The Student Room Group

Imperial College MSc Economics & Strategy for Business (ESB)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by bunny rabbit
I interviewed on 29th, Mar and received offer the next day.
they move soooooo fast!!!

How long after applying were you invited for interview?
Reply 21
Under consideration by dept. now.

From what you guys have said everyone who gets an interview, gets an offer pretty much?

Hopefully, they will give me an interview :smile:
Reply 22
I've just received email assigning my interview this Friday :frown:.

Any tip? I'm pretty nervous as my friends told me they have accepted 70 applicants so far.
Reply 23
How would they know ?

Original post by trang
I've just received email assigning my interview this Friday :frown:.

Any tip? I'm pretty nervous as my friends told me they have accepted 70 applicants so far.
Reply 24
Original post by TBD
How would they know ?

Facebook offer holders group
Reply 25
Hi,

I'm considering applying to this program. Can anyone who currently undertakes it share some experiences? Thanks in advance!

Kind regards

EDIT: Forgot to ask. I'm doing a BSc Economics, and I've taken a business course. I asked them wether I'd still be eligible to apply, and they said yes. I'm not so sure though seeing that the program is explicitly designed for business graduates. Judging from your experiences, would I be better of with the MSc Management?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 26
I have applied last year in mid Dec, and I have only just received a personal reply from the admin team asking me for more information with regards to the undergrad course I took. I went to their open evening and I am pretty sure they said the process will take up to 6 weeks. And it is now way over 6 weeks... does it mean I don't stand a good chance??

Tried finding any facebook offer holders group, etc and found a linkedin group for current students.. anyone who has also applied to this course??
Reply 27
Original post by Ascari
I have applied last year in mid Dec, and I have only just received a personal reply from the admin team asking me for more information with regards to the undergrad course I took. I went to their open evening and I am pretty sure they said the process will take up to 6 weeks. And it is now way over 6 weeks... does it mean I don't stand a good chance??

Tried finding any facebook offer holders group, etc and found a linkedin group for current students.. anyone who has also applied to this course??

Don't worry. Imperial have a fairly sluggish admissions team for this course. I got my reply very late.
(edited 11 years ago)
Did anyone receive their offer for the programme?
Reply 29
Hi everyone,

I´ve got my interview next week and was wondering how I could prepare myself? Also, does everyone who applies get an interview, or are the selective with interviews? Anyone knows anything about the ratio of the people getting an interview, to people getting admitted?
Original post by deilo
Hi everyone,

I´ve got my interview next week and was wondering how I could prepare myself? Also, does everyone who applies get an interview, or are the selective with interviews? Anyone knows anything about the ratio of the people getting an interview, to people getting admitted?

You have passed the initial screening stage to be selected for an interview.
My advice will be prepare for many commericial awareness questions!

I received my offer 10 days ago :wink:
Reply 31
Original post by ubiquitous7

Can you give me some examples of commercial questions? Is it something about advertisement? Thank you!
I wanted to apply but don't have the time.
Reply 33
Just received my offer on friday...

I received an email, saying that they are offering me a place for the October 2013 entry and that the College Registry will make my offer offical via the student eservice, where they will also state the conditions of my offer!

Anyone know how long it will take till I receive the "official" offer? And what kind of offer can I expect, since I already graduated last May?

Cheers for your help!
Reply 34
Original post by deilo

I received an email, saying that they are offering me a place for the October 2013 entry and that the College Registry will make my offer offical via the student eservice, where they will also state the conditions of my offer!

Anyone know how long it will take till I receive the "official" offer? And what kind of offer can I expect, since I already graduated last May?

Cheers for your help!

could u share me your interview experience? What kind of things they are looking for?
Reply 35

Hi - would you mind telling me when did you apply?

Many thanks!
Original post by Lunda
Can you give me some examples of commercial questions? Is it something about advertisement? Thank you!

I don't really understand what you mean by 'something about advertisement'. Examples of commercial awareness questions will be:
1. What do you think about the merger between company A and company B?
2. If you were the CEO of Company A, what would you do?

I think it's mainly about demonstrating thinking on your feet.
Good luck :smile:
Original post by Ascari
Hi - would you mind telling me when did you apply?

Many thanks!

Hi :smile:
I applied beginning of December.
Original post by deilo

Cheers for your help!

I think we will wait 2 weeks from the initial offer for the official letter and specific conditions. You should be having an unconditional offer though :smile:
Reply 39
I think we will wait 2 weeks from the initial offer for the official letter and specific conditions. You should be having an unconditional offer though :smile:

Thanks for your answer. Turns out I have an conditional offer, where the conditions are to send in a hard copy of my original transcript and degree certificate, which should be no problem :wink:

Regarding the interview, I was asked following questions:

1. Do you think the roots of the current financial crisis can be found in the failure of regional monetary policy making?

2. If you could choose to be CEO of one company, which one would it be? Would you change anything to their strategy, and if yes, what and how would you change it?

3. General Questions - Why Imperial? Why economics and strategy? Talk me through your CV.

4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

5. What is your definition of a successful strategy?

The atmosphere of the interview was very good and it was a very interesting talk! Left a good impression of Imperial for me..

That was about it! Good Luck to all of you out there!

Quick Reply

Latest