The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Coventry University's Faculty of Health and Life Sciences - Come and Chat with us!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Sal_Coventry
Hi there,

We don't give unconditional offers. If an applicant already has the grades necessary to get onto a course then we will make an offer that is conditional upon the applicant proving that the qualifications and grades that they've listed on their UCAS application form are correct. They can prove this simply by sending in photocopies of their certificates. Once this condition has been met, the offer is amended from conditional to unconditional.

All the best,
Joe

ok Thanks
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by sb123303
Hey Louise/Natasha I'm applying for Physiotherapy.
However, I can't get my predicted grades up to BBB even though I know I can ger that, It is at BBC atm, do you think I have a reasonable chance because I've had lots of work experience. My GCSEs are quite good but I had a tough year with personal issues. Also, when it says 2 life -sciences, I have one. Also, can you apply to do physio at either leister or cov, because I don't mind but I think theres less places at leister

Hi there

I also work in the admissions office at Coventry University dealing with applications for Health courses. I would still advise you to make an application to us. All applications are looked at on an individual basis. We do look at predicted grades but if you are only slightly below what we ask for and are strong in other areas, like for example your work experience we may be able to consider you. We do offer the same course at Leicester and Coventry so you should try to decide where you would prefer to study. You can apply to both but this would use two of your choices at UCAS. We do have less places at Leicester, about 25-30 and about 80 places at Coventry.

Go on and apply, be positive and good luck to you :smile:

Mandy
Reply 22
Hi there,

I'm Janice, Admissions team, Facultyof Health & Life Sciences. I work very closely with current students including students from all branches of nursing. If you work hard at a particular placement it goes without saying they will usually remember you and there is a good possibility after interview you will be offered a job.

nursesDear
Hi VSparrow,

I'm sure there are plenty of current Nursing students on TSR so perhaps one of them will reply to this thread. I don't personally know any of the current nursing students so I'm afraid I can't put you in touch directly (although perhaps Louise from the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences could?)

What I can tell you from my own (sort of) personal experience is how much my partner loved her Adult Nursing course, which she graduated from a couple of years ago. She had a successful placement at the stroke ward at Warwick Hospital during her third year and as soon as the placement finished she was offered a job there as a staff nurse. She still works there now and she loves every aspect of the job, so I suppose that is somewhat of a success story of a Coventry University nursing graduate.

Also, from what I can gather, most of her friends from her course also had similar success when it came to finding a good position very quickly after graduating.

I'm sorry that I couldn't be more specific on this occasion.

All the best,
Joe
Recruitment & Admissions Office
Coventry University
Reply 23
Original post by Vsparrow
HI Ive applied to coventry to do adult nursing ... I came to an open day in October and liked the university, but i'd love to hear a nurses point of view on the actual university, is there anyway you could get me to talk to one? Thanks so much

Hi Vsparrow,

I can ask one of the student adult nurses to get in contact with you.

Janice, Admissions/Recruitment team, Facultyof Health & Life Sciences
Reply 24
Hi VSparrow,

I work closely with current nursing students. If you would like to ring me at work on 024 76 795952, I can possibly arrange for an adult nursing student to contact you .

Thanks,

Janice, Recruitment/Admissions Team, Faculty of Health & Life Sciences
Reply 25
Hi :smile:

We are from the HLS Admissions Office and we are going to be here tomorrow (20th October) between 10-12pm to answer any questions you may have regarding our NHS and Social Work Courses.

If you have any questions on the courses listed below then please post them on here and we will be back tomorrow with lots of answers for you! :smile:

Adult Nursing
Child Nursing
Dietetics
Learning Disability Nursing
Mental Health Nursing
Midwifery
Occupational Therapy
Operating Department Practice
Paramedic Science
Physiotherapy
Social Work
Midwifery (Short)

See you tomorrow!
HLS Admissions Team

Hi there, I'm applying for Paramedic Science and have just been offered an Interview for the 6th Feb. Is there anything in particular you look for on the whole day as a whole and do you know if there is anything I can do in order to prepare for the interview day?
Reply 26

We are from the HLS Admissions Office and we are going to be here tomorrow (20th October) between 10-12pm to answer any questions you may have regarding our NHS and Social Work Courses.

If you have any questions on the courses listed below then please post them on here and we will be back tomorrow with lots of answers for you! :smile:

Adult Nursing
Child Nursing
Dietetics
Learning Disability Nursing
Mental Health Nursing
Midwifery
Occupational Therapy
Operating Department Practice
Paramedic Science
Physiotherapy
Social Work
Midwifery (Short)

See you tomorrow!
HLS Admissions Team

Good Afternoon,

I have also got an interview to study Paramedic Science on the 7th February.

I understand that there is a fitness during the interview - please could you inform me how difficult this is? If somebody is usually fit and healthy, would they easily be able to pass this? Or would you suggest a lot of training in preparation?

Also, if possibly are you able to tell me some statistics. For example, how many individuals are offered places after the interview?

Kind regards
Reply 27
Hello,

We are waiting for the admissions tutor for Paramedic Science to get back to us. As soon as he does we will be able to give you a more detailed response.

With regard to the fitness test if you go to the gym I'm sure you will be fine. If you dont perhaps you could do some physical exercise, for instance squats and running.

Hope this helps,

Janice, Recruitment and Admissionsn Office
Reply 28
Hello,

We are waiting for the paramedic science admissions tutor to get back to us regarding your questions. In the meantime with regard to the fitness test if you are fit and healthy I imagine you will be okay. However, I could suggest doing squats and running to help you.

Regards

Janice
Recruitment & admissions Office
Reply 29
I've applied to do Occupational Therapy this year, I really want to go Coventry, it's at the top of my list!
I know the typical offer is BCC, I'm predicted 270 UCAS points, but not BCC, is there a chance they'll be okay with that?
Reply 30
Hi, my names sarah. I've applied for adult nursing and ive been invited to the interview and assessment in January. I wonder if you could tell me what the assessment will entail?
Reply 31

I've applied to Coventry to study Dietetics. Could you please tell me if interviews are given to applicants or whether offers are made without an interview?

Thank you for taking the time to answer questions.

Rosie x
Reply 32
Original post by hhh123
Good Afternoon,

I have also got an interview to study Paramedic Science on the 7th February.

I understand that there is a fitness during the interview - please could you inform me how difficult this is? If somebody is usually fit and healthy, would they easily be able to pass this? Or would you suggest a lot of training in preparation?

Also, if possibly are you able to tell me some statistics. For example, how many individuals are offered places after the interview?

Kind regards

Hi HHH123,

Thank you for your email.

I have spoken directly to the Tutor for this course who has given me the answer below.

I hope that this answers your questions :smile:

Kind Regards
Louise
Admissions and Marketing Team

The fitness test involves three elements:

Grip strength test: We use a dynamometer to assess this and you will need to be able to achieve 33kg with your dominant hand and 31kg with your sub-dominant hand. It’s often worth working to develop this as it’s important when carrying patients on carrying chairs and other moving and handling devices.

Beep test: candidates have to achieve up to level 6.5 on the 20m beep test. The army ask men to get to 10.2 and women to reach 8.1 so 6.5 is quite achievable for somebody who is relatively fit. A copy of the beep test can be downloaded from various sources on the internet...just make sure they are trusted sources before downloading!

Squat test: 30 squats.

These tests are just to help ensure that you will be fit to go into practice with the ambulance service and help to reduce the risk of injury to you, your colleague and of course, patients.

We have 32 places available so normally make around 38 offers and hold a waiting list for those we’d like to offer places to but just don’t have capacity.
Reply 33
Hi

Is the ODP course for 2012s term dates the same as regualr courses or longer becuase it an NHS course?
Reply 34
When can we expect the NHS Strategic Authority (if I've got that right) to commission the number of places on courses?

I've had a successful interview for ODP (Just waiting for the NHS to set the number of places before I get an offer on ucas).
Reply 35
What would you guys say the main changes within the West Midlands Ambulance Service (WMAS) are at the moment?
Reply 36
Original post by Kressen
When can we expect the NHS Strategic Authority (if I've got that right) to commission the number of places on courses?

I've had a successful interview for ODP (Just waiting for the NHS to set the number of places before I get an offer on ucas).

Have you heard anything yet Kressen? I'm still waiting :s-smilie:
Reply 37
I had a successful interview but they havent put the offer on UCAS as the NHS Strategic Health Authority has not set the number of course spaces yet.

I called Coventry University enquiring about when they usually set the number of places and they said that usually they'd have done it by now. tbh I'm getting a bit worried.

Either the strategic health authority are waiting for the fiscal year to end, or they are just dragging their heels for the sake of it. Trying to get clarity on this but both the Strategic Health Authority and Coventry University arent saying anything.

If you hear anything let me know.
Reply 38
Original post by Kressen
I had a successful interview but they havent put the offer on UCAS as the NHS Strategic Health Authority has not set the number of course spaces yet.

I called Coventry University enquiring about when they usually set the number of places and they said that usually they'd have done it by now. tbh I'm getting a bit worried.

Either the strategic health authority are waiting for the fiscal year to end, or they are just dragging their heels for the sake of it. Trying to get clarity on this but both the Strategic Health Authority and Coventry University arent saying anything.

If you hear anything let me know.

When was your interview? And when did you hear?!
Reply 39
I had my interview on the 4th of Jan, received my letter early feb around the 5th if I remember correctly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending