The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Medicine Interviews at Cardiff?

I've got an Interview at cardiff on the 5th december (well, I'm going to have to ring them up and ask to change because I've got a cambridge interview on the 5th already O_O I really hope they let me change!) and I was wondering, what kind of thing do interviewers ask at Cardiff? I've already had an interview at BSMS, so I'm ok with the whole interview business, but I was wondering whether cardiff would be more interested in academic things or more about stuff to do with personal statement and you as a person? And are there any cardiff medics maybe that might like to share something about their interview please?!
Reply 1
They just go on and on about your PS, so make sure you know it inside out! They're pretty keen on the Welsh NHS as well - who founded it, differences between England and Wales (free prescriptions was a big thing around the time of my interview), general questions such as "why Cardiff/medicine" and so on. They also asked me who I'd like to invite round for dinner and why. God knows why they wanted to know that, but there we go! They wanted to know about my w/e as well.

Can't remember anything else!
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks I have an interview for Cardiff as well! I'm starting to panic!
I havent heard anything from Cardiff yet apart from the postcard acknowledging my application. Should I be worried??
Reply 4
No they interview until March. They have hardly started and unlike most unis they consider everyone equal even if youo have an interview at the end of march.
Reply 5
Indeed. All decisions are sent out at the end of March, which is when the interviews end. So don't panic yet!

How did your interview go, Raindroppe?
Thanks for that bit of reassurance. Ive just been rejected from BSMS so was feeling a bit down about it all and other potential med students at my school have already had interviews for some places. Any one been to a Cardiff open day? I really liked the atmosphere when I went and getting to touch the petrified cadavers they had in the anatomy room.
This isn't strictly related to your conversation, but I wondered if anyone could help anyway!

I've got offers for elsewhere and I've decided that Cardiff is a bit too far away from me. I don't want an interview/ offer because whatever happens I wouldn't take it anyway and I don't want to be getting in the way of other people who genuinely want to go there, like you guys. Do you know how I can withdraw my application? Do I have to do it via UCAS or should I contact the med admissions people as well? Thanks in advance... xxxxx
Reply 8
Danielle2137
This isn't strictly related to your conversation, but I wondered if anyone could help anyway!

I've got offers for elsewhere and I've decided that Cardiff is a bit too far away from me. I don't want an interview/ offer because whatever happens I wouldn't take it anyway and I don't want to be getting in the way of other people who genuinely want to go there, like you guys. Do you know how I can withdraw my application? Do I have to do it via UCAS or should I contact the med admissions people as well? Thanks in advance... xxxxx

Firstly, congratulations on getting those offers!
I think if you contact UCAS, they will cancel that one choice for you and, I presume, contact the university. Having said that, I withdrew my application from Leicester last year; I just called Leicester up and told them and they informed UCAS for me.
Thanks Ribbons for taking the time to help out :-) I will contact UCAS then, seeing as whenever I have tried to get hold of anyone at Cardiff in the past it has been a nightmare...
Reply 10
No problem.
Good luck! :smile:
Reply 11
You can cancel applications online on UCAS track :smile: I did it, but I also emailed the person who was managing the interviews for my course as a courtesy really.

But yeah: Just go into track and click the course code next to Cardiff and you see you have a link to Cancel Choice. :smile:
Thanks to you too suek! xxx
Reply 13
suek
You can cancel applications online on UCAS track :smile: I did it, but I also emailed the person who was managing the interviews for my course as a courtesy really.

But yeah: Just go into track and click the course code next to Cardiff and you see you have a link to Cancel Choice. :smile:

Ah, I didn't know you could do that. I thought you could only cancel your whole application using the UCAS website. It's very convenient.

Latest

Trending

Trending