The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys I'm cooking dinner tomorrow night (for three) does anyone have any suggestions for tasty high protein / low carb meals I could do? Fat isn't an issue but I definitely don't want to do pasta as I always eat too much. If it is relatively easy that would also be awesome :smile: Currently thinking of doing fajitas / enchiladas but it's a bit of a go to recipe and I wanted to try something new... Thanks in advance :biggrin:
Birthday week - put on two pounds.

Happy sodding birthday haha
Original post by flamingoshoes

:five:

Eating leftover birthday cake for breakfast cos I cba to go out for milk.
Reply 3263
Original post by flamingoshoes

Not liking the weight gain, wishing happy birthday and saw you were negged!
Reply 3264
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
2lbs gone since last weigh in..

12lbs to go!

Getting so close it's SCARY.

WHY CAN I NEVER REP YOU?! So proud of you!

12lbs to go!

Omg, that is so good, so close. I keep on looking at your before and after pics, and it's go great and motivational to see someone lose that much weight and to be able to follow their journey.

It was not my intention to become your stalker :s-smilie:
Original post by Becca-Sarah
:five:

Eating leftover birthday cake for breakfast cos I cba to go out for milk.

Original post by sauce
Not liking the weight gain, wishing happy birthday and saw you were negged!

Thanks guys - don't really know why I was negged, guess I'm not allowed to age haha

I'm getting back on it now, lots of veggies for lunch!!
Reply 3267
Eating exercise calories? Y/N?
Original post by sauce
Eating exercise calories? Y/N?

Yes. You're presumably already eating at a deficit. Not eating your exercise calories makes that a massive deficit. Exercise increases your metabolism so you burn more that day than just the immediate energy required to exercise anyway.

I use it as an incentive. Work out more (get fitter/stronger) = can eat more (without putting on weight). Seems like a win-win situation to me.
Reply 3269
Feeling really crap about myself today :frown: I feel so fat and frumpy, and I hate it :frown: No weight has budged this week either. Ugh, talk about rock bottom self esteem right now.

12lbs to go!

Well done! That's so exciting!!
Thanks to phiddy23 and infairverona, made my first ever homemade vegetable soup today :smile: Tastes awesome, going to freeze and have for lunch next week :smile:

Unfortunately had a rubbish session at the gym :frown: Tried to do some HIIT but put the speed up too high and made myself ill :frown: Stomach was hurting so much! That'll teach me, going to stick at a steady pace run from now onwards, until I get a bit fitter anyway.
Original post by sauce

Repping you for pointing out how we can never rep Angel! Damn you rep point limits!!

--

Also updated my ticker today :colone: I feel that seeing as I have managed to maintain my weight at 9 stone 6 pounds for three days I should be entitled to lower my pounds in the current weight box mwahaahaaa, even if my weigh-in isn't til next Friday :rolleyes:

Very excited about the fact I'm now a stone away from 8 stone 6 pounds, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :woo:

Edit: Yay for unnecessary negative rep! I am now going to crawl up into a hole and cry my poor little heart out because someone on the internet disapproves of what I'm saying :ashamed:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by sauce

I can never rep ANYONE it's so annoying!! :biggrin:.

Original post by Nasher and Basher
Omg, that is so good, so close. I keep on looking at your before and after pics, and it's go great and motivational to see someone lose that much weight and to be able to follow their journey.

I love stalkers :biggrin: Thank you. I can't believe how thin I look sometimes. Sometimes I look at myself and think I look huge, but then I'll catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror and I'll think okay there's SUCH a difference!

Original post by tabbycat1
Well done! That's so exciting!!

Thank you!

Original post by Stir fried Giblets
Repping you for pointing out how we can never rep Angel! Damn you rep point limits!!

Haha I can never rep I just sit trying to rep people and it shouts at me.. you should be able to rep awesome people twice as much!
I think I'm going into starvation mode. I've had 4 days of eating about 500 calories per day and I'm still in a plateau. Actually I was 9 stone 12lbs 6oz at my lowest, and I've gone up a tad to 9 stone 13lbs exactly as of this morning.

I'm not doing it deliberately though - I'm really poorly, I've not had a cold this bad in about the past decade, which is saying something considering I pick up at least 6-8 colds a year thanks to the kids. But this is just ridiculous. I have gone through 200 tissues in less than 24 hours.
Needless to say I haven't got much of an appetite.

I'm ordering a calzone tonight to share with hubby to see if I can force a bit into me and kick start my metabolism a bit. I'm not hungry (only had 272 calories today so far in the form of 2 asparagus cuppa soups) and to be honest I can barely smell anything anyway, so that sort of defeats the whole point of eating anyway as I can't taste much, but I don't suppose I'm going to shake this cold (OR lose weight) if I don't get some calories into me for energy.

meh
I just went to make dinner-which I was really excited about- and the oven just broke. I could cry. :bawling:
Reply 3276
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I think I'm going into starvation mode. I've had 4 days of eating about 500 calories per day and I'm still in a plateau. Actually I was 9 stone 12lbs 6oz at my lowest, and I've gone up a tad to 9 stone 13lbs exactly as of this morning.

I'm not doing it deliberately though - I'm really poorly, I've not had a cold this bad in about the past decade, which is saying something considering I pick up at least 6-8 colds a year thanks to the kids. But this is just ridiculous. I have gone through 200 tissues in less than 24 hours.
Needless to say I haven't got much of an appetite.

I'm ordering a calzone tonight to share with hubby to see if I can force a bit into me and kick start my metabolism a bit. I'm not hungry (only had 272 calories today so far in the form of 2 asparagus cuppa soups) and to be honest I can barely smell anything anyway, so that sort of defeats the whole point of eating anyway as I can't taste much, but I don't suppose I'm going to shake this cold (OR lose weight) if I don't get some calories into me for energy.

meh

Four days isn't enough to go into 'starvation mode'. I'd chalk it down to your body storing all reserves, as it were, if you're ill. Also may be just down to the point you are in your menstrual cycle. I'm sure you'll see a nice loss in a week or so, frustrating as it may be. :hugs: Calzone is an excellent idea though, curry would be even better, burn that cold out! :tongue:

Original post by Stir fried Giblets

--

Also updated my ticker today :colone: I feel that seeing as I have managed to maintain my weight at 9 stone 6 pounds for three days I should be entitled to lower my pounds in the current weight box mwahaahaaa, even if my weigh-in isn't til next Friday :rolleyes:

Very excited about the fact I'm now a stone away from 8 stone 6 pounds, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :woo:

Edit: Yay for unnecessary negative rep! I am now going to crawl up into a hole and cry my poor little heart out because someone on the internet disapproves of what I'm saying :ashamed:

LOL! Who's the neg repper in our thread :angry: Well, have 6 points(yay finally someone I can rep) to balance it out a bit :h:
(edited 11 years ago)
I always worry incase I'm the phantom negger.. Because when I'm on my phone I end up pressing all sorts!

But I take comfort from the fact that I can never rep any of you so it's kind of unlikely :P xx
Reply 3278
I always worry incase I'm the phantom negger.. Because when I'm on my phone I end up pressing all sorts!

This made me smile.
Original post by Nasher and Basher

If you want to be Gemma's stalker... you're going to have to take a number...