The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
not alot of written work needs to be done ask your assesor to ask you questions rather than you writing
Reply 2
Hi I saw your email I would like to help you if I can. I know quite a bit about NVQs and I am a qualified teacher. Email me if you wish to contact me.
Reply 3
Originally posted by Unregistered
Hi I saw your email I would like to help you if I can. I know quite a bit about NVQs and I am a qualified teacher. Email me if you wish to contact me.

hi, i have also seen your message, like the original poster, have just started NVQ2, totally confused by the way units are layed out and what the assessor is wanting. Have worked in the community for 4yrs and have been working for a nursing agency for the last 5yrs.
Please can explain the PC's, ranges, etc in simple
laymans terms !
any help would be very much appreciated
regards
"Bigmac "
Reply 4
big mac
okay the range and pcs are basically what you have got to prove you can do
when you are assessed you should get an assessment sheet
on this there will be ticks under numbers, the numbers relate to the pcs and the assessor should write on there which pcs you have covered it looks really hard to understand but once you have got it you will be fine:wink:
its the logging thats the hard part
Can you do that?
i have just handed my last unit in thank god!!!!!
Reply 5
A great website for help with all NVQ's in Care is:
nvqweb.com it is a valuable source of information.
Reply 6
An NVQ should be candidate-led ie the candidate dictates the pace and structure of the award with agreement with their assessors. Evidence can be gathered in a number of different ways - by direct observation - the most important way as this is how you are judged to be competent; you can write self-reflective reports about your day to day practice in the workplace; you can get other people to write witness testimonies and your assessor can ask you questions. You could take a look at the knowledge specification sheets and treat those as questions (some are quite hard) and this can be done in your own time when you are feeling a little bored! It is wrong to assume that your assessor will do your NVQ for you as this is your qualification and you should take great pride in achieving this - well done for being interested - the more you do NVQ the easier it becomes.
Reply 7
Unregistered

Can you help me then please. I work nights in an autistc school and was told that i could learn to do my NVQ 2, and the LDAF but now i work for them they are saying i cant because i work nights.
I left quiet a good job to work for this company because of what they offered.
Reply 8
Unregistered
hi, i have also seen your message, like the original poster, have just started NVQ2, totally confused by the way units are layed out and what the assessor is wanting. Have worked in the community for 4yrs and have been working for a nursing agency for the last 5yrs.
Please can explain the PC's, ranges, etc in simple
laymans terms !
any help would be very much appreciated
regards
"Bigmac "

:mad: :confused:
hi could you help me i have been giving some question on nc13 could you help me
Reply 9
hi i have just started the nvq 2 and i am getting a bit lost could any one out there help with some advice
Reply 10
Dom
HI, I HAVE JUST STARTED THE NVQ 2 IN CARE, I AM A BIT LOST BECAUSE I HAVE NOT DONE ANY WRIITEN WORK
IN QUITE A WHILE. COULD SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME IN EITHER TELLING ME WHAT I SHOULD BE DOING OR GIVE
ME WEB SITES THAT COULD POSSIBLE HELP ME.

if you have had the intro ( if your in the field of care) read both CL1 and CL2, these look at the communication and the relate to other people/client, these two have something to say but we need to keep both units close, try not to lose sight of one giving the other more attention, so read them b4 u get back to the 2nd nvq lesson.
look at the objectives, the obvious is often is confusing. read them and try to (as if) you r working note that u r using more than one tool to bring about success in your field of work ,simutaneously u can do 2 things in one moment (ie) communicate by making an individual feel unique and on the other hand your delivering care at its best maintaining just what this first unit is about, got my drift?
good luck.
Reply 11
magpie
if you have had the intro ( if your in the field of care) read both CL1 and CL2, these look at the communication and the relate to other people/client, these two have something to say but we need to keep both units close, try not to lose sight of one giving the other more attention, so read them b4 u get back to the 2nd nvq lesson.
look at the objectives, the obvious is often is confusing. read them and try to (as if) you r working note that u r using more than one tool to bring about success in your field of work ,simutaneously u can do 2 things in one moment (ie) communicate by making an individual feel unique and on the other hand your delivering care at its best maintaining just what this first unit is about, got my drift?
good luck.

You do realise this is thread is nearly two years old!
Reply 13
Unregistered

Hi, I am 46 years old and have worked in a nursing home for about five years, I am seriously thinking about doing the NVQ2 in caring. Do you think i am too old, is it worth it??
Reply 14
SuW
Hi, I am 46 years old and have worked in a nursing home for about five years, I am seriously thinking about doing the NVQ2 in caring. Do you think i am too old, is it worth it??

Hi

I have been working in care for only 11 months. I am just completing my NVQ started in November. I am 47 years of age and have not studied for 30 years. I have found it very interesting and helpful. Go for it.
Reply 15
jaki
Can you help me then please. I work nights in an autistc school and was told that i could learn to do my NVQ 2, and the LDAF but now i work for them they are saying i cant because i work nights.

Hi Jaki

There should be no reason for you to come off nights unless there are no NVQ assessors working nights. Ask around the other wards to see if one is working the same shifts as yours. Alternatively, get an assessor and meet him/her during you days off.
Reply 16
SuW

Hi SuW

I am now into my first year of nurse training after completing my NVQ 3.

I am 41 now and wish I had done it years ago. You're never too old, go for it.
Reply 17
gp012b8797
Hi

I have been working in care for only 11 months. I am just completing my NVQ started in November. I am 47 years of age and have not studied for 30 years. I have found it very interesting and helpful. Go for it.

Hi im 35 and just finished my NVQ, a work college of mine is 60 and just started her NVQ so its never too late
Reply 18
jaki

new rules and regulations state tht all carers within the health care settings must have relevent training qualifications. these are not just optional but madatory. please contact relevent awarding body for your area to gain details. hope this helps
Reply 19
swingy
Hi Jaki

There should be no reason for you to come off nights unless there are no NVQ assessors working nights. Ask around the other wards to see if one is working the same shifts as yours. Alternatively, get an assessor and meet him/her during you days off.

all assessors should work towards candidates not other way round. assessors should be calling on candidates no matter there shifts. so start asking for there guidance

Latest

Trending

Trending