The Student Room Group

Post pictures of your dorm room!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
didgeridoo12uk
not decorated... but thats because we're really limited with what we can do :frown: so i just decorate it with my mess :biggrin:

The plant in the window made me laugh. It just looks like a plant pot with a dead stem. Huge room though :smile:
Reply 241
Ludwig Wittgenstein
LOL @ the man who wears crocs and warms his balls whilst sat at his desk

OMG I laughed so much at your post!!! :P
Reply 242
Has anyone got any pics of Elms Village, Queen's University Belfast?

Hoping to go there in September.
Reply 243
lekky
Haha I was actually wondering this, but I know that I'll be taking just as much stuff. Fortunately my mum is going to drive me but I was trying to work out just how many suitcases I will be taking... a lot :eek:
1 for shoes, 1 for clothes, 1 for make up, 1 for electricals.. :rolleyes:

Do people take their stuff in suitcases or is there a clever option I am unware of? Because negative of suitcases is that you'd have to store them somewhere, and if you can't get them under the bed, that would suck. Boxes/bags I guess.

I believe JML have these vacuum bags that shrink-wrap your clothes and the like :ninja:
Reply 244
lekky
Haha I was actually wondering this, but I know that I'll be taking just as much stuff. Fortunately my mum is going to drive me but I was trying to work out just how many suitcases I will be taking... a lot :eek:
1 for shoes, 1 for clothes, 1 for make up, 1 for electricals.. :rolleyes:

Do people take their stuff in suitcases or is there a clever option I am unware of? Because negative of suitcases is that you'd have to store them somewhere, and if you can't get them under the bed, that would suck. Boxes/bags I guess.

what about your parents taking them back home when they go?
Reply 245
Emsybean
I believe JML have these vacuum bags that shrink-wrap your clothes and the like :ninja:

That's clever ! :wink:
Reply 246
JoshC

Good suggestion, could just leave me one for coming back for Christmas/Easter :beard:
Reply 247
oh btw i have a question, sorry if it's dumb, but in some of these photos theres only a sink in the room, where's the actual toilet? where are you supposed to piss
kivper
Has anyone got any pics of Elms Village, Queen's University Belfast?

Hoping to go there in September.

Hey :smile: the accomodation at Queen's is really nice :smile: i went to look at it last october, but it is a bit of a walk from the uni itself.
but it is like your average accomodation tbh :smile:
man these rooms are much better than the one meadow had on the sopranos
Jess1106
The plant in the window made me laugh. It just looks like a plant pot with a dead stem. Huge room though :smile:

its not dead!!! :frown:

its actually my friends... she left it unwatered, and in the dark over christmas, so it pretty much died.... so now i'm (attempting) to bring it back to life :smile:
Reply 251
Rimipie
oh btw i have a question, sorry if it's dumb, but in some of these photos theres only a sink in the room, where's the actual toilet? where are you supposed to piss

LOL :facepalm2:

Most of these are in halls, you'd be lucky to have an en-suite.

But presumably the idea of sharing bathrooms with other people freaks you out?
Reply 252
Rimipie

You're supposed to piss/**** in the sink :smile:

nah there would be a communal toilet that you share with other people
Any pics of Bath or Bath Spa accomodation?
preferably Solsbury/marlborough court for Bath or Waterside court for Bath spa :smile:
Reply 254
didgeridoo12uk
its not dead!!! :frown:

its actually my friends... she left it unwatered, and in the dark over christmas, so it pretty much died.... so now i'm (attempting) to bring it back to life :smile:

Looks like you've been very successful!! .... :|
Reply 255
JoshC

and what about international students??!!
Reply 256
Rimipie

Unless you have an en-suite most toilet / shower facilities are communal and so they will be in a seperate room down your corridor or flat.
FTstudies
http://www.reading.ac.uk/life/accommodation/acc_Stenton.aspx

The new 2010 accomodation for University of Reading looks nice! Double bed, lots of storage, en suite and of course, I'll hopefully be one of the first people in it!

Wow, thats a hell of a lot nicer that the current ones.
Although i did still enjoy being in Windsor hall last year :biggrin:
Any of pictures of Exeter (Cornwall campus) ? ,apparently the accommodation is pretty lush...
Thanks
Reply 259
n1r4v
LOL :facepalm2:

Most of these are in halls, you'd be lucky to have an en-suite.

But presumably the idea of sharing bathrooms with other people freaks you out?

lekky

nah there would be a communal toilet that you share with other people

oh my god
no sharing a bathroom is too much for me, i can't have people leaving their pubes on the toilet seats and all sorts
so pissed off now you've ruined my uni excitement you guys

Quick Reply

Latest