The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

aeronautics at imperial

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TomSouthwell
I do Aeronautics, and my interviewer said he didn't care about GCSE's, as long as you have like a couple of A*'s. They are more impressed with brilliant A Levels and lots of work experience. My interview consisted of me talking about my work experience and my extended project on aircraft for about 20 mins!

when did you get into imperial and what were your gcse and what kind of work experiance did you have
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by kaboon-supreme
when did you get into imperial and what were your gcse and what kind of work experiance did you have

I'm currently in First Year. My offer was A*AA Maths, Further Maths, Physics (I did A Level Chemistry aswell). I was predicted A*A*A, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry; I did standard Maths in the lower sixth and got an A* in it. GCSE's I got 9A*'s and 2A's, but as I said it's irrelevant as they prefer work experience. I worked at Dunlop Aircraft Tyres for two weeks and the BP in Sunbury for a week. I did an Extended Project over the summer on How Natural Phenomena Affect An Aircraft's Safety and Performance.
Original post by TomSouthwell
I'm currently in First Year. My offer was A*AA Maths, Further Maths, Physics (I did A Level Chemistry aswell). I was predicted A*A*A, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry; I did standard Maths in the lower sixth and got an A* in it. GCSE's I got 9A*'s and 2A's, but as I said it's irrelevant as they prefer work experience. I worked at Dunlop Aircraft Tyres for two weeks and the BP in Sunbury for a week. I did an Extended Project over the summer on How Natural Phenomena Affect An Aircraft's Safety and Performance.

what do you think my chances are with these GCSEs and work experiance
what should i do ( projects). what will give the edge over my competitors what do you think i need to do.

thansk
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 23
If you got Bs in Maths and Science at GCSE, I am concerned you'll be struggling through A-level... I got full marks in GCSE Maths and pretty damn close in Core/Additional Science, but I only got A*AA Maths FMaths Physics at A-levels. They hard, man.

Aeronautics is freeeaaakin' competitive. Work experience will help you a lot but unless you make the grades it just won't cut it. Your GCSE results are largely irrelevant for almost any university degree. They won't care as long as your AS results and A-level predicted results meet the mark. But I'm just concerned. :/

Also read. Read everything. Starting from now. XD
what if i retake maths and get an A* then i will only have 2Bs
I honestly don't think it will make much of a difference. You'll be off not worrying about it and focusing on your A Levels.
Woah, all A*'s, A's, and B's. Those are literally the worst GCSE's ever.

At this point I would like to point out I'm being sarcastic, because you're a retard and I assume you can't distinguish between genuine comments and ridicule.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending