The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Thery, sometimes I'm unsure what to write in some answers.

My practical is pretty good :smile:
Reply 2
Ohhh How is Higher Admin? Im picking this next year coming from Higher Computing, what's the work like in comparison? I was never very good with spreadsheets :frown:
Reply 3
The theory is OK, most kinda common sense but sometimes its hard to think of what to actaully write down as your answer.

I personally find practical pretty OK, there normally isn't that much spreadsheet work, jus some more formulas but you should get the hang of it because it's pretty straight forward.
Reply 4
i think the practical is quite tricky..if you have done higher business management then the theory is quite easy because they are similar..i find the spreadsheets the hardest to do. V look-ups are ok though..Glad the exam isnt until june lots of time to revise practical :smile:
Reply 5
Yup, I persoanlly find the databases he hardest, especially some of the calculations in queries :/
Reply 6
Personally, I find the practical side of Admin extremely easy. I got 97% in my prelim and the reason I lost two marks was because I printed something, forgot to save a small change I'd made to it, noticed later that something on it was wrong, went back and changed that and printed it again, forgetting to make the other change again before printing...
If that makes any sense :p:

Needless to say, I failed English :wink:

The theory side is more difficult but still nothing too bad. Think I got 80-something % in the prelim and that was on a bad day. Usually I manage to get 93-98% in class.

Anyone thinking of taking this subject - DO IT. It's ace and pretty much just a walk in the park. :biggrin:

K x
Reply 7
does anyone know how to answers questions like discuss the benefits of effective team working? i thought discuss meant you have to write advantages and diadvantages but how can there by disadvantages of effective team working :s-smilie:
Reply 8
kerry_1
does anyone know how to answers questions like discuss the benefits of effective team working? i thought discuss meant you have to write advantages and diadvantages but how can there by disadvantages of effective team working :s-smilie:

in team working could a disadvantage be that disagreements can arise with workers? but im just guessing :p:
Reply 9
Lesjordans
Ohhh How is Higher Admin? Im picking this next year coming from Higher Computing, what's the work like in comparison? I was never very good with spreadsheets :frown:

I did this too! I took computing in 5th year and had a crash in admin in 6th year. I would say standard grade credit computing is most useful...you use alot of conditional formatting and sometimes mailmerge .. most other stuff can be picked up without too much confusion :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending