The Student Room Group

What's your pre-exam ritual?

What's your pre-exam ritual? Do you always do something in particular? Do you have a lucky charm?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Outside the exam room there is a huge tree. I take out a leaf from that tree, cleanse my hands with it. It's as if mother nature is wishing me luck!

I do realise how tardy I sound! haha
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Yeah. A night of frantic revision, then over sleeping, getting a taxi, and running into the exam 5 minutes late, only to have every sigh about how typical the situation is.
Reply 3
Re-check notes and take a swig of water! :biggrin:
Panic -> cramming -> more panic -> more cramming -> giving up and hoping for the best.
make sure i know which notes ive put on which side of my pockets......
Teach :smile: My classmates call me Google, because they believe that I know everything (False. I just enjoy staying ahead of the syllabus) so the morning of an exam is usually filled with me tutoring friends, classmates, complete strangers, literally anyone who asks me to.
I don't mind. I've realised that I understand things a lot better once I explain them. Explaining them just before an exam is a great way of reinforcing the concepts!

Oh yeah, and milk. Milk and Coco Pops are a must on exam day, for reasons beyond my comprehension. Then lots of cold water, wishing 'Best of luck' to people whose names I don't even know, and praying that I get an A.
Reply 7
I always have some tic tacs before I go in...make sure to call at the shop on the way to school to buy a pack! And I just wait quietly to go in, wish people luck and remember that it isn't the end of the world!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Generally the morning of an exam is me doing my utmost not to be physically sick.

I've been doing exams for almost a decade. I started with my SATs, 11+, GCSEs, A-levels, BA, MSc... and now I am doing professional qualifications. Not once in that time have I actually felt good on the morning of an exam.
I find making sure I revise well rather than relying on a 'lucky charm' is always a winner.
Masturbation.
bribe all invigilators....:biggrin:
I drink chamomile tea the night before and have a berrocca on the morning of the exam to keep my energy up
Reply 13
I make sure I have everything I need.
Then I eat a banana (I demand my Mom buys enough of them to get me through exams, I will even have 2 bananas if I have two exams the same day).
Reply 14
Take a long hot bath and go to bed early.
Rock back and forth in the dark in the foetal position, praying to the ghost of Tom Denning for mental strength and knowledge.

I am unsure of how wise this was. I will find out within week.
cram it in the night before!
Morning exam I get there about half an hour in the library and talk to people in the library, for an afternoon exam I get there about an hour early and talk to people in the library :biggrin:
PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by KythingToWrite
Teach :smile: My classmates call me Google, because they believe that I know everything (False. I just enjoy staying ahead of the syllabus) so the morning of an exam is usually filled with me tutoring friends, classmates, complete strangers, literally anyone who asks me to.
I don't mind. I've realised that I understand things a lot better once I explain them. Explaining them just before an exam is a great way of reinforcing the concepts!

Oh yeah, and milk. Milk and Coco Pops are a must on exam day, for reasons beyond my comprehension. Then lots of cold water, wishing 'Best of luck' to people whose names I don't even know, and praying that I get an A.

my pre-exam ritual was to try and learn a 6month worth of syllabus from someone like you in about 25minutes lol...

Quick Reply