The Student Room Group

Post a pic of your car

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by davidkp
Cheers buddy!

Tbf I quite like the 6 series, but I would not be able to live with that hidious back end.

You can't really compare a 6 series to an RX8, they are worlds apart, both have their benefits and disadvantages. What you can't say however is that one is better than the other in every aspect as catjaum has.

The 650i would be a really nice car to cruise along the motorway in if you can get past the looks, but the 630i just seems a bit useless, you can get the same engine in the 3 series. The only reason you would buy a 630i then would be if you were a bit of a poser. Trouble is, its **** ugly.

Yeah I agree with what you're saying about the 6 series, especially the 630i, I'd always pick a 330 over the 630, or to be honest the 130i M coupe if I was looking for a fun drivers car. The 3 litre straight six BMW engine is a fine engine, just not going to be fun in a big heavy car.

The 6 series is a grand tourer, not a sports car, so I'm not sure why catjaum was comparing it to the rx-8. Think he must be a poser!
Reply 181
Original post by catjaum
nope...the only reason to buy a 630i was the insurance.....no point buying anything more powerful at 21....

and...lol....poser.....coming from the guy who buys a boxster...wasn't there a cheaper porsche you could have got...oh wait....no thats the one.....

the only guys who buy a boxster are the ones that wanna brag about how they got a porsche....when they cant afford one.......i.e where the boxster fits right in

in the true sense of the word.....theres no bigger poser then you.....

You have just proved that you are indeed a poser then, because if you were limited to a car with that amount of power, and you wanted a good car to drive you would have got a 130i or 330i, or a different car altogether.

The boxster is actually a brilliant car, its got more power than your beemer, a quicker 0-60 time, a higher top speed, and most importantly, will out-handle your car through the bends.

There are actually cheaper Porsches than a 55 plate boxter. Your argument is highly flawed.

It seems you bought a 630i so you could brag about how you have a 6 series.

The guys that buy boxters are guys that want a very well handling drivers car but don't need to pay the extra for the 911's extra space and performance.

From what I've experienced in my area, the 6 series drivers seem to be trying to compensate for something.

Also mate, it's "than" not "then".
Reply 182
Agreed, the Boxster is a cracking car, always good fun giving them a run for their money up the back roads :biggrin:
Reply 183
Original post by persov
You have just proved that you are indeed a poser then, because if you were limited to a car with that amount of power, and you wanted a good car to drive you would have got a 130i or 330i, or a different car altogether.

The boxster is actually a brilliant car, its got more power than your beemer, a quicker 0-60 time, a higher top speed, and most importantly, will out-handle your car through the bends.

There are actually cheaper Porsches than a 55 plate boxter. Your argument is highly flawed.

the only porsche thats a 55plate and is cheaper then a boxster....would be a high mileage cayenne (the lame 4x4) :facepalm2: and its spelt "BOXSTER" ... dont think u even knew what car it was until i said it was a boxster...
It seems you bought a 630i so you could brag about how you have a 6 series.

The guys that buy boxters are guys that want a very well handling drivers car but don't need to pay the extra for the 911's extra space and performance.

LOLLLL....this actually made my day.....you couldnt suck up to this guy anymore if u tried...epic fail.....the 911 is in a totally different league to the boxster....its got nothing to do with "extra space" :facepalm2:

From what I've experienced in my area, the 6 series drivers seem to be trying to compensate for something.

what are these experiences you speak of....

Also mate, it's "than" not "then".

also its not "mate" ... i dont know you.....u sound like a loser tbh...

lastly you drive a mondeo

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1964626&page=5&p=37107469#post37107469

:facepalm2: ....you dont know anything about bmws....doubt you've even sat in one....

now stop spamming this thread.....its got nothing to do with my beema or his "porsche" .... can you not read?? it says..post a pic of your car....not annoy the guy with the beema...
Reply 184
wow.
You're the one that started off dissing other people's cars saying yours was better in every way. Seems like you are a poser and overcompensating for something.

Tell me, if you wanted such a brilliant drivers car, why did you choose the 630i.

The car I drive has nothing to do with this, so I don't know why you are bringing it up.

For your information, I have driven, and been driven in many different cars....Porsche's, Mercedes, BMWs, Lexus', Audi's, MG and a Ferrari 458.

This is meant to be a thread about posting pictures of your cars....quite correct, and discussing them. Not, trying to poke fun at other people because you seem to think you drive a better car. Who cares? I was just participating in a discussion about what is and isn't a drivers car.

A 630i isn't in the same league as a mx-5 or RX-8 in that regard. Yes its a good motorway cruiser and way of trying to show off. Not sure how much you spent on that, but most people in this thread would have bought a hell lot more of car for their money.
Reply 185

That's me reversing (no I can't be bothered to go and take photos and upload it).
Reply 186
clio.jpg

My lovely Clio :biggrin:
Reply 187
Original post by persov
Yeah I agree with what you're saying about the 6 series, especially the 630i, I'd always pick a 330 over the 630, or to be honest the 130i M coupe if I was looking for a fun drivers car. The 3 litre straight six BMW engine is a fine engine, just not going to be fun in a big heavy car.

The 6 series is a grand tourer, not a sports car, so I'm not sure why catjaum was comparing it to the rx-8. Think he must be a poser!

Spot on chap. Don't bother with Catjaum, I had a 'heated discussion' on here with him a couple of days ago. The posts got removed by TSR, I won't say any more on the matter, but needless to say you're assumptions of him are correct, and everyone who read those posts will know what I mean. I don't want to get into that business again though, so catjuam, just leave it be.
Reply 188
Original post by persov
wow.
You're the one that started off dissing other people's cars saying yours was better in every way. Seems like you are a poser and overcompensating for something.

Tell me, if you wanted such a brilliant drivers car, why did you choose the 630i.

The car I drive has nothing to do with this, so I don't know why you are bringing it up.

For your information, I have driven, and been driven in many different cars....Porsche's, Mercedes, BMWs, Lexus', Audi's, MG and a Ferrari 458.

This is meant to be a thread about posting pictures of your cars....quite correct, and discussing them. Not, trying to poke fun at other people because you seem to think you drive a better car. Who cares? I was just participating in a discussion about what is and isn't a drivers car.

A 630i isn't in the same league as a mx-5 or RX-8 in that regard. Yes its a good motorway cruiser and way of trying to show off. Not sure how much you spent on that, but most people in this thread would have bought a hell lot more of car for their money.

...furthermore, Catjaum is the only person in this thread not to have posted a picture of his car. Seems strange in a post a picture of your car thread? :confused: :cool:

So troll?
Reply 189
Original post by gbduo
...furthermore, Catjaum is the only person in this thread not to have posted a picture of his car. Seems strange in a post a picture of your car thread? :confused: :cool:

So troll?

yeah...cos i didnt up a pic of my car im a troll :facepalm2:
Reply 190
no no, just floating the idea.
Reply 191
Planting my foot in the MX5 whilst sat on the Motorway is the last thing i'd want to do. Boring.

Zipping around the A and B back roads through the countryside near me? Yep. Love it.

Let's see this 630i then. Gotta contribute to the thread if you're gonna post.
lol at the people trying to be funny, and getting no love
Reply 193
Original post by gbduo

So troll?

I'd rather not see a pic of a 6 series tbh.
Reply 194
Original post by davidkp
I'd rather not see a pic of a 6 series tbh.

we all know it's one ugly lump of metal.
Reply 195
Original post by persov
we all know it's one ugly lump of metal.

says the guy who drives a mondeo...LOLLL

your a funny guy
Original post by Wak0zak0
IMG00009-20110607-1537.jpg

My pride.

By any chance are you on ukmkivs.net or do you have a friend who drives an mk4 on that website?

i am pretty sure i've seen this in the 'youngest kid with the nicest car..' section
Reply 197
Original post by catjaum
says the guy who drives a mondeo...LOLLL

your a funny guy

Yeah, but the thing is I don't go round bragging that I have a car better in every-way than other people's cars. I bought it for its load carrying capacity, room inside the cabin and smooth suspension. Not only is it a great motorway cruiser that gives me about 50mpg, but for its size, handles very well on a and b roads, with firm responsive steering.

Anyway, I think most people will agree with me in that the 6 series back end looks worse than the mondeos, but I don't really give two ****s because I didn't buy that car to show off or because I have small willy syndrome, which appears to be the reason why you bought yours, and why you post the threads you do, and the pictures you do. (btw nice one of removing that ghastly picture you had in your sig)

I bought that car to serve a purpose, and it serves its purpose very well. Until my circumstances change, I can't afford to run two cars, and I can't be without a car of that size for work and leisure reasons.

All you seem to do is try (and fail) to put people down by poking fun at their cars, to try and make you feel better.

Poking fun at someone because they drive a Porsche Boxster is just hilarious, or an RX-8 or MX-5 for that matter. Go on Piston Heads please, it would just be too funny.
Reply 198
Original post by persov
Yeah, but the thing is I don't go round bragging that I have a car better in every-way than other people's cars.

stupid statement....u might want to look at who started bragging about their car first.....

I bought it for its load carrying capacity, room inside the cabin and smooth suspension. Not only is it a great motorway cruiser that gives me about 50mpg, but for its size, handles very well on a and b roads, with firm responsive steering.

great motorway cruiser...im mad jelly...seriously......u defo havent been on the motorway in a bmw or merc...

Anyway, I think most people will agree with me in that the 6 series back end looks worse than the mondeos, but I don't really give two ****s because I didn't buy that car to show off or because I have small willy syndrome, which appears to be the reason why you bought yours, and why you post the threads you do, and the pictures you do. (btw nice one of removing that ghastly picture you had in your sig)

hmm...small willy syndrome cos i got a 6 series.....but the guys who buy a 55 plate boxster dont :rolleyes:

fyi...the 6 series looks sikk.....

I bought that car to serve a purpose, and it serves its purpose very well. Until my circumstances change, I can't afford to run two cars, and I can't be without a car of that size for work and leisure reasons.

hence your reason for this pointless post.....its not my fault u own a mondeo....

All you seem to do is try (and fail) to put people down by poking fun at their cars, to try and make you feel better.

funny that...its pretty obvious u idiots keep poking fun at my car to make yourselves feel better....how could poking fun at a rx-8 possibly make me feel better in any way... :rolleyes: ......its a little something called retaliation......something which you clearly dont understand cos if you did you wouldn't have started with your faggot views towards the 6 series...

Poking fun at someone because they drive a Porsche Boxster is just hilarious, or an RX-8 or MX-5 for that matter. Go on Piston Heads please, it would just be too funny.

its getting kinda annoying now....the one who "started" this stupid argument by bigging up their car up as being sooo great was this dude...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1953080&page=7&p=37122094#post37122094

yet im the one being annoyed.......i wonder why :rolleyes:

and i dont know if your just ass licking the dudes here or your jealous of my car.....either way i dont care.....trying to poke fun at someone whos got a nice car....and saying they must have a small willy is a pretty childish and immature statement.....you need to grow up........you should try living in the real world.....it would be too funny....
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply