The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

How many applicants from each school are allowed to be accepted, because a lot of people from my school have applied?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 61
Original post by einstein123
How many applicants from each school are allowed to be accepted, because a lot of people from my school have applied?

I've not heard of any kind of limit. If you meet two criteria then you're most likely going to be accepted! :smile:
Original post by StitchMad

I've not heard of any kind of limit. If you meet two criteria then you're most likely going to be accepted! :smile:

I meet like 3 criteria, ithink.
Reply 63

This sounds promising. I only meet 2 of the criteria while many friends that have also applied meet 3 or more.
Reply 64
I still haven't received my confirmation letter :/ I sent my application a week and a half ago and the deadline is today. Should I call them/ e-mail them seeing as I haven't heard a reply yet?
Reply 65
Original post by Ash10
I still haven't received my confirmation letter :/ I sent my application a week and a half ago and the deadline is today. Should I call them/ e-mail them seeing as I haven't heard a reply yet?

The A2L department is closed over Christmas. I don't think you'd get a reply until Christmas is over.
Reply 66
I just got my offers... AAB and BBB for economics and politics! They were both on the same UCAS conditional offer link
Sent mine in about mid-Novemeber. I didn't get a confirmation from A2L department...
Reply 67
no because i'm not a dumbass
Reply 68
Original post by Beast1
I just got my offers... AAB and BBB for economics and politics! They were both on the same UCAS conditional offer link
Sent mine in about mid-Novemeber. I didn't get a confirmation from A2L department...

Thank you :smile: That's when I applied as well - there is still hope. :tongue: Congratulations on you offer :smile:
Reply 69
Got confirmation from the A2L dept today. :smile: Still no offer, is Leeds one of them unis that leaves joint honours offers until late?
Reply 70
Original post by Andy16
no because i'm not a dumbass

Irony is most people on this thread are probably smarter then you.
Reply 71
O.O
Reply 72
Ok so I got my offer from Leeds in like the 3rd week of Nov and have been accepted on to A2L.
Do I have to firm Leeds first to get the A2L offer? and does the offer always go down by 40 Ucas points or is it up to 40 Ucas points?
Original post by POWW!
Ok so I got my offer from Leeds in like the 3rd week of Nov and have been accepted on to A2L.
Do I have to firm Leeds first to get the A2L offer? and does the offer always go down by 40 Ucas points or is it up to 40 Ucas points?

Congrats! Leeds has to be your firm to get the A2L offer, if it's your insurance you'll have to get the standard offer :smile:
And yeah it's always 40 points as far as I've ever heard, good luck!
I applied for A2L and sent the A2L form offer around xmas, a few days after I sent my UCAS form (to study Physics).

Before sending it I rang Leeds Uni to ask if they needed my UCAS form..it had my other choices on it and I thought if they saw this it could negatively impact my application maybe?
They said they only need it if I'm only applying to local Unis (which I'm not) so I didn't attach my UCAS form to my A2L form.

Now I'm wondering how they are going to see my personal statement, qualifications, A Level grades, etc.! What should I do?
Reply 75
Original post by Preetinder
Congrats! Leeds has to be your firm to get the A2L offer, if it's your insurance you'll have to get the standard offer :smile:
And yeah it's always 40 points as far as I've ever heard, good luck!

Thanks for replying! I was wondering if I had to firm it first, like
I firm it first and then I receive the offer on track
or
The offer comes on track and then I firm it?
Reply 76
Try n phone them up and ask if they've received your application then ask if there's anything missing and if you should send it again. When I phoned to ask about it, the lady on the phone was really really nice and checked everything for me. Good luck!
Original post by POWW!
Try n phone them up and ask if they've received your application then ask if there's anything missing and if you should send it again. When I phoned to ask about it, the lady on the phone was really really nice and checked everything for me. Good luck!

Thank you! :smile:
I rang them up, it was an answer machine, left the most retarded message ever (hate answer machines)! :P But atleast I won't have to worry about it now, just have to be patient for a phonecall back, so thanks for the advice :smile:
Original post by POWW!
Thanks for replying! I was wondering if I had to firm it first, like
I firm it first and then I receive the offer on track
or
The offer comes on track and then I firm it?

I think since you've definitely got an A2L offer, you can firm Leeds Uni now, but I'm not too sure, sorry :s-smilie:

On another note, what course have you applied for?:smile:
Original post by POWW!

Original post by POWW!

Emma watson still looks good in that pic.

Latest