The Student Room Group

HBJ Gateley Wareing LLP - assessment centre?

Has anybody applies to this firm ?

There is no information on their website about whether they hold the assessment centre as part of the interview...

I would greatly appreciate if somebody could write me whether that's the case, or they only invite for interview without the assessment centre.
Reply 1
I'm just applying now - thought I missed the deadline, but apparently not! This is what it says in the grad brochure:

"The recruitment process
We operate a rigorous selection process and applicants
should have (or expect to obtain) a 2:1 degree, hold
positions of responsibility at work or university and
already have a track record of achievement.
Commercially minded, you will also possess excellent
interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
We hold a series of assessment sessions during which
we test competencies and talk with you about your
aspirations and interests. This is also an opportunity
for you to meet partners and people who have already
trained with us and find out what it’s like to work for us
from people who are already here.
Diversity is at the heart of our culture and we welcome
people from all walks of life. We know that a diverse
workforce reflects our client base and we value the
different skills and experience from people of all
backgrounds and ages. Our number one priority
is finding the best talent.
Please take a look at other law firms and find out what
they are offering too. If you then decide we are the firm
for you we look forward to hearing from you
."

... and in the FAQs:
"For graduates applying for a summer vacation placement, we will contact successful applicants following the closing date for applications and invite you for interview. Following the interview, we will invite people who have been successful to spend a placement with us during the summer when you will be formally assessed. For graduates applying directly for a training contract, we will contact successful candidates following the closing date for applications."

Hope that helps!
Reply 2
Thanks a lot !
So it seems that there are no tests once you get the interview..
Reply 3
I have received an interview slot with hbj for a summer placement and on receiving my information pack through the post today, it would seem the interview lasts for 1hr 30mins with a 35 minute group exercise. There is an assesment brief included to allow you to prepare.

Not sure if this helps, it does not specify how the remainder of the time is used, however i presume it is a HR one to one interview.

Hope this helps! Any hints and tips you could send my way would be appreciated!
Reply 4
Hi

I'v also received a letter inviting me to attend a group assessment. However no mention of a seperate interview has been given. Is this the case for you all?

Regards
Reply 5
I have been invited to assessment day as well. It would appear it is only for the group task and not a seperate interview. I think they use the group task to sift through a lot of people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending