The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by suicidaloverbusiness
I'm with OCR but i've noticed that most of AQA's philosophy content is condensed into the AS philosophy unit for OCR. To be honest, I found the lessons enlightening if anything; though, I agree some of the concepts are rather complex.

Aha, some concepts are also just plain stupid. Plato's idea of the world of forms is still amusing to me...
Original post by Defragmentation
Aha, some concepts are also just plain stupid. Plato's idea of the world of forms is still amusing to me...

Lol, to be fair, I wasn't too fond of Plato; yet, I found his analogy of the cave pretty interesting. I like Aristotle more so than Plato, he's so much more of a realist. :biggrin:

Which concepts do you not like?
Reply 282
Isn't the date a bit early than last year's.
So nervous for the 8th of march, definitely messed up on history and psychology! Looks like I will be joining some of the people on here and retaking !
Lol, to be fair, I wasn't too fond of Plato; yet, I found his analogy of the cave pretty interesting. I like Aristotle more so than Plato, he's so much more of a realist. :biggrin:

Which concepts do you not like?

I detested Virtue Ethics, aha, it just looks like I hate anything written by the founding fathers of Philosophy :P
Original post by JustBorn

Yep, because of this. Hey, shouldn't complain - wouldn't you rather find out sooner? :smile:
Reply 286
Original post by JustBorn

It's normally the 2nd Thursday in March, this year it just happens to be as early as that can be.
Pretty much a month left :wink: - I am in two minds on wheteher i want my results as soon as possible, or would like the time to go longer :/
Probs going to be retaking bio
Reply 289
Original post by swiftylol

Saamee :frown:
Reply 290
Original post by swiftylol

Lol me too \:
Original post by Defragmentation
I detested Virtue Ethics, aha, it just looks like I hate anything written by the founding fathers of Philosophy :P

Oh, I see. I have yet to cover that, but it doesn't look appealing to me either. :rolleyes:
Reply 292
Gonna be retaking biology edexcel - fml -.-
Going to be retaking Psychology and Drama :cry:
Original post by madders94
Going to be retaking Psychology and Drama :cry:

Same with Psychology :frown: :frown:
Reply 295
A month today I will be very tense. Think I might have to do mechanics again.
I think I'll try to get my results when there isn't a big queue. I cannot stand queuing with too talkative people :tongue:

I also cannot stand hearing people announce that they don't care about exams or results - I think to myself why are you at college then?:rolleyes:
I know almost, for a fact that i'm retaking C1, damn it!
I know almost, for a fact that i'm retaking C1, damn it!

I got completely screwed by the graph questions :frown:
Original post by Apocalyptic Fish
I got completely screwed by the graph questions :frown:

I got screwed from the anxiety attacks I had. I found the paper easy, well, for the first five-ish questions I managed at least. Not sure about the rest. Try not to worry, i'm sure you picked up enough marks to get that coveted A. :biggrin:

Quick Reply