The Student Room Group

urgent help need

i messed up my MODULE 1 EXAM and got 53/105 (D on the dot) and am really feeling the pressure.

i need to ask as ihave AS courseowrk comming up what are the best ways yo answer the question, as these essays need to written in a much more structured and detailed way. any help would be grateful

also as i messed up module 1 which i should have got a A r at least B in what should i do. i know i will resit NEXT YEAR, but i really struggle in the exam as i revise a topic, and the questions really take me out.

so i need advice how to answer module 3 COursework questions and module 1 questions which should be easy. if i mess up my june exam and coursework i can say bye bye to histroy

and any specific details as you can see by the post that my english language is not the best and i know hisotry requires good language techniques.
Reply 1
i didnt do coursework at AS mate, but one thing i would say is, dont feel under too much pressure about the 53/105 you got, i got 51 on the same exam, and i'm re-sitting it in june, keep it out of your mind for now and dont let it effect your coursework, i would recommend re-sitting it, it wont actually take up much of your work time revising for it, i re-sat my european exam and without spending much time on revision got it from a D to a B,

When it comes to revision, dont bog yourself down with narrative, just try and remember the specific facts, and you can build an essay quite well.

sorry i cant help with the coursework side but i hope what i said helps.
Reply 2
sure does thanks a lot

one other thing, as i am doing russia 1855-1917. i TRY to revise all the details in there but when it comes to the exam i just dont know what the sources are about .

btw thanks again with the advice
Reply 3
the best thing to do is to ask your teacher, he or she should definately be able to help with exam preperation and revision techniques, plus past exams are always a good way to get a feel of the exam.
Reply 4
but what can i ask a teacher?

i think its not the preapersation but its what kinds of questions come up and how i revise.

its just for example the first question was ( i cant belive i still remember) what was the weak economic base in the context of russia in 1870 or sumfing.

this is questions which i found hard.

BTW THANKS FOR ADVICE
Reply 5
you could ask what questions will come up, most teachers are a bit mad and like to now exactly what questions have been used in recent exams and what ones are likely to come up, for example, our teacher told us in december that the treaty of versailles wasn't likely to appear in the janurary exams , and so not to spend as much time revising that, as for how to revise, it does differ between people but you could read through your class work, or make spider diagrams about specific questions ( like, causes of the first world war or causes of the 1917 February revolution, with the causes scattered around the title) it might sound daft but colour is good for revision notes, especially if you make the colours mean something, it helps to make things stick in your memory, at least that worked for me.
Reply 6
Hey there! Try not to worry about your mark too much. I got a D in my unit one exam that I did last January and was totally devastated about it as I thought I was going to fail history. However, I re-took in June and it went up to an A! My teacher said this was quite common as you improve so much between January and June in terms of your understanding and writing techniques etc.
As for the coursework, you should be getting some help from your teacher as to what you need to include. Also, look at the mark schemes for ideas of what to include. They'll probably be on the internet, Edexcels mark schemes definately are.
Hope this helps a bit, don't feel too down about it! Good Luck for the summer!
Reply 7
KgeoK
Hey there! Try not to worry about your mark too much. I got a D in my unit one exam that I did last January and was totally devastated about it as I thought I was going to fail history. However, I re-took in June and it went up to an A! My teacher said this was quite common as you improve so much between January and June in terms of your understanding and writing techniques etc.
As for the coursework, you should be getting some help from your teacher as to what you need to include. Also, look at the mark schemes for ideas of what to include. They'll probably be on the internet, Edexcels mark schemes definately are.
Hope this helps a bit, don't feel too down about it! Good Luck for the summer!

thanks for the advice m8, i have to concentrate more on the spec

and btw our teacher goes retits next janaury. is this a advantage or diadvantage for hisotry resit takers?
Reply 8
I wouldn't think it matters too much whether you take resits in June or January really. Could actually be better to take them next year as they'll seem a hell of a lot easier doing AS stuff in your A2 year!

Latest

Trending

Trending