The Student Room Group

Made in Chelsea

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
These people need to be executed. Gutter scum people.
Reply 181
Original post by emmanottinghil
No, the reverse! I was thinking that if you are genuinely posh, how can you be like the MIC crowd? As i've said before, i think there's a large slice of pretense in the show. One or two are kind of genuinely posh though. It's odd, as they are being forced to come down a notch whilst the others are striving uphill.

Well, I wouldn't class myself a 'posh', but I guess it depends on your definition of it.

And I would agree about the pretense.
Reply 182
Sigh. It's a habit i picked up in Wikipedia. I will try to do better.

Well we are part of the Royal Borough of K & C, so who says we're not in Chelsea. :smile: Personally i don't mind not being associated though, as i think we're better.

Sorry I sounded butthurt but yeah thanks. Personally I think Made in Chelsea should include people from the infamous worlds end estate.
Hugo = snake.
Original post by Moonkin
Sorry I sounded butthurt but yeah thanks. Personally I think Made in Chelsea should include people from the infamous worlds end estate.

LOL. In my part of NH, we're happy to be not too closely associated. :smile:
Original post by SpecialApple
Hugo = snake.

Awh I like him... The whole Millie/Rosie thing isn't great though...
I think he's the kind of bloke you have to watch, lulls you into a sense of kindness and then you realise he's just as bad as the others. so yeah, maybe you're right - snake....but I'd still go for him :colondollar:
Original post by fredscarecrow
I think he's the kind of bloke you have to watch, lulls you into a sense of kindness and then you realise he's just as bad as the others. so yeah, maybe you're right - snake....but I'd still go for him :colondollar:

I feel a bit put out with Hugo - he did seem nicer than the others. But there is something about him.
I feel a bit put out with Hugo - he did seem nicer than the others. But there is something about him.

I think it's his smile. Plus he was so angry at Spencer for his Caggie/Funda thing that he seemed decent...
Original post by fredscarecrow

Oh yeah I'm totally with you, Millie/Rosie thing is bad, but I would sooo go there :sexface:
Just finished watching ep. 4 on 4OD, thought were would be no show on Monday as there was no Glee.... anyway:

Caggie = Gorgeous. Millie = Gorgeous. Rosie = annoying dimwit (could've punched her in the face about how she acted when she was interviewed by the dog trainer in the last ep.). Cheska = all hair, no brain. Terrible eyebrows. Funda = exotic dancer. Says it all. Amazing body though. Agne = Ugly, dumb Eastern European s**t. Long pointy nose, not even pretty. Rebecca = Please don't give her any more air time. Spencer = most sympathetic and natural dude on the show. Hugo = like him for driving an S-class, very stylish. Kinda sleazy though. Francis = I like his glasses, am gonna get those. Ollie = Come on, like anyone thought he'd be straight in ep. 1.

TBC.
Hahaha oh god I'm only 13 minutes and 42 seconds into episode one and how hilarious. SO STILTED AND AWKWARD! 'Har har you're not a lesbian no Topshop no high street HAR HAR!' this is gold.

Gotta say though (I've read through this thread first so I know what good stuff to look out for) they do sound and seem genuinely posh to me so far, although probably only because we don't have people anywhere near that at home, and I get intimidated as soon as I get off the tube at South Kensington anyway :tongue:

Also one of them keeps doing a weird wide-eyed head roll while saying really banal things, it's like Jennifer Saunders pretending to be Angela from American Beauty.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism
Hahaha oh god I'm only 13 minutes and 42 seconds into episode one and how hilarious. SO STILTED AND AWKWARD! 'Har har you're not a lesbian no Topshop no high street HAR HAR!' this is gold.

Gotta say though (I've read through this thread first so I know what good stuff to look out for) they do sound and seem genuinely posh to me so far, although probably only because we don't have people anywhere near that at home, and I get intimidated as soon as I get off the tube at South Kensington anyway :tongue:

Also one of them keeps doing a weird wide-eyed head roll while saying really banal things, it's like Jennifer Saunders pretending to be Angela from American Beauty.

I think the question of how posh they sound will vary according to one's own accent, familiarity and location, background, etc. They probably sound amazingly posh to some people. To people familiar with the sort of general world they are supposed to inhabit, some sound very put-on and actually not putting it on terribly well.
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Just finished watching ep. 4 on 4OD, thought were would be no show on Monday as there was no Glee.... anyway:

Caggie = Gorgeous. Millie = Gorgeous. Rosie = annoying dimwit (could've punched her in the face about how she acted when she was interviewed by the dog trainer in the last ep.). Cheska = all hair, no brain. Terrible eyebrows. Funda = exotic dancer. Says it all. Amazing body though. Agne = Ugly, dumb Eastern European s**t. Long pointy nose, not even pretty. Rebecca = Please don't give her any more air time. Spencer = most sympathetic and natural dude on the show. Hugo = like him for driving an S-class, very stylish. Kinda sleazy though. Francis = I like his glasses, am gonna get those. Ollie = Come on, like anyone thought he'd be straight in ep. 1.

TBC.

I'm starting to like Funda and feel that she will become more than she currently is based on her silly lines and utter lack of understanding of what she is taking part in. Hugo is quite a good mix of sleazy bad boy and good looking "almost nice at times".
I'm starting to like Funda and feel that she will become more than she currently is based on her silly lines and utter lack of understanding of what she is taking part in. Hugo is quite a good mix of sleazy bad boy and good looking "almost nice at times".

I liked how Funda approached Caggie in the last episode - very direct, quite aggressive... but then we will never know what she does for the camera and what is the real she. I'm just biased towards her as I don't like any other hair color than blonde :wink: Hugo handled the date with Millie nicely, even though I had to laugh how he was 'dancing around' shortly before kissing her; did any one else feel that way?
I think the question of how posh they sound will vary according to one's own accent, familiarity and location, background, etc. They probably sound amazingly posh to some people. To people familiar with the sort of general world they are supposed to inhabit, some sound very put-on and actually not putting it on terribly well.

Yeah I'm from Manchester, and London accents to me generally just fall into the not-posh (cockney, estuary, some southern ones) and the posh (literally all the others).

Can I ask which people sound the most put on, and are there any particular things that sound fake? Like the vowels, or stress, or whatever? It's interesting :redface:
Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism
Yeah I'm from Manchester, and London accents to me generally just fall into the not-posh (cockney, estuary, some southern ones) and the posh (literally all the others).

Can I ask which people sound the most put on, and are there any particular things that sound fake? Like the vowels, or stress, or whatever? It's interesting :redface:

:smile: I will probably just earn more neg-rep as i did above if i even dare to venture into the territory of who specifically is faking posh.
Gabriellas' oddly elongated face creeps me out... Cheska has it too, it's the 'Sarah Jessica parker' look

also, Hugo's trying to be such a player
:smile: I will probably just earn more neg-rep as i did above if i even dare to venture into the territory of who specifically is faking posh.

Oh ok fair enough. Is there any chance you could message me then please? Sorry! It's just really interesting, and with any luck I might be able to squeeze a dissertation out of it next year. :colondollar:
Reply 198
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Gabriellas' oddly elongated face creeps me out... Cheska has it too, it's the 'Sarah Jessica parker' look

also, Hugo's trying to be such a player

lol gabriella has crocodile teeth, when she grins she looks like the grinch.
Original post by Rozzo89

Original post by Rozzo89
lol gabriella has crocodile teeth, when she grins she looks like the grinch.

Her smiles so weird... she shows like all of her top and bottom teeth?!

and now i'm trying to smile with both top and bottom teeth..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending