The Student Room Group

OCR English Legal System

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jk122
Police powers, sentencing, mags, juries and criminal courts how about you??

Police powers, sentencing, mags, juries, crim courts, barristers solicitors, ADRs, bail

just out of interest, what would you do if the questions were about: civ courts, judges, funding, barristers n solicitors, mags, police powers and bail? You wouldnt be able to answer 4 would you? :s
Reply 21
Original post by GiveMeAChallenge
Police powers, sentencing, mags, juries, crim courts, barristers solicitors, ADRs, bail

just out of interest, what would you do if the questions were about: civ courts, judges, funding, barristers n solicitors, mags, police powers and bail? You wouldnt be able to answer 4 would you? :s

Yeah i know i have to learn at least 2 more otherwise il be kinda screwed loll ive only learned those so far got any ideas of what 2 topics are most likely to turn up so i can focus on them???
Original post by jk122
Yeah i know i have to learn at least 2 more otherwise il be kinda screwed loll ive only learned those so far got any ideas of what 2 topics are most likely to turn up so i can focus on them???

I'd say bail and barristers/solicitors :smile: but i dont really know :colondollar:
Reply 23
I'd say bail and barristers/solicitors :smile: but i dont really know :colondollar:

Yeah i was also thinking bail it hasnt come up in a while hmm not sure about barristers/sol it came up in jan i believe
Original post by jk122
Yeah i was also thinking bail it hasnt come up in a while hmm not sure about barristers/sol it came up in jan i believe

yeah i know but it tends to come up every year just about
Reply 25

yeah i know but it tends to come up every year just about

Yeah your right il probs just learn it to be on the safe side :biggrin:
Original post by jk122
Yeah your right il probs just learn it to be on the safe side :biggrin:

just wondering, for crim courts, what are you learning as theres a load of stuff about crim appeals ... :/
Reply 27
I just learned MOT hearing, MC/CC adv/disadvantages of both, youth court etc, I basically skipped appeals since they came up in january
Whats a MOT hearing?
Do you have the questions that came up in jan?
Reply 29
just wondering, for crim courts, what are you learning as theres a load of stuff about crim appeals ... :/

I learned the categories of offence, mode of trial hearing and the adv and dis of each court i have not even looked at appeals it was in the jan paper
Reply 30
Original post by deano0417
I just learned MOT hearing, MC/CC adv/disadvantages of both, youth court etc, I basically skipped appeals since they came up in january

Have you only skipped appeals or other topics aswell??
Reply 31
Just appeals, I covered police powers, Sentencing, Crim Courts, Legal prof and Lay Magistrates/juries in full :smile: I just find appeals so boring + it came up in jan so I skipped it
Original post by deano0417
Just appeals, I covered police powers, Sentencing, Crim Courts, Legal prof and Lay Magistrates/juries in full :smile: I just find appeals so boring + it came up in jan so I skipped it

Same strategy as me! :colone:
Exactly appeals came up in jan and june 2011 so 99% won't be there :biggrin:
Reply 33
Hoping legal profession, it sort of sticks in my head since I want to do when I am older
Reply 34
Does anyone think civil cases will come up??
Also what part B questions could they ask relating to legal profession?
Reply 35
Panicking! I need an A in this paper :frown:
Hmmm...ive counted 11 topics that come up!

Revise 6/7 of those topics to the point where you can perfectly regurgitate everything and you will get full marks :smile:

That's how I did it anyway, Law doesn't require any thinking whatsoever at A level, just a good short-term memory. Its only been a year since I did my last Law exam and I can't remember anything at all from it :s-smilie:
Original post by Vijay2010
Revise 6/7 of those topics to the point where you can perfectly regurgitate everything and you will get full marks :smile:

That's how I did it anyway, Law doesn't require any thinking whatsoever at A level, just a good short-term memory. Its only been a year since I did my last Law exam and I can't remember anything at all from it :s-smilie:

Thanks for the tip :smile:
Reply 38
Does anyone think we could possibly get ADR?
Reply 39
Original post by jk122
Does anyone think civil cases will come up??
Also what part B questions could they ask relating to legal profession?

Disadvantages and advantages of training is te usual one

Quick Reply

Latest