The Student Room Group

The Legend of Zelda Society

The Legend of Zelda Society

Just a place to talk about the series as I can't seem to find a similar thread. Any takers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Same game different graphics. NEXT

Sarcasm aside, I do love this game ever so much. Played twilight princess on the gamecube instead of wii, infact, i think i might have to play it again now the summer has started. This thread has totally reminded me how much spare time i have now.
Reply 2
Oh.Em.Gee.Best.Game.Ever.

I love The Legend of Zelda dearly, brings up fond memories of watching my brothers play and never letting me have a turn. So I used to sneak in and play their saved-games when they were out :biggrin:. Ocarina is clearly the best, but TwiPri was very, very good IMO. Got loads of gameplay outta that.

I bought a Wii last year just for the pure fact I wanted to play Twilight Princess with the WiiMote. After I completed that and Tomb Raider (one of my other favourites) I sold the games and the Wii.
I never finished Ocarina of Time because I didn't want it to end. :cry:
Reply 4
Remember that time Link generically saved that princess?

Really made me think.
This brings back so many memories, I LOVED those games!
The oracle of the seasons for gameboy colour was amazing, god there was so much to do. All zelda games have so much to do.
Reply 6
vander Beth

yeah, I had this feeling too. Same with Majora's Mask.
Reply 7
vander Beth

Are you sure you just weren't good enough? :wink:
ben_stretch
Are you sure you just weren't good enough? :wink:

:colonhash:

Though I never did get anywhere in Link's Awakening on the Gameboy. I just wandered around the forest and the beach...
YES! I only ever played the N64 version though, really (Ocarina of Time). But I liked it. I was much better at it when I was younger though, my friend and I tried it out recently and we were so ashamed at how inept we were.

I have Epona's Song on my ipod - how cool am I??
vander Beth
:colonhash:

Though I never did get anywhere in Link's Awakening on the Gameboy. I just wandered around the forest and the beach...

This was the first zelda game i played!
my brothers managed to get to the egg at the end, but i could never get beyond level 6
ahh well :p:
onthejubileeline

I have Epona's Song on my ipod - how cool am I??

Everyone knows Minuet of Forest was the best song. :talkhand:
Reply 13
OOT is major reminiscing for me every time I play it. I love that game, definitely the best out of them all I think.
vander Beth
Everyone knows Minuet of Forest was the best song. :talkhand:

No! Windmill song! Dah dah dah, dah dah dah....etc. Tune!
*Joins*

It astounds me how some games can be this good with so much genius,thought,creativity and time gone into making it but others (mostly movie-tie-ins) can be so utterly crap.

I have completed Twilight Princess and Wind Waker and I am right at the end of Ocarina of Time (Ganon's Castle). I would complete it today but I can't find the N64-Tv cable. So I have ordered it off Ebay and it should come tomorrow.
Buster_Bunny
This was the first zelda game i played!
my brothers managed to get to the egg at the end, but i could never get beyond level 6
ahh well :p:

Seriously, I never got past level one. :P

But this thread made me nostalgic, so I got the Legend of Zelda ROM. I will probably get Link's Awakening later.
Reply 18
t3h_y0u553f
*Joins*

It astounds me how some games can be this good with so much genius,thought,creativity and time gone into making it but others (mostly movie-tie-ins) can be so utterly crap.

I have completed Twilight Princess and Wind Waker and I am right at the end of Ocarina of Time (Ganon's Castle). I would complete it today but I can't find the N64-Tv cable. So I have ordered it off Ebay and it should come tomorrow.

Speaking of Wind Waker, there's never any love for it. I thought it was a brilliant game, one of my favourites easily, but you never really hear people praising it.

Don't get me wrong, it's all about OoT, but WW was still a great new direction to take the game in, if only for a single installment and a couple of spin-offs.

Cheers for that.

Quick Reply

Latest