The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Geography (Human) 18th June 2012

Who else is sitting this exam? And how have you/are revising for it?:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Isn't human on the 14th or are yoTo doing spec B

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
yeah im just looking over the cgp revision guide. do we have to learn a case study for the food supply section of globalisation?
Reply 3
Population Change
Changing Urban Enviornments
Tourism

All of it is case study information compared to Physical Geography where its facts and processes which need to be learnt! Full focus on Physical for tommorow however going over case studies.

Population- China's One Child Policy- Why they do it? How effective? Consequences? also Kerela, India population control. Ageing population in France also

Urban Enviornments- Looking at squatter settlements in India, Sao Paulo, Rio. Looking at Problems and solutions in Los Angeles (MEDC) and LEDC is Cairo. and a Sustainable settlement is Masdar in the UAE

Tourism- Lake District National Park, Blackpool coastal resort, Eco Tourism and Mass Tourism- Kenya. Extreme Enviornments- Antarctica
Reply 4
ahhh i am dreading this exam! I've got/had history and latin exams this week and next and ive completely forgotten about geography as ive been revising for the others instead! REaaally dont know how this exam is going to go :/ fingersss crossseed though
Reply 5
CGP guide is so good for Geography, I would be lost without it! I am doing Development Gap, Population Change and Tourism.

The good thing about Human geography is if you forget the effects or strategies you can still get marks by using common sense e.g. everyone knows the affects tourism are littering, traffic, better economy and damage to buildings for example, wheras in physical you have to know solid facts. (like how many people died in what Earthquake, when, why, how etc.)
Reply 6
Original post by ConnorMcD
Population Change
Changing Urban Enviornments
Tourism

Population- China's One Child Policy- Why they do it? How effective? Consequences? also Kerela, India population control. Ageing population in France also

Urban Enviornments- Looking at squatter settlements in India, Sao Paulo, Rio. Looking at Problems and solutions in Los Angeles (MEDC) and LEDC is Cairo. and a Sustainable settlement is Masdar in the UAE

Tourism- Lake District National Park, Blackpool coastal resort, Eco Tourism and Mass Tourism- Kenya. Extreme Enviornments- Antarctica

That's pretty much exactly what we've done this year. I'm pretty confident with the facts, just need to go over the case studies in detail.:smile:
Reply 7
Yeh should be fine if you know all the case studies, well in our mock exam, if was mainly case study information compared to Physical Geography which is mainly facts/processes
Reply 8
What did you guys get in the coursework and last years physical?:smile:
I got an A* for my coursework and I only did the physical exam today as I am doing the course in a year after finishing my maths GCSE last year.

Reply 10
I am doing the following topics:-

Tourism
Population Change
The Development Gap

Tourism is the easiest for the case studies as you can simply make them up about any country!

Has anyone else got three exams on the same day as I have german and statistics on the afternoon of this exam day???
It seems a bit crazy :eek:
This will be my first Geography exam and I have a feeling the paper will be quite hard. (Just a gut instinct)
im doing population, tourism and changing urban environments,
any ideas on whats going to come up?
I got A* in my coursework, haven't done unit 1 yet and this is a retake for me.
I'm doing this exam. Got B in coursework and a in unit 1, 2 marks off a* grr! Need around 119 ums to got an a. Should be able to as got 131ums in physical:biggrin:

Original post by PureDetermination
I got A* in my coursework, haven't done unit 1 yet and this is a retake for me.

What did you get last time you took it?:smile:

Reply 16
I doing tourism , urbanisation and population change

Tourism = Uk:Lake District
Mass: Jamaica
Extreme: Antarctica
Eco: Galapagos
Urban = UDCs + City Challenge + Sustainable Communities
Squatter Settlement: Kibera , Kenya
Sustainable urban: Curitiba
Population = Birth Control: China
Ageing Population: France + UK + Italy
Labour Migration: Poland to UK / Senegal to Italy
Refugee: North Africa to Spain
Reply 17
is anybody doing changing rural environments???

i absolutely hate it but i was confused about the case study for commercial farming
is it an area (such as east anglia as in the textbook) or do we have to know a specific farm (lynford house farm)??
Reply 18
I am also doing : Tourism, Development Gap and Population change :smile:, it seems
to be quite a popular combination on TSR
Reply 19
Original post by SmileAway
What did you guys get in the coursework and last years physical?:smile:

We don't get to know what we got on the coursework, but i did the physical paper last year and got an A*, how about you? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest