2. Further Maths + Chemistry
4. Physics

A2:
1. Maths
2. Physics
3. Further Maths
4. Chemistry
Reply 25
Hmm, for me difficulty is largely proportional to how unenjoyable something is.

Hence, in order of most difficult (1) to least difficult (5) this is how it goes:

1. Chemistry - Cannot emphasise enough how crap it is.
2. Physics - Love it for the most part but electricity in Unit 1 infuriates me, majorly.
3. Further Maths - There are some difficult concepts to grasp which are never introduced in GCSE or conventional GCE Maths, nevertheless, the sheer genius of it all just compensates for the difficulty.
4. Music - I am very competent theoretically in Music aswell as literally when it comes to writing comparitive essays so naturally this isn't one of my weak points. Plus I just generally love Music :smile:
5. Maths - The best subject. Ever.

I don't really like practical Science, I'm much more of a "pen and paper" person.
(edited 13 years ago)
Physics (ewwwwwwww)
Chemistry
Maths
Biology
Reply 27
Hardest to easiest:

Further Maths : Couldn't find any tutor to help me with my problems here. That is why a bit tough.

Physics and Maths were quite easy. Not much of a problem.
1.chemistry would have been easy if it wasnt 4 our unqualified sir HATE HIM :mad:
the rest are easy:smile:
Reply 29
Chemistry & Biology (easiest) + I have the best teachers in the world for these two :teeth:
Maths = I like it but i dont concentrate on it as much

Physics = hardest subject in the world. I wished I didnt take it in the first place. But I didnt want to drop it because giving up is for losers :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
A2
Chemistry
Maths
Physics.
History - my essay writing skills are just awful
Politics - ideologies this year, not liking it, miss all the Parliament and Supreme Court stuff!
English Literature - okay, a lot of freedom in terms of coursework, which is nice.

Had you asked me last year:

Maths - I spent half the year crying into my books becaus it was so hard. Never again. Also, instead of using actual numbers and numeracy, you spend a good chunk of the course finding the damned value of x.
History - big jump from GCSE. And every time I did something wrong in an essay, my teacher would have no problems in pointing it out, but when I asked her WHAT I did wrong, she never told me. No wonder the whole classs got crap marks! We never knew what we were doing wrong!
English Lit/Politics - pretty easy, no revision for English and I got a B!
Original post by conzag123
Physics (it confuses me)
Chemistry
French
Spanish
Further Maths

tbh, i'm finding these no trouble reeli except physics :/

you just need to step back from it. physics is basically a cut down version of maths. a lot of the time you can simply look at the units and work out what equations to use. and you get (or ar least we did) a very useful formula booklet.

seriously as soon as you start on past papers and think about it logically it'll become one of your easiest subjects
Accounting :frown:
Maths
Biology
Chemistry
Reply 34
1) Physics
2) Additional Further Maths (AS)
3) Further Maths
4) Economics
5) Maths
6) General Studies
Chemistry
Further Maths
Physics
Maths
Reply 36
Hardest to easiest:

History :ashamed2:
Psychology :banghead:
English Lit & Lang :cute:
Biology :love:
1. Politics. Purely for the exam technique, I physically cannot write fast enough >,< But it's easy enough otherwise.
2. Chemistry. Not hard, but I seem to forget it easily xD
3. Biology. Just memorisation.
4. Maths. Did most of it last year in the FSMQ, so it's just revision at the moment.
(edited 10 years ago)
Hardest to easiest:

AS: History, French, Sociology, English Lang

A2: English Lang, Sociology, French

Haha, the tables have well and truly turned for English! :p:

Latest