The Student Room Group

Student Finance form

Hey

I've been having some trouble with applying for student finance online. I tried to apply a couple of weeks ago and when filling in the 'About You' section it kept displaying an error. Anyway I rang them up and they said the error should be removed in about 10 days. 10 days later it's still there so I ring again and they tell me there's nothing they can do so fill out a paper application.

First of all, is there any disadvantage to using the paper application?

Secondly, I can't find it :tongue: Can someone help me please? :biggrin:
Reply 1
Anyone? :tongue:
Reply 2
Hiya - I'm having the exact same problem, it's doing my head in! Phoned them up and they said to do a paper form, which they emailed to me. If you don't me having your email address I could forward it to you?
It's no good for me though because I'm not seeing my Mum for a while and I need her signature on the paper form - arrrrrgh!!! I hate Student Finance!
Reply 3
Original post by becca0706
Hiya - I'm having the exact same problem, it's doing my head in! Phoned them up and they said to do a paper form, which they emailed to me. If you don't me having your email address I could forward it to you?
It's no good for me though because I'm not seeing my Mum for a while and I need her signature on the paper form - arrrrrgh!!! I hate Student Finance!

It's okay now :smile: I rang up again yesterday and got a really helpful woman who gave me the exact web address for the form. Luckily for me I don't qualify for any additional help so my Dad doesn't need to get involved. Less money, but a far simpler form! :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by platty1907
First of all, is there any disadvantage to using the paper application?

I somehow submitted my application without adding my passport details or social security number...

I rang them up and they said I should just do a paper application and put in the notes I messed up my online application

1 disadvantage to using paper is having to walk to the post box instead of clicking submit. So for the average person, no, there isn't any real disadvantages.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply