The Student Room Group

Is There Anyone Here Who Doesn't Like Music?

Poll

Music and you.

I was chatting to someone recently like this. He said that music doesn't do anything for him, and he rarely remembers or enjoys songs. He said it wouldn't bother him if he never heard any music ever again. I find this difficult to imagine, but it must be fairly common. Do you? What's your relationship with music?

NB - Please don't move this to the 'music' forum, that would entirely defeat the object of the thread; noone who doesn't like music is going to be using the 'music' forum.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I feel sorry for people who don't like music.

Music is life.
Reply 2
2nd one for me
I like 80's music and pop songs and im a boy. Yes I have gay taste but I like certain types of music.
Reply 4
I :suith: music, couldn't cope without it.
Reply 5
I heard someone say they didn't like The Beatles, which is pretty much the same thing.
Punk Phloyd
I feel sorry for people who don't like music.

Music is life.

agreed
Reply 7
One can only imagine a world without music, though we'd probably get used to it after a while
I do enjoy listening to music, but it's not exactly a huge part of my life. I don't listen to it all the time (though quite a lot of the time when I'm online), but it would bother me if I never heard any again. One of my friends, however, refuses to listen to any music for religious reasons =). It's her choice obviously, but...I think that's a bit extreme =).
Reply 9
Medibot
One can only imagine a world without music, though we'd probably get used to it after a while

We'd never get used to it...well probably bang anythign we see just to make some sound!
MSB
I heard someone say they didn't like The Beatles, which is pretty much the same thing.

Haha. The quote in your sig is the reason why I could not imagine life without music.
The second option, personally. I think I've discussed this with you previously and my position has changed. Whilst I was previously somewhat indifferent to music, I've experimented more and began to enjoy it. It's not an essential part of my life, and I enjoy films more, but I like music.
MSB

You like The Beatles? :eek:

*MSB is no longer my favourite TSR user*
Reply 13
Glutamic Acid
The second option, personally. I think I've discussed this with you previously and my position has changed. Whilst I was previously somewhat indifferent to music, I've experimented more and began to enjoy it. It's not an essential part of my life, and I enjoy films more, but I like music.

Ha, I remember. The paragraph in the original post refers to you if you like :rolleyes:

Glutamic Acid
All except Theresa May, Shami Chakrabarti and Henry Paulson.

I was surprised you'd heard of Laura Marling and Carl Barat.
Reply 14
I love music, but I wouldn't say "music IS life". That's pretty much spitting in the faces of the deaf.
Reply 15
Someone said that to me at some point recently - I don't understand it at all. Even if you don't play yourself, music is amazing.
Reply 16
I listen to music pretty much all of the time. I definitely do love listening to a brilliant song :biggrin: I actually can't imagine what it would be like to never heard music again..
Democracy
You like The Beatles? :eek:

*MSB is no longer my favourite TSR user*

You don't like The Beatles? :eek:
MSB

So true.
Reply 19
Somewhere between the 1st and 2nd option but I don't like melodrama, so I voted for #2.

Latest

Trending

Trending