The Student Room Group

Middle Easterners...

Scroll to see replies

Derren
LOL at all of that. It just gets so annoying sometimes, they bust out Nancy Arjam songs in the middle of the street and I'm like "shouldn't you be watching ZEE TV"?

You should see my housemate's cousin.... I cannot go downstairs, without the same flipping conversation arising everytime...

"You Arab yeah...innit... my friend knows Nancy...yeah he does... habibi yeah... he's her cousin... and he's like my cousin... we are cuz...yeah habibi dah..." :no:
Reply 41
According to the pakistani caste system, my caste are apparently immgrants from arabia way back 100's years ago into india ( which that part is now pakistan) , how true is that i don't know.. Ah well, anyways i can still pretend.
Reply 42
Middle Eastern women are beautiful. I want to marry one. Anyone up for it?
Reply 43
Nizzay!

Who doesn't. :p:
Nizzay!

Send me your sales pitch....:woo:
Sushidelight
You should see my housemate's cousin.... I cannot go downstairs, without the same flipping conversation arising everytime...

"You Arab yeah...innit... my friend knows Nancy...yeah he does... habibi yeah... he's her cousin... and he's like my cousin... we are cuz...yeah habibi dah..." :no:

LOL :lol:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 46
Sushidelight
Send me your sales pitch....:woo:

I'm off to the gym now. I'm working on a killer body... :biggrin:

Z_Ahmed
Who doesn't. :p:

There hard to find. I need to convince my parents too if I were to marry one. Shouldnt matter should it? Same religion which is most important.
Reply 47
lechaton-x
I'm not Arab, but my inbox is constantly flooded with PMs asking 'r u arab bbe?!' :wink:

Noticed you're applying for Exeter - it's amazing! I'm 3 weeks into 1st year and wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
(Sorry for hijacking the thread:smile:)
Nizzay!
I'm off to the gym now. I'm working on a killer body... :biggrin:

Update in like 6 months, unless you turn out to be that dude Adonis ... then don't bother. :biggrin:

New song, Carole Samaha...

There are no depths I will not sink, in order to avoid work. No wonder he left her... shlon annoying, over-dramatic, psycho.
(edited 13 years ago)
Sushidelight

* My ethnicity is mixed: Arab, Kurd, Turk & Persian. Luckily for me, they all LOVE each other so much, no conflicts, no problemos...[sarcasm] :biggrin:

can't imagine the emotional turmoil you must go through, not knowing which part of yourself hates the other more.
Reply 50
Iraqi here :smile: surprised to see so many
Dirac Delta Function
can't imagine the emotional turmoil you must go through, not knowing which part of yourself hates the other more.

Eee walla, still it could be worse... not sure how, but it could be. :cry2:
Half Palestinian.
Sushidelight
Pshh. A tad on the harsh side....!! Yet this does remind me of a certain part of this:

But I'm not saying the other poster is like this, be nice!

Pakistani's were using words like "yalla", "akhi" and "habibi" in their regular conversations. The tea towel scarf was now being worn with the shalwar kameez

I'm British ethnic Afghan/pashtun+hazara ( one nationality sucks but hey :p: )
I read that and think it's amusing but mostly moronic.

A lot of muslims use the words 'akhi' etc due to the whole language of the Q'uran being in arabic and a sense of muslim identity. I don't know about urdu but if it's like pashto then there are words that are similar/ just derived from arabic so poor attack on the pakistanis. :rolleyes:

The 'tea towel scarf' isn't just for arabs or Taliban wannabes. It doesn't represent anything much here. Wearing it doesn't mean you're trying to be anything.

:p: I know you didn't write it but I thought I'd justify it on the few Pakistani friend's I have behalves.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 54
Sushidelight
Update in like 6 months, unless you turn out to be that dude Adonis ... then don't bother. :biggrin:

New song, Carole Samaha...

I'm just going for a athletic type body, fairly defined etc. Main thing I'm after is a decent set of abs.
starsdream2

The 'tea towel scarf' isn't just for arabs or Taliban wannabes. It doesn't represent anything much here. Wearing it doesn't mean you're trying to be anything.

Nah, generally it's worn by Hezbollah fanboys and middle class students who want to free Gaza. W'allah :wink:
There are two Saudi guys down the corridor... They're really quiet and dont speak much English. Should I try and talk to them more?
Democracy
That is so true, who wrote that?

Heres where it came from:

http://the-alif-team.blogspot.com/

Further work includes...

Chavistani's Demand Independence

Patel, a graduate from the Chavistani School of Sickness more popularly known as the University of East London and organiser of tomorrow’s march recently drew up proposals outlining which parts of the UK should be ceded to the CLF. The proposals took longer than expected, with senior members confusing a map of Argentina with that of the UK.

Singh: Bruv, there aint a bo-nnies aei-eh-ries in England, man.
Patel: Mans no nutting bout Geography..i got an E in ma GCSE bruv..give me tha map innit.
Singh: Raa...bruv, mans a genius...i got a G innit..
Patel: Izzit..haha..g fo g-unit.

Hahaha...
Democracy
Nah, generally it's worn by Hezbollah fanboys and middle class students who want to free Gaza. W'allah :wink:

Lol. Here in Birmingham it's by people who are ' repping Taliban innit' mostly Pakistanis chav boys who assume you have links if you're pashtun. That sadly is a true story :p:
TomInce6666
There are two Saudi guys down the corridor... They're really quiet and dont speak much English. Should I try and talk to them more?

Erm...only if you want to. Have you introduced yourself to them yet? You could surprise them by saying the following, next time you see them...

Ahlan wa sahlan, keaf al hal

(Hello/Welcome ... how are you)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending