Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Cait..
Hi I'm at FB at the moment and have my lectures in the same buildings as engineering. I usually give myself about 25 mins to get there and that gives me plenty of time to meet up with friends, get settled etc but I've done it in 15 before.

Thank you very much, so its not too bad. Also, just wanted to ask how is Florence Boot like?, i should be going there this september hopefully. What kind of events have happened at FB?

Thanks.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 101
Original post by punn
Thank you very much, so its not too bad. Also, just wanted to ask how is Florence Boot like?, i should be going there this september hopefully. What kind of events have happened at FB?

Thanks.

Obviously as it's my hall I'd have to say GREAT! haha No but honestly it is one of the better ones. Being smaller is an advantage as you tend to know most people in your hall. Also it's not split up into blocks like most of the other halls so again you get to know people all over your hall instead of just the 10 or so people that live around you. In terms of events our JCR committee have been really good this year at organising pub quizzes, nights out for the halls (bus to venue, discount tickets etc), movie nights and more. Whatever hall you're in the events really depend on your committee that you vote in around October time.
I'm in Southwell on Jubilee. PM if you are too!

Oh Hi everyone, by the way!
Reply 103
Original post by fist of the south star
Hye gys, I've got an unconditional to study Maths at Notts and was wandering what my options are if I was looking for a room with ensuite and was also catered, on university park, gonna apply for accom tommorow. Quick replies would be great. Thanks.

not sure what its like in all hall but from those ive spoke to and the rooms in my hall, willoughby; the ensuite rooms are a lot smaller than the single study rooms. The room for the bathroom has basically been taken out of your room space, so i would only recommend them if you really didnt want to share a bathroom.

Its different in every hall, but on my corridor we share 3 toilets and 3 showers between about 15 girls, this doesnt sound a lot but so far ive never had to wait for a shower and the only time we wait for the toilet is after the annoying fire drills in the middle of the night

anyone need any advice ill tell you what i know :smile:
Reply 104
Original post by Rhianss
not sure what its like in all hall but from those ive spoke to and the rooms in my hall, willoughby; the ensuite rooms are a lot smaller than the single study rooms. The room for the bathroom has basically been taken out of your room space, so i would only recommend them if you really didnt want to share a bathroom.

Its different in every hall, but on my corridor we share 3 toilets and 3 showers between about 15 girls, this doesnt sound a lot but so far ive never had to wait for a shower and the only time we wait for the toilet is after the annoying fire drills in the middle of the night

anyone need any advice ill tell you what i know :smile:

Trying to apply for accomodation - the ensuite and large single studies are full!
Original post by aeneas745
Trying to apply for accomodation - the ensuite and large single studies are full!

Maybe try shared en-suite? :smile:

Don't be put off by single studies. I was lucky had 3 bathrooms/showers to share between 8 people. :O So essentially if was like I had a shared ensuite anyway. Its possibly even better cause they are less cluttered with toiletries cause everyone has a sink in their rooms. So I essentially got the same amount of bathrooms for a lot cheaper.

I don't know about other halls but I was in Lincoln and had 2 toilets and 2 showers on each floor. No one really used anybody else's floor facilities unless you REALLY needed a wee or something and on each floor there was about 6 people. So not too bad if you ask me. So is worrying about your own bathroom worth it (not really and even if you are the most picky/neat freak/OCD/fears of cleanliness person ever you get over it pretty quickly. They are cleaned by a cleaner every day after all. :wink: The bathrooms in other blocks in Lincoln were only just replaced when I lived there last year anyway. :wink:

This late in the application I think you can't afford to be picky to be honest. You'll get what you get. There is a guy in my year who didn't get a place because he applied too late. :P

Don't be put off by single studies. I was lucky had 3 bathrooms/showers to share between 8 people. :O So essentially if was like I had a shared ensuite anyway. Its possibly even better cause they are less cluttered with toiletries cause everyone has a sink in their rooms. So I essentially got the same amount of bathrooms for a lot cheaper.

I don't know about other halls but I was in Lincoln and had 2 toilets and 2 showers on each floor. No one really used anybody else's floor facilities unless you REALLY needed a wee or something and on each floor there was about 6 people. So not too bad if you ask me. So is worrying about your own bathroom worth it (not really and even if you are the most picky/neat freak/OCD/fears of cleanliness person ever you get over it pretty quickly. They are cleaned by a cleaner every day after all. :wink: The bathrooms in other blocks in Lincoln were only just replaced when I lived there last year anyway. :wink:

This late in the application I think you can't afford to be picky to be honest. You'll get what you get. There is a guy in my year who didn't get a place because he applied too late. :P

But if you aren't happy with your room. There are always drop outs. A lot of them. So if you aren't happy with your room you can always switch. There are any empty rooms. which they would only fill with exchange students anyway. so you might as well ask whether you could move.
Reply 108
All the ensuite rooms at broadgate park are gone, so I am going to put st peters court down, any idea of what it is like?
Reply 109
Hi guys, I got my accommodation last week and was given Ancaster. Just wondering does anyone know anyone who's lived there or is living there and knows what its like?

Also how long is the walk from Ancaster to the geography department?

Thanks
Reply 110
Original post by Cait..
Obviously as it's my hall I'd have to say GREAT! haha No but honestly it is one of the better ones. Being smaller is an advantage as you tend to know most people in your hall. Also it's not split up into blocks like most of the other halls so again you get to know people all over your hall instead of just the 10 or so people that live around you. In terms of events our JCR committee have been really good this year at organising pub quizzes, nights out for the halls (bus to venue, discount tickets etc), movie nights and more. Whatever hall you're in the events really depend on your committee that you vote in around October time.

Haha lool yh sounds good. I can't waaaitt to go FB, also how many toilets and showers r shared between people? are there a lot of queues to go toilet/shower? And are the toilets/showers mixed or are there separate toilets/shower rooms for boys and girls?

Thanks.
I'm putting Nottingham as my insurance. Is there anyway I can be guaranteed the accomodation that I want to be in?
Put Broadgate (non ensuite) as my first choice and Raleigh as my second. I'm quite fussy about what I eat so didn't put any of my choices as UP.
Reply 113
Original post by RastaMannn
I'm putting Nottingham as my insurance. Is there anyway I can be guaranteed the accomodation that I want to be in?

Nope, Nottingham has to be your first choice to secure a guaranteed accomadation at the campus.
Reply 114
Does anyone know whether other people are allowed to stay in your room. If for example my friend came to visit, would it be ok, for them to sleep in my room, or do they have to go for the visitor accommodation? Thanks :smile:
Reply 115
Original post by x-tina848
Does anyone know whether other people are allowed to stay in your room. If for example my friend came to visit, would it be ok, for them to sleep in my room, or do they have to go for the visitor accommodation? Thanks :smile:

yeah you can definitely have people stay over, everyone has friends stay over all the time.
Strictly, you are supposed to sign your friend in with security but i dont know anyone who has, so its no problem at all :smile:
Hi there:smile:
Is there anyone from neuroscience course living/planning to live in SPC ?
Starting my course in september and SPC's en suite seems most legit to me:smile:
Future neuroscientists, unite !
Reply 117
How do I apply for accommodation? Do I get sent a form?
Reply 118
Original post by stevie_94
All the ensuite rooms at broadgate park are gone, so I am going to put st peters court down, any idea of what it is like?

WHAT??????? How did you find out? **** my life for leaving things soo late.
Anybody give any advice on the best accommodation. relatively cheap too haha!

Quick Reply

Latest