The Student Room Group

Buckingham Palace interview experiences

Hiya,

I just find out I've been invited for an interview at Buckingham Palace for a position as a Warden with the summer opening team. Since I'll be flying in from Sweden I've no idea of what to expect at the interview because I don't know how much English interview ethics differ from the Swedish ones. Has anyone been to an interview for this position before? The woman I'm supposed to be having the interview with is Nicola Peatfield.
Also, has anyone done the job before? It seems like such fun which obviously is why I applied.

Looking forward to your replies :smile:

/Jasmine
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

DG
(edited 10 years ago)
Thank you! I will :smile:
Reply 3
Me too (Warden role) :smile:
//
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by *mMmMm*
How did it go guys? :smile:

x m

I haven't had the interview yet!

It's on Monday :smile:

Do you have an interview too?
Original post by Jakko247
I haven't had the interview yet!

It's on Monday :smile:

Do you have an interview too?

Oh thanks. Wow very close to my one :smile: good luck. For warden right?

x m
Reply 7
Hi guys, didnt see this thread before (cause didnt have to) but now got my interview tomorrow i.e wed afternoon. anyone of you guys got the same day? sort of too late to post, but thought was worth a shot!
hope u guys had a good one and hope to see u guys in the summer. (provided all of us get thru)
cheers
Reply 8
Original post by JasmineIsaksson
Hiya,

I just find out I've been invited for an interview at Buckingham Palace for a position as a Warden with the summer opening team. Since I'll be flying in from Sweden I've no idea of what to expect at the interview because I don't know how much English interview ethics differ from the Swedish ones. Has anyone been to an interview for this position before? The woman I'm supposed to be having the interview with is Nicola Peatfield.
Also, has anyone done the job before? It seems like such fun which obviously is why I applied.

Looking forward to your replies :smile:

/Jasmine

Me too (Warden role) :smile:

Original post by 0bravo7
Hi guys, didnt see this thread before (cause didnt have to) but now got my interview tomorrow i.e wed afternoon. anyone of you guys got the same day? sort of too late to post, but thought was worth a shot!
hope u guys had a good one and hope to see u guys in the summer. (provided all of us get thru)
cheers

Hey me too! :biggrin:

I hope your interviews all go well, let us know.
Reply 9
Original post by 0bravo7
cheers

What role have you applied for?
Reply 10
Original post by 0bravo7

Original post by 0bravo7
cheers

heyyy! ive got an interview next wednesday! how did yours go? can you tell me abit about it and what position you applied for?
Thanks!
Original post by malshi
heyyy! ive got an interview next wednesday! how did yours go? can you tell me abit about it and what position you applied for?
Thanks!

Original post by 0bravo7
cheers

How did your interviews go? :biggrin:

Any idea how likely you are to get the job?
What role have you applied for?

Did you guys hear back from them? :|
(edited 13 years ago)
(edited 10 years ago)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by *mMmMm*
Did you guys hear back from them? :|

I've not heard back yet :smile:

My interview was on the 28th February - my birthday! haha!
(edited 13 years ago)
I think they send an email...I had my interview last month too. Still not heard. Has anyone else yet?:confused:
Reply 18
Original post by lisasanders
I think they send an email...I had my interview last month too. Still not heard. Has anyone else yet?:confused:

I had an interview on the 28th Feb! Still haven't heard either !
I hope so...I want to know what I'm doing this summer. I'm slightly wooried to be honest. I don't think I got it. I asked one of my nominated referees if they had been in contact and they hadn't heard from BP. :frown:

Quick Reply