The Student Room Group

Do Asian people view white people in the same way white people view chavs?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by A100whoo
I'm asian and I can tell SOME do. Esp. the older generation that migrated to this country seem to have this ridiculous view :/

Would that be because their interactions with white people are limited?
Maybe these Asians should accept the society they live in.

Why expect conservative behaviour in a liberal and non-conservative society? :wink:
I'm asian and I can tell SOME do. Esp. the older generation that migrated to this country seem to have this ridiculous view :/

Having an opinion is ridiculous? India is a conservative society, what more can be expected?
Original post by ilovedesifems
Having an opinion is ridiculous? India is a conservative society, what more can be expected?

The opinion is ridiculous. No of course i agree, they've been brought up to have views like that which I think are ridiculous,
Original post by Harrifer

Most definitely. Its just stereotypes they've picked up from the media.
Original post by Harrifer

Most definitely. Its just stereotypes they've picked up from the media which havent been broken cause they dont know enough white people well enough. IMO anyway
The opinion is ridiculous. No of course i agree, they've been brought up to have views like that which I think are ridiculous,

What makes your beliefs any superior to theirs?
Reply 47
I guess I was quite naive, didn't think that a lot of these people look down upon my culture. Why would they chose to live here then? Doesn't bode well for assimilation.
The real question we should be asking is whether asian chavs exist :yep:
Reply 49
I see just as many Indian/Pakistani chavs as English chavs. As for shallow materialism, I would say Indians/Pakis are far worse than the English.
Original post by ilovedesifems
What makes your beliefs any superior to theirs?

I have a differing opinion, I don't like theirs, it doesnt mean I think their opinion is 'inferior'.
You and all other detractors in this thread have said otherwise. lol...
Reply 52
No I look up to the educated and cultured Englishman and his values and virtues greatly.
Reply 53
I don't hold that view. Being British Born Chinese I was brought up to accept both cultures
Chavviness is not a trait unique to white people.
Original post by Koobideh
I see just as many Indian/Pakistani chavs as English chavs. As for shallow materialism, I would say Indians/Pakis are far worse than the English.

In some cases, yep. I hate going to Bradford, the Asian chav boys there are DISGUSTING.
Reply 56
Most definitely. Its just stereotypes they've picked up from the media which havent been broken cause they dont know enough white people well enough. IMO anyway

Hmm, that sounds familiar. :rolleyes:
No, I view people as individuals because that's what they are.
No :facepalm:
Original post by Brutal Honesty
I am white. Things I associate with a chav: hyper-consumerism, shallow materialism, family breakdown, disrespect for parents/elders, sexually promiscuous, loud and aggressive etc. compared to the average person.

I'm pretty sure compared to Asian people white people would be viewed as having such traits since family breakdown, materialism, individualism, disrespect for parents etc etc. all are far more common among white people than Asians (including Chinese). Is this true? Do Asian people view white people as having these traits? Do they think negatively of white people as a result? Should white people look down on chavs if we're engaging in the same sort of behaviour as them but on a lesser scale?

no i don't and neither do my family lol, chavs exists in all races

Quick Reply