The Student Room Group

Why is it seen as okay for guys to walk around shirtless but not females?

Why? :colone:

Scroll to see replies

Lol I asked this question not that long ago & it got taken down for some reason :s-smilie: I think it's something to do with people being more sexually aroused with female breasts than male breasts. Therefore it's seen as socially unacceptable for females to go out topless otherwise they will get attacked or whatever. I personally disagree however as that's almost saying they would be partly to blame which is obviously unfair :wink:
Reply 2
It's just a social norm, I might as well ask why can't men wear skirts. Not indicative of inequality.
Reply 3
Boobies.

This is obvious, the proof being that it is absolutely and unequivocally NOT acceptable for fat males to walk around topless.

:zomg:
Reply 4
It's a damn shame, that's for sure!
Original post by M1011
Boobies.

This is obvious, the proof being that it is absolutely and unequivocally NOT acceptable for fat males to walk around topless.

:zomg:

ugh i see them all the time on the beach in my home town, luckily even though my uni town has a beach too, I've not seen that fashion error there yet.
It is okay in some cultures (eg. some tribes in Africa). Just a social norm in most countries for breasts to be covered.
Its not always the case... It depends heavily on the body the guy has.

If he has an average or even terrible body, no one usually bats an eyelid. Some guy starts walking around who has some measure of tone and everyone hates him for it.
Reply 8
Boobies are sexualised, therefore 'indecent'.

Sex is dirty, remember. We live in the west. Owait, sex is even dirtier in the east :wink:
Don't know what your talking about, i am totally ok with women walking around topless in fact i encourage it.

I'm progressive :borat:
Original post by sdfwlekjgkl

nike shox $32

Sounds like a bargain! Do I post my credit card details here? >_>
Original post by Zuki

What area do you live? Other here, men and women walk shirtless but mostly at beaches and hosted parties.

Everywhere is different.
Reply 12
Original post by sdfwlekjgkl

n2012 comes, in order to thank everyone, characteristic, novel style, varieties, low price and good quality, and the low sale price. Thank everyone

free shipping

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

Seems legit, especially since they accept the paypal. I'll take 10 "sunglass".
Social norm. In some other countries in Europe, no-one would care. I think Denmark is one of these. Apparently it's quite normal to strip off naked for a picture by the town square fountain, then put your clothes back on and walk off.

I would like it if someone from this area of countries could confirm/deny what I've been told.

Edit: Unless I have misremembered the country, it appears I have been lied to. Troll Dad.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 14
boobs are like sex organs. society doesnt want them publicly displayed. That and there would be a lot of car crashes and similar things if women went around with their tits on show.
Reply 15
Original post by willbee
boobs are like sex organs. society doesnt want them publicly displayed. That and there would be a lot of car crashes and similar things if women went around with their tits on show.

What film is your sig from? i remember watching it ages ago.
Reply 16
Original post by A-K-J
What film is your sig from? i remember watching it ages ago.

The Never Ending Story :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by willbee
The Never Ending Story :smile:

Think ill watch that instead of revising at 5am :biggrin:
Because boys/men have no boobies, that's all there's is to it don't make it sound so complicated.
Reply 19
Original post by Zuki

In the Netherlands, France, Sri Lanka and Brazil I think it is actually legal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending