The Student Room Group

Edexcel French Listening 14 may 2012

so who did you guys find it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,
Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme for the Listening Higher Exam for Edexcel GCSE Frecnh 2012?
Reply 2
What.. You were allowed to rewind? That is cheating no? I found it quite tough but achieved high marks in my speaking and writing so hopefully the boundaries are kind to us.
Reply 3
Original post by harryt
What.. You were allowed to rewind? That is cheating no? I found it quite tough but achieved high marks in my speaking and writing so hopefully the boundaries are kind to us.

Yeah I found it harder than some of the mocks we did and how come you were allowed to remind the tape?
Reply 4
After the exam there was a big argument between clever people....

For the deciding which city to go to... loads of people put Annecy and loads put Nice....

I put Annecy... I'm sure that's what they finally agreed on....

Also, what did everybody get for the recycling e-readers Part 1 question? They spoke quite fast!

I back an unofficial markscheme.... anyone got one?

Edit: doing Higher....
(edited 11 years ago)
I wish i got to rewind, wudve helped a lot.
For the e-readers, i died, the only to things i could really get was that she said that children wud prefer to play video games then read, and that e-readers can store a lot of book, hoping they werent looking for a specific number cos my friend said he heard 'over 7000 books'
Other than that i tried to use logic
What was the most common question thats asked about them?
Reply 6
Nope, the answer was Nice. I asked my teacher and she had the transcript and confirmed it.
The three reasons were: Stuff to do in the evening, Good restaurants and Good sporting facilities (something along those lines).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Paradox.
Nope, the answer was Nice. I asked my teacher and she had the transcript and confirmed it.
The three reasons were: Stuff to do in the evening, Good restaurants and Good sporting facilities (something along those lines).

Do you know if that was A, B and C (the reasons)
Reply 8
Would there be a chance of uploading the transcript or even the actual answers? The exam period had passed and centres are no longer sitting the exam, so it's all fine.
Dam, i got the 3 reasons but i put annecy
Someone needs to make a mark scheme STAT
Reply 10
List of questions that I can remember:

1. Work
2. Things a girl mentioned
3. Holiday Destination (Nice/Dijon/Annecy)
4. Uses of money
5. Supermarkets
6. Uses of mobiles in class.
7. Family Relations
8. Holiday to France
9. eReaders
(edited 11 years ago)
7 was by far the easiest
Reply 12
Original post by kitkat1
List of questions that I can remember:

1. Work
2. Things a girl mentioned
3. Holiday Destination (Nice/Dijon/Annecy)
4. Uses of money
5. Supermarkets
6. Family Relations
7. Holiday to France
8. eReaders

There was also the one about mobile phones in class?
some of the answers I can remember:
The mobile one went Gad, the other person, Gad, Samir.
Family Relations: the correct answers made a diamond shape - that's all I remember :colondollar:
Holiday to France: (might of missed one)
rent a house
nice area
Portugal
9)a)You can put it in your pocket/You can download books on it anywhere/It doesn't use paper (any 2)
b)Are e-readers an ecological solution or do they damage the environment? (not exactly like that but I think it's the general gist - I don't think that answer would get the mark though)
c) something about old e-readers and I heard 12% somewhere - not sure of the answer though
10a) You can download more than 7000 books onto one unit
b)It encourages their children to read
c) they would prefer to play video games
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Paradox.
There was also the one about mobile phones in class?
some of the answers I can remember:
The mobile one went Gad, the other person, Gad, Samir.
Family Relations: the correct answers made a diamond shape - that's all I remember :colondollar:
Holiday to France: (might of missed one)
rent a house
nice area
Portugal
9)a)You can put it in your pocket/You can download books on it anywhere/It doesn't use paper (any 2)
b)Are e-readers an ecological solution or do they damage the environment? (not exactly like that but I think it's the general gist - I don't think that answer would get the mark though)
c) something about old e-readers and I heard 12% somewhere - not sure of the answer though
10a) You can download more than 7000 books onto one unit
b)It encourages their children to read
c) they would prefer to play video games

Im pretty sure for the holiday one they visited their aunt, i remembered hearing tante and petit maison,
Reply 14
9 b) They went walking.

They decided to rent a property.

What were the answers for the Hypermarché question?
(edited 11 years ago)
Stupid edexcel and their trying to trick people!
Dude, someone deleted my comment :/
Is this the thread for the Edexcel Igcse french listening exam?
Reply 17
I put Annecy for the place question- I think lots of people have got confused between Nice' and 'Annecy'. I got the same reasons as everyone else has been saying.

9)b) Are e-readers an ecological solution to the environmental problem?
c) Only 12% of gadgets are recycled (1st mark) so they are worse for the environment than books (2nd mark)
Reply 18
I put Nice for question 3. I'm sure they spoke about Nice first, then Annecy, place 3, then back to Annecy then Nice, and the girl says "c'est genial" at the end

For the reasons I put things to do in the evening (i heard the word concert and fireworks "feu d'artifice"), good restaurants (heard something but can't remember what) and good sport facilities (that was a guess)

Don't know if it's right but I hope it was
q1)
About the guys work
Ads: B+D, short journey from his house to work, and colleagues
Disads: A+F, salary, long work hours
?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending