The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Good idea. I always thought there should be one for passing your test too and i was gonna create one ages ago but there seems to be one now :biggrin:
Reply 2
Cortez
Good idea. I always thought there should be one for passing your test too and i was gonna create one ages ago but there seems to be one now :biggrin:

Heh, about time 'eh? :biggrin: Could you report this post and have it stickied?
Reply 3
I'm afraid I did pass eventually but it was after a 3-major fail and a 2-major fail and a cancellation (fog)...in the first test I got a major and 4 minors for driving too slowly (wtf?) and in the second I tried to drive through a red light! HIGH FIVE!

At least I failed in style.

xxx
Reply 4
WokSz
I passed first time - the only mistake I made (which the examiner said was not THAT bad, but that I should be careful) was not changing from 4th gear to 5th on the autoroute.

The Swiss have it easy with driving tests :p:

I failed twice, and in 9 hours I shall pass... yes, I shall...:eek:
Reply 5
:frown:
Reply 6
awww Jonathan! I scrolled down there thinking ooh did he do it did he do it...and saw that little sad face! :frown: Heartbreaking

Better luck next time :smile:
I failed 3 times.Oh wel. Passed now. It's all about the examiner. The male ones are better at passing you.
Reply 8
I've failed 3 times so far, takes the piss really and pretty much destroyed what little self confidence I had. 1st time got 5 minors for undue hesitation, 2nd time some idiot was tailgating me at 70 so I changed lane, got a major for 'lane discipline', 3rd time I got done on the same stretch of road for doing my mirror checks too quickly ;_; I've started taking lessons again after a 4 month break and intructor change, but I'm not optimistic about my next test. The funny thing is, I'm fine driving normally, it's just in the tests I lose my head.
Reply 9
Just failed my 2nd test today :frown: 2 serious and 15 :eek: minors. I thought I drove better than on my first test, but apparently not. Did have a harsh examiner (the 3 other people I know who've had tests with her , she failed too ) but still very, very annoyed.

Third time lucky?
Reply 10
I failed two tests. The first time I just screwed up, the second time the examiner was a moron, third time got the same examiner I had for my first test and passed.

The guy I had for my second test, my instructor had a student take three tests with the guy, first time he failed for a RRC, second time for pulling out in front of a car, third time he stopped for a parked car, the oncoming vehicle stopped and flashed him so he went.

The fourth test the same guy got a different examiner and passed with 2 minors. Bearing in mind he had no lessons between tests 2 - 4, I think it's ripping the piss.

The moral of the story, it doesn't mean a damn thing passing or failing, if you fail it's extremely annoying, but you'll pass one eventually so keep your chin up.
Reply 11
Its not the end of the world if you fail first time
Reply 12
Pooh I just failed my test today with 1 major and 1 minor (I clipped a door mirror when approaching a junction in a moment of madness, and knew I'd failed then). My instructor said that he hasn't had anyone get as few as 1 minor mistakes for about a year... but it's the majors that count :frown:
Reply 13
I failed today with 1 major (parallel park... the back of my car was sticking out) and 10 minors (heh, cutting it fine, eh?).

Retest soon.
Reply 14
I've failed 5 times so far, gt my 6th booked tho. i've failed for all sorts of things.
Firstly i failed cos i pulled out of my parrallel park to go at it again cos i was gonna hit the curb and the ******** examiner told me id abandoned the manouvre, next test i failed cos i went round a corner on a 60 road too fast, then i failed cos i almost took the back off a mercedes, i went over the top of the roundabout and on this test i got NO MINORS!! thats what pissed me off even more lol. even tho i knew id failed when i hit the roundabout. next test i failed cos a car that was over taking a parked car on the other side of the road stopped to give way to me even tho hed made the decision to pull out and last time i fialed because i was at the line for traffic lights and i stopped cos they turned to red and he failed me for not looking in my mirror that one time. *********! lol. Before you think i'm just a bad driver i rnt, my lessons always go perfectly btu i just et nervous on my tests. Although i have discovered rescue remedy which is meant to be a god send for ne nerves on test day! lol.
Reply 15
you dont sound like a bad driver thefreemc, just very unlucky! It's very inspiring that you haven't given up! Most people give up driving if they fail 3 times. Good luck for next time! :smile:
Reply 16
thefreemc
I've failed 5 times so far, gt my 6th booked tho. i've failed for all sorts of things.
Firstly i failed cos i pulled out of my parrallel park to go at it again cos i was gonna hit the curb and the arsehole examiner told me id abandoned the manouvre, next test i failed cos i went round a corner on a 60 road too fast, then i failed cos i almost took the back off a mercedes, i went over the top of the roundabout and on this test i got NO MINORS!! thats what pissed me off even more lol. even tho i knew id failed when i hit the roundabout. next test i failed cos a car that was over taking a parked car on the other side of the road stopped to give way to me even tho hed made the decision to pull out and last time i fialed because i was at the line for traffic lights and i stopped cos they turned to red and he failed me for not looking in my mirror that one time. arseholes! lol. Before you think i'm just a bad driver i rnt, my lessons always go perfectly btu i just et nervous on my tests. Although i have discovered rescue remedy which is meant to be a god send for ne nerves on test day! lol.

That should have been a minor. Appeal, I'd say.
Reply 17
girlpants
you dont sound like a bad driver thefreemc, just very unlucky! It's very inspiring that you haven't given up! Most people give up driving if they fail 3 times. Good luck for next time! :smile:

Cheers, i'm sure i'll do it this time! lol. although i've sed that everytime. haha.
Good luck, thats what its all about really, i think i was just lucky on the day!!
Reply 19
thefreemc sounds like he had a harsh examiner on his last test. Keep at it, you'll pass one eventually.