The Student Room Group

The FIFA Gaming Society

Scroll to see replies

Heskey scored a freekick against me. Fifa is broken.
Played in the cup earlier on, chose Freiberg again (even though they dreadfully miss Cisse but Dembele is more than adequate once you get use to him being left footed), 1st round was winning 4-0 on 37 minutes when my opponent quit. Was a shame really as I did get lucky on the break for all the goals. I think what pushed it was that goals 3 and 4 were right after each other, I literally won the ball back after kick off marched up field and scored.

I wanted to batter someone after losing to my housemate 4-0. Had a rather ridicilous incident where played went on, should have been a corner but wait, apparently Ferdinand took out one of Milan's strikers on the edge of the box, so free-kick....and a red? I mean wtf? I seem to get a red card after advantage has been played rather a lot more than it should happen.

Anyway, played the next game against Poland. Was one of the best games I've played. I go 2-0 up. 3-2 down. 4-3 up. 4-4 with minutes left. Stoppage time and my opponent has a penalty which blazes over.

Extra time, I score straight away in the first half and he equalises around mid way through the second and then I can't get another chance. 5-5. I should have lost. He had at least twice as many shots as me. Penalties it is which I win 3-1. First two I blazed over, he missed two of his and I saved his forth. Was a great game and I sent them a message saying how much I enjoyed it. Only problem was I think they were German going on their profile so they might not have understood.
Reply 1782
Only recently discovered how good of a 4 star team Columbia are. :coma:
Original post by Mr.Messy
I've been recommended Bilbao before. Might as well try them. :holmes:

I don't know, its just a joke at how incompetent the refs and AI controlled players get sometimes.

Times like these I force myself to take a break from FIFA, before it breaks me, or I end up breaking the disc. :P

Some of the defending that occurs as a result of the AI controlled players is just a joke. Yes, of course it makes it harder, but it's also stupidly unrealistic at times - especially with the pressing. No team decides to push up all four of their defenders constantly to halfway leaving the entire defensive half behind them for people to run onto...
Original post by KingMessi
Some of the defending that occurs as a result of the AI controlled players is just a joke. Yes, of course it makes it harder, but it's also stupidly unrealistic at times - especially with the pressing. No team decides to push up all four of their defenders constantly to halfway leaving the entire defensive half behind them for people to run onto...

AI defenders not even attempting to jump and header the ball from incoming crosses/corners is a big issue too. Infuriating.

They leave too many gaps when they push up, and then try to correct it by having 2 players rush towards 1 opponent, who then chips the ball over them to his team mate and bam, through on goal.

Mostly they are just too slow to react as well.

Sort it out EA. :stomp:
AI defenders not even attempting to jump and header the ball from incoming crosses/corners is a big issue too. Infuriating.

They leave too many gaps when they push up, and then try to correct it by having 2 players rush towards 1 opponent, who then chips the ball over them to his team mate and bam, through on goal.

Mostly they are just too slow to react as well.

Sort it out EA. :stomp:

Totally agree with everything you say. It's maddening - and it results in a dearth of nice attacking moves, as by far and away the most effective way to score, and hence win, is through the L1 and triangle ball over the top, as opposed to passing the ball around the attacking third.
Reply 1786
Original post by mau5
Only recently discovered how good of a 4 star team Columbia are. :coma:

Peru are a seriously good 3 and half star team. With Pizzaro, Farfan and Vargas in a 4-3-3 formation. Can't think of many teams that star rating with an attack that good.
Reply 1787
Original post by xxm
Peru are a seriously good 3 and half star team. With Pizzaro, Farfan and Vargas in a 4-3-3 formation. Can't think of many teams that star rating with an attack that good.

:yy: Just used them in the final to beat some guy playing as Wolfsburg. He raged after a Pizzzaro hat trick. :colone: Used the default formation which wasn't great mind, U'll be using them in seasons quite a bit now though. Chile are another underrated 4 star team to use as well.
My current UT squad is:

GK Cech 85
LWB Cole 85
CB Terry 86
CB Ferdinand 87
CB Kompany 84
RWB Sagna 83
CM Modric 88
CM Gerrard 87
LW Bale 86
RW Mata 86
ST IF Adebayour 86

Subs: Luiz 82, Vermalen 83, Silva 87, Van der Vaart 87, Nasri 86, Nani 85, Suarez 85
Reserves: Walker 76, Clichy 80, Toure 83, Essien 84, Gervinho 84

I think I'm going to get rid of Ade as his touch and control is just too heavy, I find I score more with Suarez on the pitch as he doesn't give it away as much. If I sell the players I don't really use much along with him I can end up with around 130k. I can either spend all that on someone like the upgraded RVP or go for someone like Torres, Drogba or upgraded Suarez and use the rest of the cash to upgrade either my Nani or Silva.

Thoughts on what I should go for?
Reply 1789
Original post by Narcissist
My current UT squad is:

GK Cech 85
LWB Cole 85
CB Terry 86
CB Ferdinand 87
CB Kompany 84
RWB Sagna 83
CM Modric 88
CM Gerrard 87
LW Bale 86
RW Mata 86
ST IF Adebayour 86

Subs: Luiz 82, Vermalen 83, Silva 87, Van der Vaart 87, Nasri 86, Nani 85, Suarez 85
Reserves: Walker 76, Clichy 80, Toure 83, Essien 84, Gervinho 84

I think I'm going to get rid of Ade as his touch and control is just too heavy, I find I score more with Suarez on the pitch as he doesn't give it away as much. If I sell the players I don't really use much along with him I can end up with around 130k. I can either spend all that on someone like the upgraded RVP or go for someone like Torres, Drogba or upgraded Suarez and use the rest of the cash to upgrade either my Nani or Silva.

Thoughts on what I should go for?

Upgraded Ba...with his pace and finishing, he's a monster. Got him for 24k on the PS3 thanks to EA's generous gift :biggrin:
****ing finally. A game where I dominate and win comfortably.

Picked Milan and was playing Utd, 2-0 up within 15 mins and then the guy pauses it. Changes Dea Gea for Linegaard and then plays x5 better passing and skillful football. No doubt a swap was made during the pause. :lol:

Doesn't matter though, I demolish him to pieces as well and it ends 7-2. :pierre:

Fair play to him sticking for the whole 90m though. :yy:
****ing finally. A game where I dominate and win comfortably.

Picked Milan and was playing Utd, 2-0 up within 15 mins and then the guy pauses it. Changes Dea Gea for Linegaard and then plays x5 better passing and skillful football. No doubt a swap was made during the pause. :lol:

Doesn't matter though, I demolish him to pieces as well and it ends 7-2. :pierre:

Fair play to him sticking for the whole 90m though. :yy:

Division 1.
Original post by Tzarchasm
Division 1.

The holy land. Alas, I haven't reached it yet. :puppyeyes:

Closet I've come was 2 pts off it in D2. :frown:
Lol got promoted to division 2 for the first time earlier. First game in and i am playing wonderful stuff and am 6-0 at half time. I get complacent and start to experiment and suddenly in like 8 minutes at the 70 minute mark concede 3 goals (hadn't conceded a goal in 5 games until this point). I realise then if ever i somehow drew this it would be the worst game in existence and a terrible day in general. So i start playing again and score 2 more to win 8-3. Not bad seeing i've never scored over 5 goals online before. Drew the next game after going 2 nil down in first 10 minutes. Equalise in the next 10 minutes. Score doesn't change after that! Last game played against the best player i have played by far. He was Panathinaikos and you could tell he knew how to play the game. Very impressive though i almost nicked a draw from it only losing 2-1, but i could tell when i saw custom formation 13 and i very attacking 4-2-4 style that it was going to be someone who knew how to play!

Once again i do recommend my formation with Swansea. Works wonders and 50% of the time you get Swansea who are very easy to beat (ironically maybe?) due to their formation. Maybe it helps i know the team inside out, but my mate who has no links to Swansea really likes it as well and only plays as Real Madrid and them with the formation of 4-1-3-2 (in effect 5 strikers and 1 DM. I find you don't really need a midfield to do well on fifa.
The holy land. Alas, I haven't reached it yet. :puppyeyes:

Closet I've come was 2 pts off it in D2. :frown:

Opps, just realised what I wrote. Was supposed to have said "What division are you in?".

Yeah, I went to division 4 without being relegated at all then somehow lost like 30 games in a row (roughly, but with one or two wins here and there) so was relegated to like division 7/8. Now, somehow, I'm in division 1 after a row of wins (mainly luck though).
Original post by Tzarchasm
Opps, just realised what I wrote. Was supposed to have said "What division are you in?".

Yeah, I went to division 4 without being relegated at all then somehow lost like 30 games in a row (roughly, but with one or two wins here and there) so was relegated to like division 7/8. Now, somehow, I'm in division 1 after a row of wins (mainly luck though).

Back to back relegations put me in Division 4. :emo:

It takes me ages to recover from a loss streak. :frown:
Reply 1796
Played some guy in the semi-finals of the bronze tournament. He had some sort of English theme, 96 chem, I had my Polska Liga squad, 92 chem. Scored in the 10th minute, but to be fair he was a good player and controlled the game throughout. However, I held on to the 1-0 lead with some last ditch tackles and saves.

After the game he sent me a message: "nice defending for 80 minutes w*nker"

I was thinking: you had aroung 80% possession in the 2nd half, not my fault you couldn't make it count :confused:
Into the promised land of division 1. My mate has lost one and won one, and i have won one out of one. If we keep the average points of 2 points a game up we will win the league title! :biggrin:
Original post by Radekal
Played some guy in the semi-finals of the bronze tournament. He had some sort of English theme, 96 chem, I had my Polska Liga squad, 92 chem. Scored in the 10th minute, but to be fair he was a good player and controlled the game throughout. However, I held on to the 1-0 lead with some last ditch tackles and saves.

After the game he sent me a message: "nice defending for 80 minutes w*nker"

I was thinking: you had aroung 80% possession in the 2nd half, not my fault you couldn't make it count :confused:

My tactic whenever I'm up against a pacy counter attacking team is just to sit deep and soak up the pressure, they can pass it round the midfield all they like, then I just need to make the most of my chances when I get them.
Scenario:

Though season so far, but you've managed to give promotion to D3 a shot. Need a WIN from the last game to get promoted.

Match starts, you are Real playing vs Barca. Chances at both ends, the only thing missing is goals. HT its 0-0.

Your opponent takes up all 40 seconds of the pause, but does not make a change.
Its pretty to obvious that he's gone/something has happened, he is not controlling his players.

Just happened to me. I decided to destroy the guy and the match ended 8-0. I got promoted but couldn't help feeling a tiny bit guilty.

But the reason I did it in the first place was because I expected him and everyone else in my situation to do the same.

What would you do?

Quick Reply