The Student Room Group

St Dominics Sixth form College in harrow

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Stanmore College is also quite good...for sciences at least...and if you like to be independent...
Original post by jokosor
Stanmore College is also quite good...for sciences at least...and if you like to be independent...

Not really on the same level as Dom's though...
Reply 22
Original post by alsam005.310
Thanks :smile: I'm going to be taking Maths, Bio, Chem, Psychology. Wbu? I think replies for interviews come March/April time. I know some colleges have already started. I got an offer from Woodhouse two days ago. :smile:

Maths, F maths, economics and physics. I can't wait that long haa! Some people already had rejection letters.
Well done for Woodhouse. Which do you prefer?
Reply 23
Original post by kingtaco
Maths, F maths, economics and physics. I can't wait that long haa! Some people already had rejection letters.
Well done for Woodhouse. Which do you prefer?

Wait, what? People have had rejection letters from St Doms?!
Thanks, I prefer Doms tbh, Woodhouse is far and not as good :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by alsam005.310
Wait, what? People have had rejection letters from St Doms?!
Thanks, I prefer Doms tbh, Woodhouse is far and not as good :smile:

Haa yeah! I know about half a dozen people who've already been rejected.
What do you think they'll ask at interview; will they care about extra curricular?
What do you think of the compulsory RE lessons?
Sorry about the stalkerish questioning lool
Reply 25
Original post by kingtaco
Haa yeah! I know about half a dozen people who've already been rejected.
What do you think they'll ask at interview; will they care about extra curricular?
What do you think of the compulsory RE lessons?
Sorry about the stalkerish questioning lool

At the interview, they should ask similar questions to what they asked on the religious reference form sheet.
Tbh, I don't think extra curricular will be very important to them because they care more about religion etc, but it's always good to have a few extra curricular activities.
I think compulsory RE lessons aren't too good. We could be spending that time revising but I don't mind too much.
Haha stalkerish questions r my thing :P
Reply 26
Anyone wanna comment on Parmiters?
& Hello Alsam005.310 - I think we've met. :wink:
Reply 27
I know someone who got into st doms with no A*s whatsoever! (although this was a couple of years ago) My ex-girlfriend went there too - you'd think for a catholic school there'd be a lot more Christians around!
Reply 28
What GPA does a non catholic student need to get for a conditional offer from st doms?
Mine is 6.45 right now but im not sure if thats good enough to get in...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 29
i heard there's a lot of non Catholics there so i wouldn't worry about not being a Catholic.. and i think the people who got rejected have already gotten told so if you didn't get one then you probz got an interview.
Reply 30
oh ok, ty :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by Angelica.
Anyone wanna comment on Parmiters?
& Hello Alsam005.310 - I think we've met. :wink:

LMFAOOOO. Hahahah.
Reply 32
What kind of grades did people who got rejected from st doms get??? (not trying to be nosey or anything...)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 33
I just got my interview letter.. this morning :biggrin:
Anyone else? :smile:
yeahhh angelica!!! me tooooo :biggrin:DD
Reply 35
what GPA did u guys get??
Hey I got an interview today yay does anyone know about Watford Grammar admissions????
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Angelica.
I just got my interview letter.. this morning :biggrin:
Anyone else? :smile:

I did i'm so happy, do you go bentley wood??
Reply 38
my advice is don't go to St Doms.
from what my friends (who go there) tell me, its: over-hyped, with a poor standard of teaching and is very segregated.
Your grades are good, apply elsewhere.
Reply 39
Original post by JV4211
what GPA did u guys get??

I got my interview letter this morning. My GPA is 7.6. I think. If I've calculated it correctly. Wbu?

Quick Reply

Latest