The Student Room Group
Reply 1
epi - external;

endo - internal;

basically. I hope I got that the right way around. In what context are you using the terms?
Reply 2
the epithelium is the outer layer of say a root, and the endothelium is the inner layer of the root, this goes for arteries skin etc
Reply 3
I thought epidermis is the outer layer of roots, and endodermis is the inner layer?

Can you interchange the term -thelium and -dermis?
Reply 4
nope u cant, im wrong ur right
Reply 5
the_catcher
nope u cant, im wrong ur right

:champ: YES!!! Score one for me!!!!!

J/K :rolleyes: :biggrin:
Reply 6
Thanx for the help guys.

snmichaels - I was using them in the context of fluid being filtered through the gaps between endothelial cells in the capillaries of the glomerulus and the gaps between the podocytes by the basement memebrane. I was confused as to whether the podocytes are part of the epithelium or endothelium of the renal capsule, because my book calls them epithelial in one part and endothelial in the other :s-smilie:
Reply 7
:wtf?:

:biggrin: Oh, I have no idea. I haven't really covered that topic so I don't know what you're on about. Sounds familiar but, dunno. I was just using the terms in general.
Reply 8
No worries, thanx for your help, though...You've helped make thing s a little clearer :smile:

Anybody else have any idea as to whether podocytes are part of the enodthelium or epithelium of the renal capsule?

Latest

Trending

Trending