The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Jolen isn't really hair thinning it's hair bleaching. Veet do hair minimising cream which is alright but I don't think it makes a difference. When I tried to wax my bikini line myself I actually bled a bit and it was rubbish!

I have yet to find the time to let my hair grow long enough there to get it waxed but one day, hopefully before my holiday in Sept, i'll do it. I have my legs waxed and that's OK so hopefully I'm a bit used to it now.
PinkPigeon
Doesn't it hurt...a lot? I've wanted it done but I'm too much of a chicken! Be a nice surprise for my boyfriend if I did though...*thinks*

yeah that what i think... hmm but with me, regrowth is always sooo painful. I'm not going to see my boyf for about a month soon tho. it would be a nice surprise for him if i got it done for when i see him again.

i'm not sure if i want a Brazilian tho. it can look a bit tacky. do salons do an 'in between'? cos i want more than just a top of thigh job...
Reply 42
my sister is a beauty therapist and she normally does mine. The only problem with waxing is ingrowing hairs though, so try and exfoliate as much as you can.

It might be best to use Veet (for sensitive skin) first, to get rid of most of the hair and then as the hair is growing back thinner do the wax then.

Dont worry they see minges all the time! :smile:
Reply 43
one word: 'ouch'
Reply 44
Adarah
one word: 'ouch'

lol
um... this may sound naive, but how far back do they wax if you are having it ''all off''?... do they actually go as far back as your bum crack if they have to?
Reply 46
girlpants
lol

hehehe, I keep it nice and short, but I'm not doing the full thing, hurts too much. I don't mind if others have it done, but I'm not willing to go through all the pain for a few weeks of no hair there and then to have ingrown hairs and all that. If I ever have a bf who even suggests it I'll suggest him getting his balls waxed at the same time - then it will never be a subject of discussion again and we can forget about the whole thing. :p:
Sophdoph
Jolen isn't really hair thinning it's hair bleaching. Veet do hair minimising cream which is alright but I don't think it makes a difference. When I tried to wax my bikini line myself I actually bled a bit and it was rubbish!

I have yet to find the time to let my hair grow long enough there to get it waxed but one day, hopefully before my holiday in Sept, i'll do it. I have my legs waxed and that's OK so hopefully I'm a bit used to it now.

The jolen one I've got is called "shave minimising moisture lotion".... makes the hairs grow back thinner and lighter so you don't have to shave/wax as often (supposedly).