The Student Room Group

AQA PSYB3 essay questions

Let's get together and think of some possible long-answer questions to help with everyone's preparation? Post question's you've done or invent some questions, discuss possible things to include in each one?

I'll do a few questions to start off,

SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
-Discuss Bowlby's work on attachment
-Discuss Ainsworth's work on attachment
-Discuss the possible consequences of privation and deprivation
-Discuss the causes and consequences of popularity and rejection

SCHIZOPHRENIA/MOOD DISORDERS
-Discuss/compare biological/cognitive/sociocultural explanations
-Discuss/compare biological/cognitive treatments/community care

FORENSIC
-Discuss a particular theory of offending
-Discuss/compare different ways of measuring crime
-Discuss the effectiveness of custodial sentencing
Anyone got any ideas at all? :P
Reply 2
Here's some, i know its a bit late but i needed to find any essay questions that could help me.

SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT:
-Describe and evaluate empirical evidence that shows that rejected children are more likely to suffer from
longer-term emotional problems than popular children
-Discuss whether animal studies are a suitable foundation for theories of human attachment.

SCHIZOPHRENIA/MOOD DISORDERS:
-Describe and evaluate one treatment for a schizophrenic disorder
-Evaluate the effectiveness of one biologically based treatment for depression.

I'm not studying forensics so cant help you there.
Would u happen to know any good techniques of revision? I'm finding it hard to remember things :frown:
Original post by nicole09
Here's some, i know its a bit late but i needed to find any essay questions that could help me.

SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT:
-Describe and evaluate empirical evidence that shows that rejected children are more likely to suffer from
longer-term emotional problems than popular children
-Discuss whether animal studies are a suitable foundation for theories of human attachment.

SCHIZOPHRENIA/MOOD DISORDERS:
-Describe and evaluate one treatment for a schizophrenic disorder
-Evaluate the effectiveness of one biologically based treatment for depression.

I'm not studying forensics so cant help you there.
Would u happen to know any good techniques of revision? I'm finding it hard to remember things :frown:

I know it's late for PSYB3 now, but for PSYB4 I've been making essay plans so that in the exam I can quickly make connections between approaches, debates, topics etc, and not be wondering what to write for ages :smile:
Reply 4
Ahh right i see :smile:
Yeah I've been doing that too but iv been struggling on how to understand what the question is asking i mean the 12 mark questions. For example
Discuss the biological approach to the understanding of human behaviour. In your answer, refer to at least two topics that you have studied in psychology.
That was given in last years paper.
I don't know how to structure my essays :/ :frown:
how do you structure yours?
Reply 5
... ahh thanks for that! and structure ?

Basically i do it like this - define / outline / explain / study & link to evaluation / evaluate with atleast 3 of neg + pos points with a little explanation! :smile: .. Usually around 4 paragraphs...
any one doing cognition and law , forensic psychology and cognitive development ?

need some notess for my stupid test this week :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by InfinitelyVixey
I know it's late for PSYB3 now, but for PSYB4 I've been making essay plans so that in the exam I can quickly make connections between approaches, debates, topics etc, and not be wondering what to write for ages :smile:

abit late, but do you still have the document in which you did this ?:colondollar:
Reply 8
I think that essay on depression would come on like nicole said, anyone doing moral development and substance abuse?
Original post by InfinitelyVixey

When I wanted to revise but couldn't be bothered to do tonnes of practice essays, I used to find some titles and just jot down all the things I could think of that I would write about in it, as quickly as I could, then look in the book to see if I missed anything good. I ended up with tonnes of lists and spider web pages but it helped...until the exam asked a hideous question that made me get a C.

*bitterface*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending