The Student Room Group

Nicest response from a university?

Hi Everyone

Which University has given you the nicest response to your UCAS application?

University of Sheffield were very nice to me every time I've rung up / emailed!

I'm just curious, who were nicest to you?

Arun

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Dear tehforum

We want you so much at the university of Cambridge.
Your offer is unconditional.

love

university of Cambridge
Reply 2
lol loughbrough,
she was a nice lady and even said she looked forward to seeing me
oooooohh yeeeeaaahhhhh :wink: :P no she was a nice lad. :wink:
Reply 3
Well I did get a promise of free tea and biscuits at Sheffield... :P
Unsuccessful

they put it nice and lightly
Lancaster said that they're fascinated with my application...
Original post by chill543
lol loughbrough,

isi :wink:
Reply 7
It was probably LSE for me. I remember their acknowledgement email being nice and friendly. Sheffield have been nice as well. Oxford's correspondence is quite bland, but they made up for it by being nice at interview haha.
Original post by chill543
lol loughbrough,

loooooooool...how old was she eh??
Reply 9
Southampton: Got a phone call back in answer to an email I had sent. Nice helpful lady. :smile:
aberystwyth were really nice to me got a personal letter off the head tutor for my course discussing my personal statement etc :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Arunruk
Well I did get a promise of free tea and biscuits at Sheffield... :P

At my Sheffield open day, we got free sandwiches and biscuits/tea/juice :wink:
Reply 12
I think I got emails wishing me a merry christmas from 3 Universities when I applied in 2010.
Reply 13
"Hey babez this is emma from oxford admissions just wanted to let you know that we're not gonna give you the spot but thanks for tryin best of luck gettin into your other choices hun xxx mwah''
Reply 14
Original post by juliewho
At my Sheffield open day, we got free sandwiches and biscuits/tea/juice :wink:

That just made me wanna go more, but more importantly what sort of sandwiches? :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by milkytea
It was probably LSE for me. I remember their acknowledgement email being nice and friendly. Sheffield have been nice as well. Oxford's correspondence is quite bland, but they made up for it by being nice at interview haha.

As sad as this is, I have to say it.

A LEVEL TWINS!!! :awesome:
Reply 16
Original post by AssassinsCreed
loooooooool...how old was she eh??

she didnt tell me,
ahhh mrs Julie reay :wink:

I SHOULD ADD HER ON FB!!! :wink:
I got a postcard from Southampton last year saying thank you for applying, thought that was rather nice of them.
Reply 18
Original post by Arunruk
That just made me wanna go more, but more importantly what sort of sandwiches? :smile:

Lots of little fancy ones with different meaty things and salady things in, and they had a vegetarian platter too which made me quite happy :tongue: Best of all, they had more chocolate biscuits than boring plain ones...
The admissions staff at UEA were very friendly. From sending off my application to getting my A-level results I received lots of emails from them, which was nice as it made me feel like they really wanted to find out what I thought about the admissions process: lots of surveys with the opportunity to win stuff, and they even added me to the faculty newsletter mailing list so I could see what was going on in the department. It was only ever my insurance and I got the grades for my firm in the end, but in a way I would have liked to go there because the course was good and everyone seemed so nice.

Quick Reply

Latest