The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy in 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by keh93
I got an offer from liverpool! Conditional BCC :biggrin: x

ahh! you might be with meee haha! :biggrin: xx
Reply 41
I was in the same position last year, had interviews and offers from Cardiff, York, Coventry & Northampton.. so if you need to know anything then I might be able to help :smile: x
Reply 42
Original post by heledd-x
I was in the same position last year, had interviews and offers from Cardiff, York, Coventry & Northampton.. so if you need to know anything then I might be able to help :smile: x

Which one did you end up going to?
How long did it take for interviews to be offered?

I've applied to Coventry and the wait is driving me mad!!!!

Reply 43
I'm going to Cardiff next September, they've deferred my entry a year because of personal reasons :smile:
When did you send your application?
I can't remember exactly but I think I had my interview at Coventry at the beginning of December.. so I probably heard from them November time. I did send my application off in September though. The wait is horrible I know, I had to wait until Jan/Feb to hear anything from Cardiff, it was horrible!
Reply 44
I'm going to Cardiff next September, they've deferred my entry a year because of personal reasons :smile:
When did you send your application?
I can't remember exactly but I think I had my interview at Coventry at the beginning of December.. so I probably heard from them November time. I did send my application off in September though. The wait is horrible I know, I had to wait until Jan/Feb to hear anything from Cardiff, it was horrible!

My application only went off beg of Nov.....so I shouldn't really complain too much!!

How much experience did you have BTW.......just so I can see if I have any chance or not!
Reply 45
Yeah don't worry about it..
I had a week shadowing OTs in my local hospital, that's it. Some people probably had less though.. they do understand that it can be hard to get first hand experience!
Reply 46
Hellooo! I've applied to study occupational therapy at Salford, Sheffield hallam, York St Johns, Liverpool and Derby. Liverpool rejected me last week, I'm not entirely sure why but hey ho! I have an interview at York and was wondering whether anyone could give me some advice on what to expect at the interview? It'd be much appreciated as I'm soooo nervous!
Thanks a lot,
Sasha :smile: x
Reply 47
I have got an interview at YSJ :biggrin: so happy!
Reply 48
ohh and I got rejected by liverpool aswell! Not enough experience which is complete crap. ohwell.
Reply 49
Yeah don't worry about it..
I had a week shadowing OTs in my local hospital, that's it. Some people probably had less though.. they do understand that it can be hard to get first hand experience!

Thanks....fingers crossed I'll be ok:smile:
Reply 50

hey what happened at the york intervieww
Reply 51
OMG....just got an interview for Coventry.....YAY :smile:
Reply 52
I got rejected by Liverpool straight away and they never gave me a proper reason! :/
From what I can remember, at York a group of us were taken into a little room (no more than 10 of us) and we sat in a circle with two women interviewing us.. basically we just had to go around the circle having abit of a discussion and answering a few questions about OT like what qualities you need to be an OT, why you want to study at York, what experience you've had.. things like that. And that's it! Oh and they gave us a chance at the end to add anything we'd forgotten to say :smile: x
Reply 53
Original post by sarahp

Original post by sarahp
OMG....just got an interview for Coventry.....YAY :smile:

Well done :smile: I loved the Coventry interview! and the uni is really nice :smile:
Reply 54

Hi - new to the site but hope someone can help me - I have an interview in a couple of weeks at Northampton - seems there is to be a group activity - is there anyone who can advise what sort of thing may be?
Also what to wear? Would black trousers be ok with a shirt/jumper?
Ive applied to Brunel, Northampton, Southampton, Canterbury & Bournemouth
hope to hear soon
Reply 55
Yeah the main bit is when you're split into groups and are taken into a little room. You sit around a table and I think there was a couple of women interviewing us. They ask a few questions and you just have to have a discussion about them.. can't remember what questions exactly but something along the lines of what OT is about generally, what experience you've had of it.. things like that :smile:
I wore black trousers to all of my interviews but there were some people there dressed really casual in like jeans and stuff!
Reply 56
Well done :smile: I loved the Coventry interview! and the uni is really nice :smile:

Thanks...I'm so excited!:biggrin:

I've heard that the interview is a group one, is that it or do you have to do anything else?
Reply 57
ahh nt replied to this post in a while haha!
well done to everyone who has interviews/offers and stuff!

i cant believe how far away it all is though :/ and because im not at college or anything its gonna be realllly slow for me! hows everyone doing? :smile: xx
Reply 58
Yeah you're split into little groups and you sit in a circle on beanbags :smile: then you've got a couple of activities to do together... there's a writing bit at the end which is good because you get to write down your experience and stuff like that :smile: x
Reply 59
Yeah you're split into little groups and you sit in a circle on beanbags :smile: then you've got a couple of activities to do together... there's a writing bit at the end which is good because you get to write down your experience and stuff like that :smile: x

Cool ..thanks:smile:

God, if I sit down on a bean bag at my age i may never get up!! lol
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest