The Student Room Group

UCAS Firm and Insurance

Hey, I accepted my firm and insurance on UCAS less than 14 days ago (so I can ring up UCAS and change my choice).

I don't want to decline my offers, I just want to leave them blank so I can have another month to decide in case I do want to change them. I just think I was a bit hasty in replying.

But I was wondering...if I ring UCAS and ask to change my firm and insurance, what status does the application go back to? I just want it to go back to "reply to offers" but I'm scared that it will decline them.
Also, will the universities that I've already chosen take away my offers if I do phone UCAS to change my application?

There is probably a large chance that I wil accept them as my firm and insurance again, but, as I said, I just need a bit more time to decide, in case I choose to apply to a different course through extra. But I really don't want to jeopardize my chances with these two unis.

I've applied to York as my firm, and Leicester as my insurance by the way.
Any help would be much appreciated! :smile:
You are unable to go back to undecided.

UCAS will only allow you to change which unis your firm/insurance are, so hurry up and decide before the 14 day deadline!

You should not have rushed in the first place though :s-smilie:

Also your offers will not be declined unless you ask UCAS to decline them, and because it has not been 14 days you do not need to contact the unis as the decision is not official until after 14 days :smile: so don't worry

Latest