The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Give it to a charity shop.
Just give it to someone else, or give it to a charity shop or something im sure they would appreciate it.. thats only if you spend a couple of pounds on it. Otherwise pop it up on Ebay.
Reply 22
Original post by JohnC2211
You're kidding! The postage and packaging would be worth more than the item of clothing!

Never know, many times I've seen people pay more for something than it's worth.
Reply 23
You could try saying it was a present and it didn't fit? :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by 2_plus_X_equal_me
I attempted in purchasing my first primark 7-8months ago rather than my normal branded Gstar Nike Adidas etc.
And i don't want to wear it in public. The tag still on it, so can i return it?

Why so desperate to return an item when you can (apparently) afford Gstar, Nike and Adidas?
Original post by Nick Longjohnson
This.

How poor are you?

I'm a guy (17yr old) the jacket/jumper what ever the fk the thing is was bought for £25,oo.
And I'm not poor i race in super1 rotax max seniors £20,ooo a round (month) galore sponsors me/parents £ . I also work 24hrs per week (week-ends) along side my college at a rate of £6.70ph, you do the maths. Not to mention the audi TT i own (repaying my mum at a rate of £200pm).
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by yothi5
Why so desperate to return an item when you can (apparently) afford Gstar, Nike and Adidas?

Err fool cause i want my money back for something i have never wanted and wont use. Was just a i never wanted to come home from whitgift (Croydon) and decided to clear my old bank account with hsbc which only had (£700-£800) in it. Before i opened my new bank account which i started up before starting my new job with team-sport motor sport.

Also i was thinking about treating myself to a practice session at daytona sandown (Dmax) (£55 for 25minutes) whilst I'm waiting for a replacement for my debit card. It's not like i keep large amounts of cash in my parents house, because i would have spent it on something stupid (night out) before i found anything of good use, to spend the £ on.
Original post by x_iMANII
Just give it to someone else, or give it to a charity shop or something im sure they would appreciate it.. thats only if you spend a couple of pounds on it. Otherwise pop it up on Ebay.

I tried ebay a few months ago. Tried selling my Tony kart EVR which i used in a previous year in super1. All i can say my paypal account got limited with around £2,000 in from previous + kart sale. I had to wait around 180 days before i could withdraw my money. All because a previous buyer was bitching because he thought he bought a set of 'NEW' dunlop kart tyres when it was clear that i advertised the product as USED!
Original post by NuclearFusion
Give it to a charity shop... that's if they accept it..

Oh hilarious, Not. I think i have given enough to charity this year. I already gave them all my books and plus worked for british heart foundation in streatham, whilst gaining some experience in retail/ improving my CV.
Did help me secure a job though down the line. Happy days.
Reply 29
It's usually a month, 7-8 is waaay too long.
Its the truth though, when someone calls me poor I won't take it lightly.
And i won't mind wearing there plain black jeans for work though. As they are only £10 plus i got reimbursed by my manager.
Anyway I only backed up the truth with pure facts, Don't like insulted.

Also most people get mocked for wearing primark in my college. Plus who likes wearing something that loads of people now have due to recent sales. ?

My opinion:

The people at your college sound like a-holes.

Does the clothing look nice? Is it so unbearably ugly that you cannot wear it anywhere outside or is it just the fear of being judged by the people at your college? The clothing is 7-8 months old now, people shouldn't recognise it as a Primark make since not a lot of people will be wearing it. If you like it then wear it. Simple. Fudge the haters.

Anyway to answer your original question, no it cannot be returned.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Henwin
And how badly do you need £3.50?

lol were did you get that figure from. Would like to let you know you girls have it easy when it comes to clothing as your **** is always far cheaper compared to males clothing even in the trainers department. The formula i would use to calculate male clothing would be (Y x 2 - 5) *joke*.
Reply 32
Its the truth though, when someone calls me poor I won't take it lightly.
And i won't mind wearing there plain black jeans for work though. As they are only £10 plus i got reimbursed by my manager.
Anyway I only backed up the truth with pure facts, Don't like being insulted.

Also most people get mocked for wearing primark in my college. Plus who likes wearing something that loads of people now have due to recent sales. ?

So how can they tell that something is from Primark? A lot of their clothes look very similar to clothes from other high-street shops...
Original post by Lintu93
So how can they tell that something is from Primark? A lot of their clothes look very similar to clothes from other high-street shops...

Loads of the A2 students and few of the AS students (including) my one of mates work at primark. They can smell primark from a mile off. Plus the thing i bought is very distinctive and i have seen a few students wear the same thing i bought.
Reply 34
Reading this thread all I see is vanity.

Seriously at the end of the day what difference is there to wearing a pair of Primark jeans instead of a pair of over-priced designer jeans?

People pay for the brand name far too often, which is just stupid. If people really would judge you for wearing Primark I would say that they should find something more constructive to do with their time.
(edited 12 years ago)
Chances are you have to return within 28 days. Check the conditions (usually on the back of the receipt).
Reply 36
Original post by ilovehobnobs
Every store in the UK has a 28 day returns policy...

every primark sore you mean?

John Lewis has an unlimited time for returns, as long as you have the receipt.
schuh has a 365 day return as long as you have receipt and haven't been worn.
Reply 37
If you have that much money why the hell are you bothered with £25? Why did you buy it in the first place if it was from Primark when you seem to hate the place? Cut it up and make a duster to clean you car windscreen :tongue:
Original post by Doskey
If you have that much money why the hell are you bothered with £25? Why did you buy it in the first place if it was from Primark when you seem to hate the place? Cut it up and make a duster to clean you car windscreen :tongue:

I tend to consider £20+ as money worth fighting for :smile:.