The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Hi, I'm a little confused about accommodation and wondered if anyone could help. Royal Holloway is my insurance choice, so does that mean that I can't apply for accommodation unless I don't get into my firm choice? Thanks :smile:
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by InkyPen24
Hi, I'm a little confused about accommodation and wondered if anyone could help. Royal Holloway is my insurance choice, so does that mean that I can't apply for accommodation unless I don't get into my firm choice? Thanks :smile:

I'm fairly sure you can't apply for accommodation at RHUL unless you've firmed it, so, you're right you can't apply until after results day (assuming you don't get into your firm - which I'm sure you will!)
Original post by lanaD
Hey guys! So I just applied for accommodation this morning :L I got reid as first choice and founders as second and then of course all of the modern ones, KW last. When around do you think we hear about room allocation? and what chance is there of me getting near my top choices..?

Are you conditional or unconditional?
If you're unconditional I imagine your chances of getting your top choices are fairly high, though people have been applying for accommodation for a long time now so you may be towards the bottom of the pile of unconditionals, so to speak.

In terms of conditional - I suppose it depends where's popular this year as to your likelihood, again, people have been applying for a good while now and it's first come first served but it depends on demand for particular accommodations!
anyone else hopefully living in Reid?
Reply 784
Original post by NapoleonDynamite
anyone else hopefully living in Reid?

Me! Fingers crossed. I am already impatient to find out
Original post by Soule

Awesome :cool: What are you studying?
Reply 786
Original post by NapoleonDynamite
Awesome :cool: What are you studying?

Psychology. what about yourself?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 787
Original post by Ohlavelle
I'm fairly sure you can't apply for accommodation at RHUL unless you've firmed it, so, you're right you can't apply until after results day (assuming you don't get into your firm - which I'm sure you will!)

Thankyou! I was a tad unsure, so you've cleared it up nicely :smile:
Reply 788
Original post by Soule

Me too! Also studying psych :smile:
Reply 789
Original post by lanaD
Me too! Also studying psych :smile:

Fingers crossed for getting Reid, will be great to have another Psych student about.
Reply 790
Original post by Soule
Fingers crossed for getting Reid, will be great to have another Psych student about.

My friend and I are both psychology students and we have rooms in Reid E, so if you do get Reid, let me know! :biggrin:
Reply 791
Original post by llacerta
My friend and I are both psychology students and we have rooms in Reid E, so if you do get Reid, let me know! :biggrin:

Will do! Have to still wait ages until we find out.
Reply 792
does anyone know how it works with having visitors overnight? like is it really as strict as it says, that they cant stay overnight or after 11?
Reply 793
Question about the space on the desks in Reid. I was planning on bringing a printer, laptop, 27inch flat screen tv, Xbox and Playstation 3 would there be room?
Reply 794
Original post by mani131
does anyone know how it works with having visitors overnight? like is it really as strict as it says, that they cant stay overnight or after 11?

They have no way of checking. Apart from kingswood 1 and founders you don't have to go anywhere near security to get to your room.
Original post by Soule
Question about the space on the desks in Reid. I was planning on bringing a printer, laptop, 27inch flat screen tv, Xbox and Playstation 3 would there be room?

There probably would be space, but you'd be better off putting the ps3 and xbox under the desk. Or in a cupboard, so you actually do work instead of goofing about :P
Reply 796
Original post by toastehmonstah
There probably would be space, but you'd be better off putting the ps3 and xbox under the desk. Or in a cupboard, so you actually do work instead of goofing about :P

Lol well I am a little too old for goofing about (if it's possible to be too old), but I am sure it will be something I can try to master a long with the art of procrastination! :0)
Hi guys, I am coming for Entrepreneurship Msc. this Sept, any one for the same course?

Also, does any one have any experience with postgrad halls? I just applied on May 20, do you think it is early enough to receive a room at Victorian houses? Does RHUL indeed let home/EU students know only in July about room offers? I am worried if I don't get the preferred one, there won't be much time to look for private shares.

What are the best places to look for private accommodation with RHUL students? House Search doesn't have many offers.

Any of your advices are appreciated. Cheers!
Original post by Soule

I'm in Reid this year, and my friend has similar equipment and there is plenty of room. The rooms are MASSIVE :colondollar:
I had the same problem, you should contact RHUL. I waited for few days and it was OK again...:-) Are you an under or postgrad student?

Latest