sounds interesting. My title was "How do we know that art is didactic"
tounol
Ah, sounds interesting. My title was "How do we know that art is didactic"

It was, i got in Gettier and Plato and allsorts, was great :smile:

Is art always didactic?
Reply 14
Fandellos
It was, i got in Gettier and Plato and allsorts, was great :smile:

Is art always didactic?

Not always, I found that it is relative. But in most cases, yes :smile:
Yeah IB checks for plagiarism with turnitin.com . Also, make sure you obey your school's deadlines as the IB rules say that your school can fail you for not complying with them. Their deadlines are just as significant as the IB's. Even though half the time they are negotiable if you have a nice enough coordinator. AKA handing your EE in *two weeks* late and missing ALL your draft deadlines could still let you pass IB and get a B on your EE without it containing any relevant economics terms :wink:.
Reply 16
thatonealex
Yeah IB checks for plagiarism with turnitin.com . Also, make sure you obey your school's deadlines as the IB rules say that your school can fail you for not complying with them. Their deadlines are just as significant as the IB's. Even though half the time they are negotiable if you have a nice enough coordinator. AKA handing your EE in *two weeks* late and missing ALL your draft deadlines could still let you pass IB and get a B on your EE without it containing any relevant economics terms :wink:.

Do you think theyd notice if I hand in a slightly different hard copy than the one I submit in turnitin.com ? (my school)
Reply 17
thatonealex

ps: how does the IB check with turnitin, dont they recieve hard copies only ?
tounol
ps: how does the IB check with turnitin, dont they recieve hard copies only ?

thats a good point, i guess its the school that checks it for them. In my school we never had to hand it in online, but had to give soft copies of major assignments like EE and TOK which were then run through plagiarism checks. I guess its the school who is responsible. Unless the IB uses a scanner with letter recognition which scans everyone's work and puts it into documents which are then compared to a database for plagiarism.
Reply 19
Fandellos

Well mine is going to be on the problem of education - do schools stifle creativity? should we accept knowledge from authority? is education ultimately futile?

Do you think this is TOKish enough...??

Latest

Trending

Trending