The Student Room Group

Head girl speech

HEY, AM APPLYING FOR HEAD GIRL AND AM AN EXTERNAL STUDENT SO ALOT OF PEOPLE DONT KNOW ME BUT I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE HELP WITH THIS SPEECH AND JUST IN GENERAL WHAT YOU THINK WE ONLY HAVE 1MINUTE EACH AND I DONT WISH TO BE HEAD GIRL BUT DEPUTY ..

hello hi everyone,

my names is naomi and some of you may know me alot of you may not, but regardless of that hi am Naomi and at least now you know me. I'd like you to vot for me as head girl becayse all of you sitting here want to be leaders nobody want to be a follower but to lead you must learn to follow and have the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions but also the compassion and modesty to listen before you leap and know that you are no better than the people that put you in such a high place of authority. You must have a mind that is open, creative and focused. you must set goals and not promise to achieve them because promises are made to be broken but set those goals with the intention of achieveing those goals. This is what i know i stand for and I believe above all these qualities that i have stated the most important of them all is to be real and not project a false image of yourselfto be the kind of person that people in lower years would not be afraid to say hi to when walking by in the corridor. to be able to work in a team and set a foundation and build on that foundation not as an individual but as a team. Rome was not built in a day and neither did IGS achieve such greatness in a year. So a vote for me is a vote for modesty, a vote for me is a vote for the team, a vote for me is a vote for OUR future.

thankyou.
Reply 1
Original post by Nae.divine
HEY, AM APPLYING FOR HEAD GIRL AND AM AN EXTERNAL STUDENT SO ALOT OF PEOPLE DONT KNOW ME BUT I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE HELP WITH THIS SPEECH AND JUST IN GENERAL WHAT YOU THINK WE ONLY HAVE 1MINUTE EACH AND I DONT WISH TO BE HEAD GIRL BUT DEPUTY ..

hello hi everyone,

my names is naomi and some of you may know me alot of you may not, but regardless of that hi am Naomi and at least now you know me. I'd like you to vot for me as head girl becayse all of you sitting here want to be leaders nobody want to be a follower but to lead you must learn to follow and have the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions but also the compassion and modesty to listen before you leap and know that you are no better than the people that put you in such a high place of authority. You must have a mind that is open, creative and focused. you must set goals and not promise to achieve them because promises are made to be broken but set those goals with the intention of achieveing those goals. This is what i know i stand for and I believe above all these qualities that i have stated the most important of them all is to be real and not project a false image of yourselfto be the kind of person that people in lower years would not be afraid to say hi to when walking by in the corridor. to be able to work in a team and set a foundation and build on that foundation not as an individual but as a team. Rome was not built in a day and neither did IGS achieve such greatness in a year. So a vote for me is a vote for modesty, a vote for me is a vote for the team, a vote for me is a vote for OUR future.

thankyou.

You say you want to be deputy head, but you also say you're applying for Head girl...?

You've only got a minute so your argument needs to be clear and concise.

What you've got so far is just rhetoric. Give them 3 reasons as to why you should be deputy head girl.

Good luck.
Reply 2
Hi, I was head girl at my senior school two years ago and I think your speech is going in the right direction but i found that trying to relate to my audience and have fun makes the speech that much more relatable.
Unfortunately, I think the average student would switch off no matter how great your speech was. As Chandler said, "End it with a joke?"

As head girl... Tbh, you don't actually have any "power" or influence. The school just wants to believe that you do. I think you're too serious for it :redface:
Reply 4
i dont know what kind of jokes to have in their because what if i say a joke and every ones i just like "what" or just stares at me do you guys have any idea's of what i could add in there?

& my head of year says we have to direct the speech as if we want to be head girl not deputy because only she decides who is deputy out of 5/7 of us that get through.

thanks for your help but any jokes or humor you think i should add, would be nice too many thanks!
Reply 5
Well I don't think like an actual joke but something just in jest, But i actually think your speech is quite good even if at the end your just smiling and happy show that you are enjoying giving a speech it will show that your not doing it for a profit or anything but because its something you are striving for.
Reply 6
Sorry didn't help
Reply 7
Well hiya there Naomi but that didn't help I need something for primary schools plz 😬😐
this speech was moving and i like the end part Naomi you have a very high potential. well done.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Hello everyone,My name is ________,and i an here today to apply for the role of head girl.Many of you might not agree with me but heres why i should become this role'why you should become this roleAs i just said the following some of you may agree with me now as i would be a great leader to all of you and i would not let this get in-between my learning!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 10
check my speech
I NEED HELP:I'm helping my best friend write her speech because English is her second language.She can speak and read it fine but she still has trouble with word order and writing so I'm trying to help but i don't know what to do because she only joined in year 9 BUT she is good friends with the majority of the year and actually wants the position unlike many other candidates, however i'm struggling to get the speech started and to make it something people want to listen too. Anyone have any ideas? They would be greatly appreciated.
Reply 12
oh, ok u can say your passion for ur school and tell 3 reasons y u should be head girl.
Reply 13
cbv/bvcx,/lbcmlnbvmlncvml;hn;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km;km/
Original post by Maya312
Well hiya there Naomi but that didn't help I need something for primary schools plz 😬😐

Latest

Trending

Trending