The Student Room Group

Should I go to University this year? I've made my offer and insurance. Please help.

Hi guys. I'm new on here. I really need some advice! So i'm 18, 19 in june and have my A levels coming up. I've applied to do Philosophy, got all the offers I wanted and have made my Firm Bristol University and my insurance Manchester University. I live in Bristol so I'd be living at home if I got the grades for Bristol. I haven't been to Manchester yet so I have no idea what it's like.

The thing is, i'm really worried I wont get my 3 A's required to get into Bristol, and doubt they'll let me in if I don't. I'm a bit apprehensive about moving away to Manchester and i'm not even sure philosophy's what I want to do. I'm happy to do it at Bristol, but to move away for it is a whole other kettle of fish!

If I didn't get the grades and decided to wait a year, I'd be 20 years old by the time I got to Uni which i'm worried might be a bit mature to go :s-smilie:. Of course I want a new experience by going to Manchester, and I know it's highly regarded but I'm just not sure... what would you do if you were in my shoes?

Cheers :smile:
OP, you'll have 10x a better time living there, than living at home.

I live the city next to Cardiff, but still intent on living there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending