The Student Room Group

London Treasurers' Graduate Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Failed
Reply 21
Hi I haven't received an email, but when I log on my status has changed to invited to assessment centre, anyone else?
Reply 22
Hey sun dog, I heard I got through to AC today, fingers crossed for you!
Reply 23
I'm through to the AC as well! I was absolutely convinced I was out after that telephone interview.

Congrats Reb and Saries, good luck with your ACs. And I'm sorry to hear that ah07171, I hope you have better luck on another scheme.
Reply 24
Hey guys,

How's the preparation going for the AC? Which dates are you booked in for?
Reply 25
Hi guys,

Anybody attending on the 24th, Lewisham? What presentation questions did you guys receive?

My question - “What are the key strategic challenges that currently face local government finance?”

Anyhoo...good luck.
Reply 26
My assessment is next Tuesday in Dagenham. I've got the same question and been finding it quite difficult to research so far.
Reply 27
I was there on the 24th sultanics, were you morning or afternoon?

How's everybody found the AC so far?
Reply 28
Anyone down for Friday??
Reply 29
Thought it went ok sun dog. Was pretty challenging cramming it all into the time period but wasn't too bad I thought. weren't as many people there as I thought there would be.
How bout you?
Reply 30
I thought the day itself wasn't too bad, quite intense, but I'm not happy with how I did, I just made a lot of stupid mistakes, just the way it goes sometimes.:dontknow:

Do you know how many people were at the ACs overall? I'm guessing that it was 10-15 people each session over 3-4 days?

Also do you know what happens next if we're successful? I know it's interviews with the Boroughs, but does that mean we've got a job and they're just placing us or can we still be unsuccessful after them?
Reply 31
Not too sure about the next stage. There were three assessment days and I know there were 20 in total on Tuesday but not sure about the others. I would have thought they were similar though. I made some pretty stupid mistakes like not finishing exercises in time. Forgot to bring a watch:angry:

Do you know how many trainees they're taking on?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 32
I think she said there were 14-16 vacancies last year, although I can't remember if she told us a definite figure for this year.

I did exactly the same - I decided I couldn't afford to buy a watch just for a half day AC, but then I properly messed up on my numerical test because I had my back to the clock. And I also had presentation "issues" but I won't go into that! Oh well, there's always next year!

Fingers crossed for everybody waiting to hear btw, what are the chances we'll find out today do you reckon?
Reply 33
Pretty slim tbh. Think we'relooking at at least another week

Also don't think anyone did too well on the numerical.l was pretty time consuming
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 34
Oh dear, my application page has been updated bu no further details given. This has never been a good sign before :frown:
Reply 35
Got through to the final interviews for my 2 preferred boroughs. Delighted with that, just hope I don't muck up the interview. Good luck anyone still waiting
Reply 36
Same here, congratulations!

How did you choose which your preferred boroughs were? I was caught a bit off guard with the rating on the day, as I thought we would be doing it at a later date, so I hadn't done my research properly. As a result there's definitely one of my interviews I would prefer over the other!
Reply 37
I really don't know too much about the individual boroughs but I sort of knew which areas I wanted.to live/work after talking to friends. After three or four boroughs I didn't have a clue so just put them down in any random order
Reply 38
I was exactly the same! I feel like I should have been a bit more scientific, but I suppose wherever we get placed (assuming interview success) there'll be a decent amount of work to do.

Speaking of which I don't suppose anybody's got any idea what the chances of success/rejection at the borough interviews are? I don't even really know what they're looking for at these interviews, surely passing the AC means they think we can do the job, so is it just a case of explaining why you applied to them as a borough?
Reply 39
Really don't have a clue about what they're looking for in these interviews. Hope it's more about whether you'll fit in the borough. I didn't really care which borough I work at as long as I got a borough

Quick Reply

Latest