The Student Room Group

English Speaking Universities in the Netherlands

I am just getting started looking for a Masters program. I am looking to go to Iceland for postgraduate studies. Does anyone know any specifics about English speaking programs or specific recommendations of Universities there? I am looking for a good program in social sciences, health, or environmental studies. Looking for good program, but not terribly expensive. If there are any other Scandinavian countries you can recommend with English programs that would really help! Thank you!
ogerrobh
I am just getting started looking for a Masters program. I am looking to go to Iceland for postgraduate studies. Does anyone know any specifics about English speaking programs or specific recommendations of Universities there? I am looking for a good program in social sciences, health, or environmental studies. Looking for good program, but not terribly expensive. If there are any other Scandinavian countries you can recommend with English programs that would really help! Thank you!

Iceland is not in the Netherlands. Iceland is not in Scandinavia. Postgraduate studies at HI (University of Iceland) are just about non-existent. It is possible to study in English both in the Netherlands and in countries actually in Scandinavia, although it is somewhat dependant on your area of study.
Reply 2
Correction: I am looking in both the Netherlands and Scandinavia. I really want to spend time in Iceland and was hoping someone knew of any postgrad English programs there. Or recommendations for English speaking programs (regardless of area of study) at Universities within these two regions. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Reply 3
The Dutch universities offer a lot of MA-courses in English. It would be best if you just had a look at their websites because there are too many courses to list here. Our universities are normally regarded as being equal in terms of quality and such, although there are certain courses for which a particular university is better known but it's not a big issue like it sometimes is in the UK. If you get the opportunity, visit the universities that offer courses you like, so you can see which university or town suits you best.
ogerrobh
Correction: I am looking in both the Netherlands and Scandinavia. I really want to spend time in Iceland and was hoping someone knew of any postgrad English programs there. Or recommendations for English speaking programs (regardless of area of study) at Universities within these two regions. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ok, well postgraduate study on Iceland is generally in Icelandic. To be honest we can't tell you where or what to study - you really ought to look into with some of your own research.

Latest

Trending

Trending