The Student Room Group

6th Years & Leavers :: Chat Thread #6 (fo' reals)

ITT: Talk about anything concerning 5th/6th year, applying to UCAS, College and Uni requirements and offers, Prefect/Head boy/Head girl duties, Essay and NAB deadlines, remembering those who chose to leave us temporarily and permanently, and general discussion about how Highers, Advanced Highers, and life in general are all going.

SQA Results 2009 (where it all began)
Chat Thread #1
Chat Thread #2
Chat Thread #3
Chat Thread #4
Chat Thread #5 (before moderator split)
Chat Thread #5 (after moderator split)

The previous thread has been torn asunder, its two parts locked away to protect mere mortals from the power they contain, and now we journey onward into the unknown. Join me, comrades!

This is Chat Thread #6. We've always been at war with Eastasia.

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does this mean a regular return of TUBs in the chat thread?! :eek:
Original post by rosie9391
Does this mean a regular return of TUBs in the chat thread?! :eek:

Probably not. :puppyeyes: I just felt it was a job for an old-timer.

Spoiler

We got a hold of a school yearbook from 2006-2007 today. That's the year we started school, and seeing all my mates' siblings and the folk I used to see around was just quite surreal, it doesn't feel like we were that far apart from them. Especially weird when I think that they've all been through uni and gotten jobs now...
Reply 4
Boundless sunshine and a new chat thread. Has Christmas joined summer in coming early?
If any of you kiddies are doing Higher English and studying The Cone Gatherers, you might be interested to know that the King's Theatre in Edinburgh is putting on a production of it in October. Now why would you want to pass up that opportunity? :wink:

(Probably applies more to those who might be doing it next year as seeing it on stage might help with remembering stuff).

Original post by Pedrobear
Boundless sunshine and a new chat thread. Has Christmas joined summer in coming early?

Love this guy :biggrin:
How in the name of spiderwebs did I miss this thread for over 48 hours? Poor showing, Danny.
Reply 7
Does anyone here have any advice for gaining an A in Higher History? I'm in 6th year and crashing it,I'm getting A's and B's but I need an A. Its the source work mainly and remembering it all that I'm struggling with.
Reply 8
I don't do History, but I stick short memorable facts (what happened after x, when was y) into a flashcard program like anki and go through them at the end of each day and it seems to work.
****in awful mood swings :frown:
Reply 10
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
If any of you kiddies are doing Higher English and studying The Cone Gatherers, you might be interested to know that the King's Theatre in Edinburgh is putting on a production of it in October. Now why would you want to pass up that opportunity? :wink:

I hate the Cone Gatherers. I'm hoping a question on other texts comes up so I don't have to do it in the exam.
Original post by closey95
I hate the Cone Gatherers. I'm hoping a question on other texts comes up so I don't have to do it in the exam.

Hate it!? I did it for Higher English last year, pumped out plenty of 25/25 essays on it - it's a really easy text to analyse, and actually found it to be a really interesting novel. One of my favourite works of fiction, actually. :love:
Reply 12
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Hate it!? I did it for Higher English last year, pumped out plenty of 25/25 essays on it - it's a really easy text to analyse, and actually found it to be a really interesting novel. One of my favourite works of fiction, actually. :love:

Oh no, I tend to do better with the Drama/Media texts compared to novels and poetry. I just got bored easily, then disgusted with the "doll bit" and I don't like obvious endings. That's just my opinion though, a lot of people in my class really enjoyed it.
Reply 13
man second semester uni always flies by. infact life seems like it is flying by. going to be 20 in a few months. dear oh dear.
Reply 14
Am I the only one terrified of leaving?!
Original post by aroy45

No. I can't wait till prom is finished and I never have to see those cretins again :tongue:
Original post by Dado Prso
man second semester uni always flies by. infact life seems like it is flying by. going to be 20 in a few months. dear oh dear.

Try graduating :wink: How's it going?
Reply 17
Original post by aroy45

im terrified too!
Reply 18
Original post by aroy45

You aren't the only one.. I've been so used to just getting up and plodding along to school everyday at the same time to meet the same people. I'm kinda terrified to leave but I'm also excited :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by TheUnbeliever
Try graduating :wink: How's it going?

things are going reasonably well. enjoying physics and some of the maths. struggling a bit with some parts of the maths course but hopefully i will get there. took astronomy as my outside course also, it has some interesting parts (black holes, supernova etc.) but has some boring parts also. astronomers seem to spend their lives measuring doppler shifts.

Yeah I find it insane that people in the year above me at school could graduate this year. What about yourself? Got any plans once it's all over?

Latest