The Student Room Group

What club do you hate and why?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam277
I had a conversation with my aston villa mate, he was just saying that liverpool were once a good team and all they do is talk about history, he doesn't even watch loads of football but he even said that.

Ah liverpool piss me off so much, what annoys me is that they're impervious to criticism, any criticism is basically a criminal act to them.

Like my friend got angry at muamba selling his story to the sun, he wasn't angry he sold the story (which I was) it was because he sold it to the sun, if it was the liverpool echo or the daily star, it would have been all cool, but he's a sellout for giving it to the sun according to his logic?

Oh, and they complain about everton being a small club and supporting teams that liverpool don't like, isn't that the exact same thing that happened when they were supporting city to win the league on the final day of the season, in fact it felt like liverpool won the league.

That's probably something to do with The Sun's reporting of Hillsborough. I've seen Liverpool crowds with banners saying "Don't Buy The Sun!"
Reply 61
Original post by Wilfred Little
That's probably something to do with The Sun's reporting of Hillsborough. I've seen Liverpool crowds with banners saying "Don't Buy The Sun!"

Yeah exactly, but tbf to liverpool the sun are cocks anyway. But damn I've never seen people this butthurt before.

The worst thing was the liverpool fans saying they somehow had a better season than united did, from challenging top 4 to being under everton but winning a cup for minnows is somehow better than not winning a trophy but being 2nd on goal difference.
Reply 62
Original post by andrew17
Funny how the only thing in Scottish football people talk about is Rangers' financial problems. Sums it up to be honest.

Oh my, if refs were fair? Talk me through how the refs cost you ANYTHING this season? You had the least amount of cards despite having three all out thugs in Wanyama, Kayal and Brown and you broke the world record for penalties last season (yet you still didn't win the league that year..) but you think the referees are against you?

The referees might be poor but they are certainly aren't biased

Probably because they are a major club. What of it?

Decisions consistently go against us. A couple of the worst occasions...

Ibrox, 3-2: Wanyama's red was wrong. He jumped for the ball, studs down, got the ball, end. Meanwhile, your nasty bastards did whatever they fancied.

Hampden, 2-1: The whole match. Hearts got every decision. We were denied two penalties and a blatant handball on the edge of the box. Ball played to hand and Hearts get a penalty with minutes to go.

Brown plays with passion. Yeah, he's rough, but you shouldn't be in the SPL if you can't handle competitive play.
Original post by jam277
Or even worse, they complain about the media being racist because he's south american :rolleyes:
The thing is, I supported suarez during the case, but he was found to be guilty, so why are they still complaining? They took the 8 match ban and didn't contest it, why are they still complaining? If it was so unfair they would have contested the ban.

Apparently the FA panel was biased, all evidence supporting Suarez was ignored and he was found guilty solely on Evra's word. These are the reasons that Suarez was found guilty apparently, nothing to do with him admitting it in his report or anything.
Man United, Chelsea and Madrid.
United plays boring football, they have arrogant fans who think United can compete with the best in Europe with it's current team, their players are divers and they have the help of referees. Also Ferguson doesn't get punished for any of his comments about refereeing, unlike other managers.
Chelsea play anti football, defense the whole time, they think they are actually the best in Europe (pfft) and they glorify people like Cech or Drogba who simply got lucky. Also, they have ***** in the team like Terry.
Madrid, because of Mourinho's arrogance, their inability to admit defeat as well as their constant pressure on referees in Spain. Also arrogance and self glorification of their players. And their brutal play, pepe, alonso etc.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 65
Original post by Bardamu
Probably because they are a major club. What of it?

Decisions consistently go against us. A couple of the worst occasions...

Ibrox, 3-2: Wanyama's red was wrong. He jumped for the ball, studs down, got the ball, end. Meanwhile, your nasty bastards did whatever they fancied.

Hampden, 2-1: The whole match. Hearts got every decision. We were denied two penalties and a blatant handball on the edge of the box. Ball played to hand and Hearts get a penalty with minutes to go.

Brown plays with passion. Yeah, he's rough, but you shouldn't be in the SPL if you can't handle competitive play.

He went in with two feet over the ball. Straight red.

Didn't watch that semi final so can't comment on if Hearts got every decision (I really doubt it though, they get away with nothing) but I have seen both the penalty incidents. Hearts definitely deserved their penalty - I think Ledley was the the first handball which would have been harsh but if you watch the replay the referee clearly gives the penalty for Wanyama's handball after it. He palms it down as if he's dribbling a basketball.

And the ball didn't even touch Webster's hand so obviously not a penalty at the other end.
Original post by jam277
Or even worse, they complain about the media being racist because he's south american :rolleyes:
The thing is, I supported suarez during the case, but he was found to be guilty, so why are they still complaining? They took the 8 match ban and didn't contest it, why are they still complaining? If it was so unfair they would have contested the ban.

I don't understand who is complaining?
I haven't complained? I'm a Liverpool supporter so I must count as 'they'. He said something racist, so he is guilty of saying a racist comment.

The majority of what people have said doesn't apply to any sensible Liverpool supporter.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 67
SFA conspiracy theories? Do enlighten me. We were quite right to think the signing ban was ridiculous because the Courts agreed with us.

Well that's nothing to do with the Rangers then, you must just live in an utter dump

Well hopefully the Celtic fans will agree with me here in saying that at least we've seen our teams win something unlike whatever non-entity you follow

As much as I hate Celtic I respect them for their achievements. The rest of Scottish football is pathetic.

It wasn't ridiculous. It was the fairest way to counteract the unfair advantage the club took.

Do you stop being a Rangers man when you step out of Ibrox like?

I can't help but agree. The Old Firm rivalry has a legitimate grounding. Everyone else hates the Old Firm because they're ****e.
Original post by So Instinct
I haven't complained? I'm a Liverpool supporter so I must count as 'they'. He said something racist, so he is guilty.

The majority of what people have said doesn't apply to any sensible Liverpool supporter.

Every liverpool supporter I know IRL, bar one, still tries to claim that Suarez is innocent and was done by a biased FA panel.

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 69
Original post by Albert123456
Man United, Chelsea and Madrid.
United plays boring football, they have arrogant fans who think United can compete with the best in Europe with it's current team, their players are divers and they have the help of referees. Also Ferguson doesn't get punished for any of his comments about refereeing, unlike other managers.
Chelsea play anti football, defense the whole time, they think they are actually the best in Europe (pfft) and they glorify people like Cech or Drogba who simply got lucky. Also, they have ***** in the team like Terry.
Madrid, because of Mourinho's arrogance, their inability to admit defeat as well as their constant pressure on referees in Spain. Also arrogance and self glorification of their players. And their brutal play, pepe, alonso etc.

LOL at all your points.
Mourinho has never gone a full season with a team trophyless.
United don't play boring football, their counter attacking football is one of the best in the world. It's only during crunch time where they go for the 1-0 score a goal early and leave it till the end of the match which isn't as often as you think.
Cech and drogba got lucky, Cech is one of the best keepers in the world, drogba has the record of a goal a game in cup finals and is wembleys top goal scorer, shut the **** up.

Original post by So Instinct
I haven't complained? I'm a Liverpool supporter so I must count as 'they'. He said something racist, so he is guilty of saying a racist comment.

Well then there aren't many sensible liverpool supporters then mate. I probably know one person who doesn't abuse evra who supports liverpool. The rest are just biased *****.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 70
SFA conspiracy theories? Do enlighten me. We were quite right to think the signing ban was ridiculous because the Courts agreed with us.

Well that's nothing to do with the Rangers then, you must just live in an utter dump

Well hopefully the Celtic fans will agree with me here in saying that at least we've seen our teams win something unlike whatever non-entity you follow

As much as I hate Celtic I respect them for their achievements. The rest of Scottish football is pathetic.

That's Old Firm fans all over; we are better than all of you because we win the title every year. You're all glory hunting bastards and you're right; Scottish football is a joke and it's because of the Old Firm.
If they went to England the league would be much more competitive and exciting. Yes there would be no money in it and the quality of the football would be ****e, but at least there would be some competition in the SPL.
Reply 71
Leeds. I'm a Reading fan but grew up in North Yorkshire, surrounded by Leeds fans. For these reason; the seem to think they are still a top flight team and clutch onto the memories of the past. They've only got one chant and they sound like a bunch of monkeys. The way they play football can't really be described as such. They spend more time watching Man Utd so they can rip into them when they get beaten, purely because their own team is that **** they've got nowt to celebrate themselves.

In fact, the only one thing positive I could say about them is that they probably have the best away fans in any league; fair play for such a dire team.
Reply 72
Original post by Bardamu
It wasn't ridiculous. It was the fairest way to counteract the unfair advantage the club took.

Do you stop being a Rangers man when you step out of Ibrox like?

I can't help but agree. The Old Firm rivalry has a legitimate grounding. Everyone else hates the Old Firm because they're ****e.

The Court seemed to take a different view.

Of course not, but you stop representing the club. If some Rangers supporting idiot wants to voice their support of the UVF at home then that's not the club's problem. If they do it at Ibrox then it is, and I, and most other fans, would be having a word.

The fact we can sit here and have this argument sums it up - I just laugh at other team's fans. Particularly Hearts and Motherwell who seem to think qualifiers mean Europe. And Aberdeen fans who think we care about them.

Original post by NR09
That's Old Firm fans all over; we are better than all of you because we win the title every year. You're all glory hunting bastards and you're right; Scottish football is a joke and it's because of the Old Firm.
If they went to England the league would be much more competitive and exciting. Yes there would be no money in it and the quality of the football would be ****e, but at least there would be some competition in the SPL.

Haha. Crawl back in to your corner. Who do you support, St Mirren or someone like that?

Glory hunting bastards? The closest stadium to where I was born is Ibrox, how do you explain that? And winning the SPL is hardly glory.

If the Old Firm did move to England, I reckon Hearts and Motherwell would probably just start to dominate.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 73
Bull.

I was there. They got everything. From where I was sitting (not my armchair), the ref gave it for Ledley's. It was inconsistent, how lenient/harsh he was.

No, penalties for fouls in the box. Ki was brought down, from behind, with only the keeper to beat. The dirty bastard didn't even touch the ball.

Hearts' handball was just outside the box. It was a punch/slap above head height.
Reply 74
I don't hate any club; all teams will have some decent fans and some ****ers.

I've lost some respect for Liverpool recently and have enjoyed going to Goodison Park more than Anfield. Still don't hate them, mind.
Reply 75
Man U, the fans are arrogant, the players are arrogant, the manager is arrogant and they're sore losers.

For example Evra : 'We gave City the title'

:sigh:

Not to forget their overrated mediocre players, they're boring 'football' and the fact that 2/3's of their fans are not from Manchester and have never been to Manchester let alone Old Trafford.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 76
Original post by Bardamu
Bull.

I was there. They got everything. From where I was sitting (not my armchair), the ref gave it for Ledley's. It was inconsistent, how lenient/harsh he was.

No, penalties for fouls in the box. Ki was brought down, from behind, with only the keeper to beat. The dirty bastard didn't even touch the ball.

Hearts' handball was just outside the box. It was a punch/slap above head height.

It was clearly given for Wanyama. The referee points to the spot then points at Wanyama. Anyway, Ledley's was arguably worth a penalty anyway, he had no reason to have his arm in that position.

That was a blatant dive from Ki. He may not have touched the ball but he didn't touch the player either!

Can't argue with the third point as I'm not aware of the incident. Not taking your word for it though :wink:
Reply 77
Original post by Royale
Man U, the fans are arrogant, the players are arrogant, the manager is arrogant and they're sore losers.

For example Evra : 'We gave City the title'

:sigh:

Well they were 8 points clear with only a few games to go, of course they gave city the title. It almost happened last season too but unluckily they beat us.
Original post by DaveSmith99
Every liverpool supporter I know IRL, bar one, still tries to claim that Suarez is innocent and was done by a biased FA panel.

I supported him before he actually admitted saying it. Most supporters probably did.
I think many people thought that there wasn't substantial evidence for both parties so to take a side wasn't fair. Everyone is allowed an opinion that's not a reason to hate a club.
I think people only support him because on the pitch he is the only promising thing we have bar our defense. So he is looked at as a savior in hard times, just not a particularity clever one. We don't endorse what he is done but we want to support him because he is our only spark, just makes us look bad I guess.

In all honesty I will say we have a lot of immature supporters who are not particularity down to earth which sheds a bad light on the club. But everyone talks about them as if they are the majority.
That's the only irritating thing I find when people generalize a whole club by the actions of the supporters we could really do without.

I feel that the only thing the really applies to myself and most of the sensible bunch on the LFC thread is maybe Living in the past although I think it's a wrong phrase. I like to go back and watch the 07/08 season and Istanbul mainly because of nostalgia and remembering how good we were. It's not everyday we show so much consistent dominance and have exciting matches.
We want our club to go back to what it was in 07/08, I wouldn't say were living in the past although a lot of supporters do mention our history way too much.
Maybe one other thing is Naivety in the idea that we think were still a massive club with pulling power when evidently were not. That's something I'm guilty of earlier this season when we were still in for 4th place.

Apart from that I would disagree with most things said. I tend to ignore ignorant supporters who aren't down to earth for example I tend not to bother with someone who says Chelsea were the better team against Barcelona or Bayern Munich, but I don't hold that against all of their supporters. I actually still went to watch the trophy parade.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 79
QPR. :facepalm2:

Sadly we're stuck with them in the PL for the long term now until they overstretch themselves and it all goes tits up.

Quick Reply