The Student Room Group

Boobs, Lingerie & Bra Questions Thread (Continued)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kate.
How loose are 28s on you? Have you tried any Elle Macpherson bras? I've had one from that range and it comes up so small! I usually wear a 30 band in other brands but the 32 EM band still feels tight. Perhaps a 28 in that might be suitable for you. Mind you, they're usually more expensive than £32 (but you can get them in the Figleaves outlet really cheap sometimes, mine was only like £10). Might be worth having a look at some reviews for other brands on Figleaves as well in case any other ones come up small :smile:

Do Elle Macpherson do 28 backs? I never found any on figleaves.
Reply 1621
Original post by rainbow.panda
Do Elle Macpherson do 28 backs? I never found any on figleaves.

Ooh good point, sorry to get your hopes up. Looking around I think they might start at 32, ergh. =/ There are probably other brands that come up small though, fingers crossed you'll find something suitable. Finding my size is annoying enough, I feel for you!
Original post by Kate.
Ooh good point, sorry to get your hopes up. Looking around I think they might start at 32, ergh. =/ There are probably other brands that come up small though, fingers crossed you'll find something suitable. Finding my size is annoying enough, I feel for you!

It's so annoying! :frown: I heard that Curvy Kate tends to come up a bit small in the band so I might try them at some point. I heard that Freya and Panache might start selling 26 backs at some point, not sure how true this is though. Though I'd probably need a 24 back in Freya, their 28 backs feel like 30 backs!
I sent Bravissimo an email yesterday asking if there's any chance of them stocking 26 backs in the future, and here was the reply:

"We are always looking for feedback from our customers about the range of products we sell and I will certainly log your request for 26 backs. Over the years we have made so many additions to our range based on customer feedback. When I first started working here 8 years ago we only had about three bras in a 28 back and now the majority of our range comes in this size so there is hope!"

Glad I finally got someone to hear me out about this, they have bras exclusive to Bravissimo so perhaps they'll start making them in smaller back sizes? I hope so!
Is it just me or does anyone else find underwear shopping kinda cringey..if thats a word. I wait in the queue and then if the cashier I end up with turns out to be a male, I let the next person cut in front. I'm generally quite a confident person but this is one of the only things I find weird doing..and its not because I am unhappy with my size because I am confident about my body..its just that buying something quite personal... I dont know where I'm going with this but basically bra shopping is not something I enjoy and I'm always so glad to get it out of the way.
Reply 1625
Original post by ilovefashion90
Is it just me or does anyone else find underwear shopping kinda cringey..if thats a word. I wait in the queue and then if the cashier I end up with turns out to be a male, I let the next person cut in front. I'm generally quite a confident person but this is one of the only things I find weird doing..and its not because I am unhappy with my size because I am confident about my body..its just that buying something quite personal... I dont know where I'm going with this but basically bra shopping is not something I enjoy and I'm always so glad to get it out of the way.

Nope...I'd never let someone cut in front of me just because the cashier is male! What if there were only males working on the till? Bit silly to worry about that IMO. They're only clothes.
Reply 1626
I sent Bravissimo an email yesterday asking if there's any chance of them stocking 26 backs in the future, and here was the reply:

"We are always looking for feedback from our customers about the range of products we sell and I will certainly log your request for 26 backs. Over the years we have made so many additions to our range based on customer feedback. When I first started working here 8 years ago we only had about three bras in a 28 back and now the majority of our range comes in this size so there is hope!"

Glad I finally got someone to hear me out about this, they have bras exclusive to Bravissimo so perhaps they'll start making them in smaller back sizes? I hope so!

Yaaaay!! :biggrin:
Reply 1627
So finally stocked up on some new bras, but after wearing them for a full day, they are killing me! The main problem with all of them is that they are digging into my breast bone and the band feels too tight. They felt fine in the shop. Do you think they will get better with a few washes? Or should I see if I can return them?
Original post by fxyz
Yaaaay!! :biggrin:

The day when a company like Bravissimo start selling my size I'll be celebrating :biggrin: I know Panache are trialing 26 backs in certain styles in their Spring 2013 collection so look out for that :smile:
Original post by kat91s
So finally stocked up on some new bras, but after wearing them for a full day, they are killing me! The main problem with all of them is that they are digging into my breast bone and the band feels too tight. They felt fine in the shop. Do you think they will get better with a few washes? Or should I see if I can return them?

Sometimes tightness from a bra can be down to cups that are too small. When you put it on, just fasten the back and see how it feels. If it doesn't feel too tight then it's okay. Also, I have a bra that has underwires that come up quite high in the middle and they dig into my breast bone a bit, I guess the style just isn't right for me because I don't have much padding up top. What size are the bras? I can't remember if you mentioned your measurements.
Reply 1630
Sometimes tightness from a bra can be down to cups that are too small. When you put it on, just fasten the back and see how it feels. If it doesn't feel too tight then it's okay. Also, I have a bra that has underwires that come up quite high in the middle and they dig into my breast bone a bit, I guess the style just isn't right for me because I don't have much padding up top. What size are the bras? I can't remember if you mentioned your measurements.

36B and 34C. My breast bone sticks out a bit, I guess that's why. Not sure what the solution to my problem is now though.
Original post by kat91s
36B and 34C. My breast bone sticks out a bit, I guess that's why. Not sure what the solution to my problem is now though.

What are your measurements? I can help you find your starting point so you can find the right bra :smile:
Reply 1632
What are your measurements? I can help you find your starting point so you can find the right bra :smile:

35 bust and 30 below. I usually wear a size 8/10.

I was wearing a 34B but the underwires were cutting in at the sides. They were low in the middle though, so didn't cut into my breast bone like the new ones are. I can't find any more bras in that style though, they all seem to come up just slightly in the middle, which is enough to cause problems.
Original post by kat91s
35 bust and 30 below. I usually wear a size 8/10.

I was wearing a 34B but the underwires were cutting in at the sides. They were low in the middle though, so didn't cut into my breast bone like the new ones are. I can't find any more bras in that style though, they all seem to come up just slightly in the middle, which is enough to cause problems.

Going by measurements alone I'd say you were a 30DD. That might sound big but all it means is that there's a 5 inch difference between your bust and underbust.

These sites sell this size, luckily it's very easy to find:
www.brastop.com
www.figleaves.com
www.bravissimo.com
www.marksandspencer.com

You should try similar sizes too, since measurements are only a starting point and bras vary by manufacturer. So you could try a 32D or a 28E, for example.
Hope I helped :smile:
Reply 1634
Going by measurements alone I'd say you were a 30DD. That might sound big but all it means is that there's a 5 inch difference between your bust and underbust.

These sites sell this size, luckily it's very easy to find:
www.brastop.com
www.figleaves.com
www.bravissimo.com
www.marksandspencer.com

You should try similar sizes too, since measurements are only a starting point and bras vary by manufacturer. So you could try a 32D or a 28E, for example.
Hope I helped :smile:

Yeah it does sound big, and I would be worried that the back would be too small too. Thanks for all your help! :smile:

So do you think I should have a look for some different sizes and try and return the ones I have?

My other problem is that I'm only in the country for another week, so I need something fast.
Original post by kat91s
Yeah it does sound big, and I would be worried that the back would be too small too. Thanks for all your help! :smile:

So do you think I should have a look for some different sizes and try and return the ones I have?

My other problem is that I'm only in the country for another week, so I need something fast.

I don't think there's any point keeping bras you know don't fit so if you can return them, do. Unless of course you've worn them already. Bravissimo are really good so if you're anywhere near a store you could try there, they'll be able to help you find the right bra. M&S and Debenhams are options too, they're in most shopping centres I should think. I know M&S do next day delivery on their website if you can't get to a store.

Don't worry about the back being too small, it'll feel really tight at first but it shouldn't be too tight that it's uncomfortable. It's meant to be tight so it doesn't shift about and to give you the proper support. You'd know if it was too small, you'd barely be able to fasten it and it would be extremely uncomfortable.
My boobs keep growing :frown:
Reply 1637
No idea why I clicked on this thread. I guess i just love bewbies :3
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
My boobs keep growing :frown:

Oh hello. :sexface:
Original post by ak137
No idea why I clicked on this thread. I guess i just love bewbies :3

Oh hello. :sexface:

It's not a good thing :unimpressed:
Reply 1639
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!