The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Psychotic546
Ahh they did that in mine too. Erm Aly Cissokho?

Neymar just chose to go to Leverkusen instead of me and I offered exactly what he wanted. Didn't even negotiate :confused:

His stats aren't amazing. At the moment I have Ridgewell and Snra is coming in January who can play at both LB and RB.
Fergie is leaving Utd at the end of the season in my game [11/12], I'm tempted by the job but I have taken Fletcher on a free. :colonhash:
Reply 202
Wigan.

1st Season - 17th
2nd Season - 15th
3rd Season - 12th (and FA Cup final)
4th season - 10 games in and currently 10th (just beat United 1-0)

Really enjoying this game and have a good little squad, got a back four of Figueroa, Bassong, K. Toure and Lustig with Diarra in midfield and Diego Tardelli up top so I'm confident of clinching Europe this season, plus I have a lot of youngsters that have 4/5 star potential so the future is looking bright! The board have been really patient and it's a really enjoyable game (although the first season is stressful with the Caldwell Clowns at the back...)
Reply 203
Original post by Troubled_Student
I'm unsure, but with selling/loaning all the players I named from the original Arsenal team + the £16 million they give you in August it's more than enough to buy some top class players. For instance I bought Funes Mori, Luiz, Toloil and then got Kakuta (Chelsea) and Macheda (Man U) out on loan. I still had quite a bit left over.

Then with the £40m they give you in January (I was second in the league, so changed my expectations to Title Contenders, so I think I got closer to £60m) that then allowed me to buy Cavani, Alexis Sanchez and Yann M'Vila (30m, 17m and 25m respectively) So the budgets are more than enough to pretty much create an amazing team. As you can see by the budgets, try and buy cheaper players in the summer and then when you get the huge January budget buy the more expensive players.

*Note I only bought Sanchez as Walcott is out for the entire season due to a broken leg and I was desperate for a pacy AMR.

Anyway, quick update on my season. I've overtaken Chelsea in the league now after beating them in both the FA Cup and League. These games were consecutive so Chelsea fans must be devastated after crashing out of the Cup and then finding themselves second within three days. Now after a few more wins Chelsea find themselves five points behind me, so unless I do something horrific I can see the league being mine. Cavani is banging the goals in, as is Funes Mori, Sanchez has found himself on the score-sheet twice, whilst M'Vila is an absolute warrior of an anchorman, and even if they go past him they have my world-class defence of Davis Luiz and Toloil/Djourou to get through. I'm devastated that Cavani can't play in the Champions League due being cup-tied, however I've got Valencia which should be quite easy in comparison to other teams I could've drawn and Funes Mori seems to be consistent in goal-scoring so far.

haha.... nice to see you have invested in quality english players. Also, does anyone know whether it is worth spending big straight up for arsenal or waiting for the right moment to buy a few players. also, previous fm editions had very little in terms of pressure building on managers. i take it that it is different in fm 11?
Original post by gunit123
haha.... nice to see you have invested in quality english players. Also, does anyone know whether it is worth spending big straight up for arsenal or waiting for the right moment to buy a few players. also, previous fm editions had very little in terms of pressure building on managers. i take it that it is different in fm 11?

Doing it just like Arsene, playing foreigners! I did buy Alex Chamberlain though, but he's currently developing, he's not ready for the Prem yet. In answer to your question, I found it helpful to spend, especially in bolstering up the defence which is pretty much terrible, especially when you want to be qualifying for Europe/contending for the title. I spent around £15 million on the defence buying both Toliol and David Luiz, and I also sold out Squallaci and Vermelean. Djourou is very good in defence, especially if you play him in the RCB position he scores numerous headers, whilst Koscielny is a back-up for the main three CB's.
Doing it just like Arsene, playing foreigners! I did buy Alex Chamberlain though, but he's currently developing, he's not ready for the Prem yet. In answer to your question, I found it helpful to spend, especially in bolstering up the defence which is pretty much terrible, especially when you want to be qualifying for Europe/contending for the title. I spent around £15 million on the defence buying both Toliol and David Luiz, and I also sold out Squallaci and Vermelean. Djourou is very good in defence, especially if you play him in the RCB position he scores numerous headers, whilst Koscielny is a back-up for the main three CB's.

I'm 3 seasons in and still play Vermelean, alongside Sakho. Sold Djourou a while ago, Verm just gets solid 7.4's-7.5 for me.
Reply 206
Had a crazy sequence of games where i beat Arsenal 5-4, Dinamo Kyiz 8-1 and Huddersfield 7-0. 20 goals in 3 games!!! Following that were two 3-0 wins and a 3-1 win and a 6-0 win against Chelsea.

My team have gone goal crazy!!
Reply 207

What are nasri, song, wilshere and arshavin like in the game?
Original post by gunit123
What are nasri, song, wilshere and arshavin like in the game?

Nasri's very good, I play him as AML/R Inside Forward Attack and he gets numerous assists and goals, he can also score some great freekicks. Song is very good with some great stats and only gets better. Wilshere is very good from the start, grows rapidly and I've currently got him being tutored by Fabregas. The only minus with Wilshere is he gets tired very easily and his condition drops low, so it's hard to play him every game. I have no clue about Arshavin I ****ed him straight off to Liverpool for a hefty sum because he's ****.

@Psychotic - Nice. I was wondering whether to keep either Vermelean or Djourou but I thought I'd make more money through selling Vermelean, but for me Djourou is outstanding and has about 6-7 goals from corners.

P.S Walcott is terrible as a striker, he paces pretty much every defender but is terrible at converting chances, he always gets played AMR because I think I'd get so frustrated if he played up front.
(edited 13 years ago)
Didn't know TSR had a FM society :gah:

Mind if I join? :smile:

I only started up recently, but today I had an epic match:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=29771709&postcount=1000

This is why Arsenal should sign Michael Owen :love:
Reply 210
Original post by yourworstnightmare
Didn't know TSR had a FM society :gah:

Mind if I join? :smile:

I only started up recently, but today I had an epic match:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=29771709&postcount=1000

This is why Arsenal should sign Michael Owen :love:

What's so special about that :rofl: It's hardly epic, no offence.
Original post by V1NY
What's so special about that :rofl: It's hardly epic, no offence.

shame :colondollar:

:rofl:

no but really, it was a tough match, my second match of the season... it just felt so tactically brilliant to come back :ninjagirl:

If you saw the first half an hour you'd see how badly I was getting hammered :colonhash:

Might have another game now :teeth:

Liverpool at home - bring it on!

:sogood:
Leave him alone, he's just starting out :console:
Reply 213
Original post by Seanisonfire
Leave him alone, he's just starting out :console:

Sound anymore condescending? :wink: hahahha!

In other news, i've barely played recently I seem to have lost my spark for the game for now.. I might start a new game with a decent team see what happens..
Reply 214
I go through phases of FM playing, 3-4 days of 2 hours + sessions then a week of no FM
2 hours? wimp.
Going London tomorrow, may aswel take my laptop and play FM on the train...:moon:
Reply 217
Original post by Seanisonfire
2 hours? wimp.

Don't really have the time when I'm doing nothing these days :sad:
Jesus, I'm kinda glad the EPL doesn't have a winter break after playing a game in la liga. Constant games with 3 days max rest :nothing:
Reply 219
Nasri's very good, I play him as AML/R Inside Forward Attack and he gets numerous assists and goals, he can also score some great freekicks. Song is very good with some great stats and only gets better. Wilshere is very good from the start, grows rapidly and I've currently got him being tutored by Fabregas. The only minus with Wilshere is he gets tired very easily and his condition drops low, so it's hard to play him every game. I have no clue about Arshavin I ****ed him straight off to Liverpool for a hefty sum because he's ****.

@Psychotic - Nice. I was wondering whether to keep either Vermelean or Djourou but I thought I'd make more money through selling Vermelean, but for me Djourou is outstanding and has about 6-7 goals from corners.

P.S Walcott is terrible as a striker, he paces pretty much every defender but is terrible at converting chances, he always gets played AMR because I think I'd get so frustrated if he played up front.

Are gibbs and eboue good cover for clichy and sagna? Also, what is the condition/fitness factor like in this game because in previous fm editions, it was essential that you had at least two players in each position as players regularly get exhausted (more prone to injury). thanks for the help...

Latest