The Student Room Group

Help with applying for student finance 2012!

I'm in the middle of applying for my student finance maintenance loan but I'm a bit stuck :/
When I started the form it gave me the choice of whether I wanted to apply for a loan that isn't based on household income or one that is, I chose the one based on household income so that I could see how much was available to me. Now I know that I don't need to apply for that one and just want the loan that isn't household income based but I don't know how to get back to where the website gives me the choice as it won't let me go back now I've saved parts of the form! :s-smilie:
Can anybody help?
I am not 100% sure but I would say that you will have to complete the form as it is.

If you choose to be non-assessed then you will only be eligible for 65% off the loan amount according to the DirectGov website.

If you are really in a muddle then it would probably be best to give them a call and tell them your situation. I am sure they could reset your application.
Reply 2
Original post by Twigleheight
I'm in the middle of applying for my student finance maintenance loan but I'm a bit stuck :/
When I started the form it gave me the choice of whether I wanted to apply for a loan that isn't based on household income or one that is, I chose the one based on household income so that I could see how much was available to me. Now I know that I don't need to apply for that one and just want the loan that isn't household income based but I don't know how to get back to where the website gives me the choice as it won't let me go back now I've saved parts of the form! :s-smilie:
Can anybody help?

I am with you on that !!!

I am SOOO confused! xxx
Reply 3
Original post by The_Jakal
I am not 100% sure but I would say that you will have to complete the form as it is.

If you choose to be non-assessed then you will only be eligible for 65% off the loan amount according to the DirectGov website.

If you are really in a muddle then it would probably be best to give them a call and tell them your situation. I am sure they could reset your application.

Thank you! I'm just going to continue with the income one, it means I get slightly more money! Haha, my parents aren't impressed that they have to fill out all the forms though. Oh well :smile: thanks again
If you continue with the application, it will give you a choice to apply on household income or just to apply not based on household income, basically in the summary bit half way through your application it should ask you, fingers crossed it will :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by studentfinanceguru
If you continue with the application, it will give you a choice to apply on household income or just to apply not based on household income, basically in the summary bit half way through your application it should ask you, fingers crossed it will :smile:

I'm up to the bit where your parents put in all their details and it hasn't asked me again :/ Anybody have a phone number I can ring to contact them? Found out from my parents that I have to apply for the non household income based one now and I can't find a phone number anywhere...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending