The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Accommodation

which is the best accommodation for student parties etc
Reply 1
Stafford or New Build. Stafford judging by the rents for New Build, or the parties could end up being very sober.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Kim-x
Stafford or New Build. Stafford judging by the rents for New Build, or the parties could end up being very sober.

thanks for your reply
i was more inclined to get a room with a en-suite. What do u think about Lakeside?
Reply 3
I would want Lakeside if I had the choice but it seems to be hugely oversubscribed (the rent's gone from £98 to £115 p/w in 2 years) and it's pot luck as to whether you get in there. Really I think it's down to what you make of it but Lakeside's said to be less social. The rooms are slightly larger there I think and the bathrooms are better but New Build has the better kitchen. New Build is like the Sahara Desert.
Reply 4
Stafford I hear have the best parties but has no ensuite, New build is good also (make sure to go around as many flats as possible during freshers week to get to know people). Lakeside is the least social from what I've seen and when I've been there.
Reply 5
from the pics that I have seen on facebook, the parties in new build can be quiet wild especially as there kitchen is fairly big, means more friends can come over etc!

im in newbuild and loving it! Definately the place to be.

Quick Reply

Latest